http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 02:58:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iOS/Android] Ringbow, the dpad you wear on your finger  (Read 454 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2012, 05:00:50 AM »

now being Kickstarted, the ringbow is a device you wear like a ring that has a dpad on it to help play touchscreen games:

Ringbow is the first gaming accessory designed to enhance the experience of touch screen gaming. Since touch screens are controlled with fingers, a finger-worn tool, specifically a ring, is the natural choice for complementing them. Operating Ringbow in conjunction with using a touch device enables countless new features and a much more efficient user experience.

Operating the ring with your thumb while using your finger to touch a device provides powerful capabilities and layers of functionality that are simply not available in today’s technologies. Ringbow multiplies the functionality of your finger together with allowing amazing simultaneous actions.

Ringbow lets you free your fingers from your device, leaving your hands available to do whatever you feel like doing: eating a sandwich, drinking a beer, high-fiving your buddy or stroking a puppy. Whatever you'd choose to do with your hands!

it's currently being designed for Android and iOS devices.  there are plans to make it more than a gaming device too:

This very first Ringbow model is described as a gaming accessory but it can do much, much more. You can use Ringbow for remote browsing while reading; to correct misspelled emails; to act as a remote control for your TV; to answer phone calls while driving; to transform your tablet into a gaming console for your kids.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:57:05 AM »

I saw this linked from elsewhere - very cool looking device. Too bad they didn't put an 'action button' or something on the back side of the ring that you could push with another finger.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: