http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:14:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iOS] Tiny Wings 2  (Read 724 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2012, 03:24:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUiyK1olZ8

Great little teaser.  Coming July 12.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:13:27 AM by leo8877 » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »

Despite telling me absolutely nothing about the new game other than the release date, that teaser is crazy awesome. My daughter saw me watching it, loved it, and we watched it a few dozen more times.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »

So apparently Andreas Illiger is a saint, and he's decided to release Tiny Wings 2 as a free update to the original.

Speaking with TouchArcade, Andreas Illiger, the sole developer of Tiny Wings, said that he wanted to release a free update instead of a sequel "because then my fans will be happy on the release day when they see that the sequel isn't a seperate app and they will get it for free. I worked on the 2.0 version for the last 12 months and everyone told me I should make a seperate app out of it and sell it again (because it is almost a new game and I would earn a lot more money). It was a heavy decision for me to give away this new version for free but it feels right..."

"Heavy decision" is an interesting way to say "decided not to instantly make several million more dollars."  I want to buy this man a drink.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 11, 2012, 01:55:44 PM

So apparently Andreas Illiger is a saint, and he's decided to release Tiny Wings 2 as a free update to the original.

Speaking with TouchArcade, Andreas Illiger, the sole developer of Tiny Wings, said that he wanted to release a free update instead of a sequel "because then my fans will be happy on the release day when they see that the sequel isn't a seperate app and they will get it for free. I worked on the 2.0 version for the last 12 months and everyone told me I should make a seperate app out of it and sell it again (because it is almost a new game and I would earn a lot more money). It was a heavy decision for me to give away this new version for free but it feels right..."

"Heavy decision" is an interesting way to say "decided not to instantly make several million more dollars."  I want to buy this man a drink.

Make that two!
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »

Very smart marketing on his part... this goodwill gesture will probably push the game back up the charts, selling a lot of new copies, as well as the new iPad version.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:09:22 AM »

The update is out now.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 03:38:09 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 12, 2012, 01:09:22 AM

The update is out now.

And fun it is!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »

The new racing mode is a nice change of pace.  I wonder if he's planning to do microtransactions for the new islands he's going to add.

I haven't tried the head to head 2 player mode on the new iPad version, but that also sounds pretty nifty.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »

It is a fun deiversion, but there's no way this was ever going to be anything but an add-on.

I think it's interesting that people are going on and on about how great he is to make the sequel a free add-on, but I think it was just the news agencies getting the info wrong again.

Not that he's not a good guy.  I had an email conversation with him about getting the game on WP7.  He was one of the few who responded to me about it, and he couldn't have been nicer about saying no.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 12:34:50 PM »

I agree it doesn't seem like enough content to justify calling a sequel, but it's enough for many devs to charge for as an in app purchase, which he didn't. smile  Saint status maintained... unless he starts nickel and diming us for new islands. slywink
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 12:35:06 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 21, 2012, 12:34:50 PM

I agree it doesn't seem like enough content to justify calling a sequel, but it's enough for many devs to charge for as an in app purchase, which he didn't. smile  Saint status maintained... unless he starts nickel and diming us for new islands. slywink

Agreed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: