http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:48:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iOS] Majesty  (Read 540 times)
Cragmyre
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »

I loved the original Majesty, and I even enjoy Majesty 2, so when I got my iPad, I had to get this.  It feels more like the original though, and I'm glad about that.  I tend to play slowly, meaning I'll play one mission then quit for a bit, though sometimes I like to replay a mission and just watch what happens.

I just finished the 3rd mission and was able to get Clerics.  My goodness what  huge help they were.  I'm not even bothering with the Rangers because I find the Warriors and Clerics will just go explore on their own, assuming they don't need to protect the castle and surrounding buildings.  The 3rd mission had plenty of money, and the marketplace did help.  I had, by the end of the mission, 6 warriors, 6 paladins, 4 clerics, and 4 wizards - and for once my wizards stayed alive biggrin

I've been playing on the middle difficulty and though I've lost and had to rethink my strategies, I'm having fun with it.  I love to just watch what happens smile

I know this game is old news to most, but for those that are/did play it, how did you feel the game was?

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on March 20, 2012, 03:49:04 PM

I know this game is old news to most, but for those that are/did play it, how did you feel the game was?

Really gorram hard.  Even on the "Pacifist" difficulty, I still get my ass kicked pretty routinely.

The original Majesty was one of my favorite "old school" games, and this iOS version captures much of the same feel.  However, I have the same issue with this iOS version that I had with Majesty 2 on PC - every level is basically a puzzle.  You have to figure out the exact way the developers intended you to beat it, and it you deviate from that path, you're basically screwed.  I'm not a fan of this sort of tightly scripted mission and would really like a sandbox mode (in iOS Majesty and Majesty 2).

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 07:52:08 PM »

Is the iOS version different from either Majesty 1 or 2? Its not a remake?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on March 20, 2012, 07:52:08 PM

Is the iOS version different from either Majesty 1 or 2? Its not a remake?

It's a stand-alone game.  Graphically feels a lot like Majesty 1, but the structure is more mission-based like 2.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: