http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 11:51:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iPad] Frozen Synapse  (Read 979 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2013, 03:45:26 PM »

Update from Mode 7:
We’re proud to announce that everyone’s favourite (note: not scientifically verified to be everyone’s favourite) tactical game is ready for release on the iPad.

From Thursday 16th May (midnight in each territory apparently), it’ll be available here:

http://appstore.com/frozensynapse

If you’re thinking of buying the game, please note you’ll be doing a massive favour if you decide to do this close to launch, such is the nature of the App Store: thanks.

Any tweets, mentions, Facebookings, honks, blurts, toots, parps or flanges are extremely welcome as well: we would love to get people talking about the game.

Here are some things you can do with this wonderful product:

- Play the full single player campaign and every multiplayer mode from the original game

- Enjoy full cross-play on the same account: start a game on your desktop and finish it on your tablet, perhaps during a boring family occasion

- Luxuriate in the portability of tablet gameplay with a brand new interface crafted explicitly for your horrendous wiggling digits

- Hotseat your way to both friends and fortune (fortune sold separately) with local multiplayer!  Passing your device around in a public place has never been more likely to excite your forlorn cortex

- And a whole lot more!

Android

The Android version is being handled by another team and is on its way.  If the shapeforms finish deliberating (fanservice) over the code, it should be out by the end of this month.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:09:41 PM »

Usually the iOS app store updates at 11pm Eastern, so look for it then.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »

It's up now; I'll blurp it one more time (it's $6.99, compared to $25 for the PC version)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/frozen-synapse/id634991828?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=2

Seems like to be more touch friendly, the menu icons (when you pull them up) are spaced out along the perimeters of the screen (rather than bunched up, as I recall the PC version doing).

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »

I bought this and just really don't get the big deal so far.  The look of it and the reviews peaked my interest, but it is definitely not holding my attention.  Am I missing something?  I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 07:05:49 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 21, 2013, 06:18:48 PM

I bought this and just really don't get the big deal so far.  The look of it and the reviews peaked my interest, but it is definitely not holding my attention.  Am I missing something?  I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

I'm a little underwhelmed, too, but like you I haven't tried multiplayer yet. I'm pretty sure that's a big part of the appeal.

For me I'm also having a hard time wrapping my head around the rules of who wins in face to face quick draw encounters, so that's adding to my current displeasure.

I'll keep trying, though. Conceptually the game seems up my alley.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 03:27:16 PM »

Anyone still playing this?  I still don't get it.  I kind of regret buying it.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 04:07:40 PM »

I have no idea about the iPad version but the PC version was pretty fun if a bit frustrating at times. I wonder how well the PC controls translates to a touch screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: