http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 11:28:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Vita] Assassin's Creed 3 : Liberation  (Read 1620 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »

There's a thread at NeoGAF with details on the Assassin's Creed game for Vita.  It takes place in New Orleans after the French & Indian War and stars a female assassin named Aveline.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »

just saw a video for this.  pending reviews my games to get when I eventually get a Vita just rose to 2  thumbsup

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:33:21 PM »

I was browsing Amazon and saw that there will be a special Vita bundle for the game.

it's a crystal white Vita WiFi.  they don't mention if anything else comes with the bundle, but it's $249.99 so, unless there is a Vita price drop, you're getting the game for free.

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:47:50 PM »

Yeah, the bundle looks really cool. If I didn't have a Vita already I'd get it. I am psyched for this game. I've seen footage of the game in action and it looks great.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 02:40:53 AM »

I would love a white vita. Maybe not such a fingerprint magnet. After playing golf all night and drinking beers it looks like a monkey was using it. Good forbid I ate a few pretzels that night as well...slywink
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »

The newer videos on this look awesome. Might have to grab this dependent on reviews.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »

Official Story Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIEZqTe2ROA

Looks incredible! I can't believe that this is on a portable system. smile

davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 11:12:41 PM »

This game actually looks really good. Hopefully it'll play as good as it looks, but I'm gonna wait for reviews, as the last few mobile AC games have been mediocre at best, and unplayable garbage at worst.

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 03:06:43 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on October 21, 2012, 01:33:00 PM

Official Story Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIEZqTe2ROA

Looks incredible! I can't believe that this is on a portable system. smile

I really like that it appears they are playing up the fact that you're playing a female this time around.

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »

It's out in Spain along with AC3 (street date broken...) and screenshots are flooding the internet.

Looks incredible!

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 04:50:36 PM »

Impressions:

After playing a while last night, it looks like the single player campaign is a fully fledged "big console" campaign. Main story, side missions, collectables, weapons, inventory, pickpocketing, etc... Plenty of things to do.
The world feels alive and populated. Sometimes you'll see more than 20 civilians on screen at once, in other zones it will feel more deserted: it just feels right. It's more than people walking directionless. There are plenty of animations like dogs scratching their backs, leaves falling, dust, people working in the street. There is plenty of attention to detail.
Parcouring has many different animations, zones where you can climb, vistas, etc... I like the jump button. It is not needed when parcouring, it is used to enlarge the movements Aveline can do.
Multiplayer still not active, so i can't tell you. There are near goodies.
There are some framerate dips. For the most sensitive of you, this could be a problem. It's not for me.
The only negative for me, is the compression of audio. The OS is excellent, voices, sounds and ambiental noises are well designed, but with compression they lack punch and the whole package feels less epic. Of course, this will mostly be appreciated if you play with headphones.
Definitely a must buy.

More pics

Remember, it will look even better on the Vita screen! Next Tuesday is going to be huge! smile

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »

About 10 minutes of new footage (slight spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iqJArjOL3fo#t=743s

Looks great!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 08:33:54 PM »

yep, this is a definite must buy whenever I get a Vita.  Bundle is tempting, but the Wii U is out less than 3 weeks after; I wish Gamestop would let people know if they're getting their pre-orders or going to have to wait.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »

Man, those new games really make me want a Vita, I know I'll get one, but I think I'm waiting for one more strategy game for it, or at least something more top down. A new Killzone Liberation with dual stick controls, rather than the shoehorning more FPSs onto handhelds.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »

I don't know if this helps you guys at all...but the Vita is only 179.99 at Target for the 3g/Wifi Model with 8GB Mem Card!

Crazy Deal!

http://www.target.com/p/playstation-vita-hardware-3g-bundle-with-8gb-memory-and-at-t-data-connect-black-playstation-vita/-/A-14007120#prodSlot=medium_1_2

With Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Need For Speed and other huge games out this/next month....it's a great time to get a Vita. smile

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on October 28, 2012, 01:14:15 PM

I don't know if this helps you guys at all...but the Vita is only 179.99 at Target for the 3g/Wifi Model with 8GB Mem Card!

Crazy Deal!

http://www.target.com/p/playstation-vita-hardware-3g-bundle-with-8gb-memory-and-at-t-data-connect-black-playstation-vita/-/A-14007120#prodSlot=medium_1_2

With Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Need For Speed and other huge games out this/next month....it's a great time to get a Vita. smile

That is certainly great deal. If I didn't have one already I'd jump all over that!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 28, 2012, 09:53:13 PM

Quote from: Hetz on October 28, 2012, 01:14:15 PM

Crazy Deal!

That is certainly great deal. If I didn't have one already I'd jump all over that!

looks like the deal is already dead according to CAG.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 06:46:14 PM »

http://www.frys.com/product/7363434?site=sa:adpages%20page:P9_SUN%20date:102812

Definitely not as good, but it saves a little bit of money for the package.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 29, 2012, 06:46:14 PM

http://www.frys.com/product/7363434?site=sa:adpages%20page:P9_SUN%20date:102812

Definitely not as good, but it saves a little bit of money for the package.

That is a good deal. My wife is going to be picking up the Assassins Creed Vita bundle today. She likes the white Vita and she loves the Assassins Creed games....so she is pretty pumped!

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 01:20:12 PM »

Oh, also Liberation is up for purchase on the US PSN Store if you search for it. smile

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on October 30, 2012, 01:20:12 PM

Oh, also Liberation is up for purchase on the US PSN Store if you search for it. smile

I got burned on that when I bought Little Big Planet Vita. If you bought it before it was up on the store front, you were stuck with a version that wouldn't install, forcing you to wait until Sony could get around to deleting your purchase and refund you so you could repurchase it and get a working version. From now on I'm waiting until Sony clearly shows me it's ready.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 03:14:06 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 30, 2012, 01:49:22 PM

Quote from: Hetz on October 30, 2012, 01:20:12 PM

I got burned on that when I bought Little Big Planet Vita. If you bought it before it was up on the store front, you were stuck with a version that wouldn't install, forcing you to wait until Sony could get around to deleting your purchase and refund you so you could repurchase it and get a working version. From now on I'm waiting until Sony clearly shows me it's ready.

That sucks.  I've bought quite a few games when they were only on Search and had no issues.  In fact, I have Liberation installed on my Vita right now.  Let me launch it. Mmmmmmmm....Liberation.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 04:13:02 PM »

We have a review up on the front page!

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »

Tried this game for a bit yesterday. The reviews in general seem to be right on the money, at least judging from my early impressions. Didn't get very far, but at least got far enough to do my first real assassination mission. I think the game opens up a bit eventually, but the early missions can be frustratingly restricted, and your abilities a bit vague. In one mission I kept being attacked by guards for what seemed to be no real reason (turned out there was one, but the trigger was so subtle I didn't notice it), and since I was in the Lady persona there was little I could do to evade them. She is really slow and can't climb anything, so there's little hope of getting any use out of hiding spaces like that. Later in that same mission I kept wandering through a certain area for more than 10 minutes trying to find a specific object which turned out to be hidden away in a corner somewhere. For a while I thought I had run into a bug.

I did run into an actual, major bug in my very first mission though. As I was climbing over a bench, I suddenly teleported about 10 meters up in the air and was dropped unceremoniously back down to the ground, leaving me nearly dead and making nearby guards suspicious (understandably. It's not every day you see someone dropping out of the sky).

Also tried the multiplayer. It's an interesting twist on what I was expecting. You don't actually play the normal game, but instead participate in a global, semi-turn based strategy game. There are two sides you can pick between, either Assassins or Templars, and you're given a small pool of agents you can use to fight for territory. It seems very limited, though I suspect it'll open up a bit as you play. At the very beginning you have two weak agents (I had The Thief and The Gentleman) that only have a limited influence on events. You might see a contested city, like Milan yesterday, and notice that, say, the Assassins have 4000 control points while the Templars have 3000. You can send an agent in to attack that location, which costs him Energy, a limited resource that seems to regenerate in half an hour of real time. This might (at least this early in the game) give your faction an extra 7 or so control points for that city. At specific intervals the cities seem to change sides based on these points, though I don't know the specifics. You can place a marker on the map to draw attention to a location. The location with the most player markers is highlighted for everyone, allowing people to go through a sort of democratic voting process when deciding which city is important to focus on at the moment. Agents can level up, and so can you. I only hit level 2, which brought me two new agents. I haven't seen much more of this part of the game, so that's all I know. It seems like a fancy Facebook game in many ways.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 03:20:45 PM »

I've had one bug that stopped a mission(First one in bayou section). Had a transition from completing one section of a mission to the next where the screen goes black for a second. Got teleported inside a building that had no exit so was stuck.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 05:45:23 PM »

Grabbed the bundle, kinda disappointed they couldn't put the game in an actual case instead of the plastic holder that was included. Played around a bit, up to the first bayou mission; not too shabby.

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: