http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 08:00:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iOS] Sci Fi Heroes  (Read 411 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2013, 05:44:36 PM »

Not sure what to call this relatively new genre of games which have you managing a party (usually of 4) characters and fighting mobs/bosses to level up, etc.  I've played a number of these now and most have had one or two elements that set them apart, and generally were fun/addictive in their own way.  This one continues with the trend and thus far has been quite fun.  Gameplay-wise it hasn't added anything special to the mix, but the cast of characters is much more interesting and fun compared to any of the other games in this genre that I've tried.  The sci-fi theme is refreshing as well.  If you like these kinds of games, it's worth giving a whirl. 
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:51:44 PM »

Just an FYI, the game hits a wall after the first two planets.  I love the game art style and little character stuff, but the balance needs work.  Typically these games require some amount of grinding if you don't want to spend money on IAP, and I'm fine with that.  If you like the gameplay you probably don't mind repeating the same fights over for more cash/loot.  The problem is if/how you balance that with being able to progress with absolutely no IAP.  I still would prefer a single buy price for a game that is balanced more appropriately and leaves all loot possibilities randomized. 
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 01:12:11 AM »

I keep playing this game, I tend to get addicted to these, and I did eventually break through the "wall."  I spent a little real money (primarily to play one of the extra characters) and on a few mid level items.  However I do believe the key (other than just leveling up) was saving up enough cash to get "group leech" items.  These allow you to heal the whole party back a small percentage of the damage you do.  I'm now closing in on level 20 for my party and near the end of the third planet.

The characters and sense of humor are definitely amusing, but it's the main combat that keeps me playing.  There's just some weird grinding fun to inching up your xp and cash.  I'm saving up for a rare item that should hopefully take me over the top.

The game really needs a balance overhaul.  Certain missions are just way too tough, but the majority are way too easy.  Every once in a while you'll happen on a "perfect" challenge.  I realize the hard part is to balance with the IAP items, which is why I'd much prefer they just make a balanced game and charge, say $2-3 with full access to everything except maybe new characters (a la League of Legends).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: