Squeenix has been busy on the iOS front lately. First was FF Brave Exvius (which I think is fantastic) and now Mobius Final Fantasy is coming out this morning. It's still a social RPG with all the attendant "stuff" (timers, multiple currencies, gatcha draws, etc.), but it looks like this one is more of a card-based combat system. There is an job system in place, which is encouraging, and the production values look to be absolutely through the roof. It unlocks in a couple hours...I'll be back with impressions later. In the meantime, here's the announcement trailer.EDIT
- Absolutely beautiful. Production values are off the chart here. Might be the prettiest game I've seen on iOS.
- Music is fantastic
- Voice actors all sound bored
- After running through what felt like 83 tutorials, I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Looking forward to figuring it all out though.
- Combat is pretty fun, especially if you actually play it instead of just doing "Auto". Feels very easy, but I'm sure that'll ramp up.
- Story is squarely in the "we'll see" camp. Seems awfully generic.
- Very similar to Square's other social RPG's (Record Keeper, KH Unchained, Brave Exvius). If you didn't like those, you won't like this. People expecting a full-fledged console style JRPG will be sorely disappointed.