http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 05:43:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iOS] Magic: the Gathering - Duel of the Planeswalkers 2013  (Read 1305 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:48:42 PM »

How is MtG not on iOS already?!

Anyway it's coming.  No real details yet, though.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:00:24 PM »

Very excited when I read about it this morning.  I've bought these games on 360 and PC, but having them portable is really how I'd like to be able to play.  I'd definitely give it more time, for sure, if I could take it with me.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »

Coming out this month!

EDIT: More specifically, June 20!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:16:33 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 03:10:59 AM »

Hooray!!  Finally!!!

Sweet screenshots:

http://toucharcade.com/2012/06/10/e3-first-screenshots-of-magic-the-gathering-duels-of-the-planeswalkers-2013-for-ipad/
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 01:58:53 PM »

Started messing around with this over the weekend and after a rocky start (my first two battles saw me losing due to drawing a ton of high-cost creatures but no mana) I'm really starting to enjoy it.  This is my first time with MtG in any format, and I'm surprised at how much fun it is.  Will likely have some questions as I try to figure it all out...glad there's a few of you around here who actually know what the hell they're doing. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 25, 2012, 01:58:53 PM

Started messing around with this over the weekend and after a rocky start (my first two battles saw me losing due to drawing a ton of high-cost creatures but no mana) I'm really starting to enjoy it.  This is my first time with MtG in any format, and I'm surprised at how much fun it is.  Will likely have some questions as I try to figure it all out...glad there's a few of you around here who actually know what the hell they're doing.  

Don't be afraid to mulligan too.  First one is free, and even going down to 6 cards isn't necessarily bad, especially if you go second ( when you go first you don't draw a card ).

Try not to keep a 1 or 2 land hand ( though some decks can do fine with 2, mostly not though ).  Likewise, never keep an all land hand, I also wouldn't keep a 6 land hand because then you are mostly hoping for top decks ( drawing something useful ).  Again, there are exceptions to the rule, but you will find your games go better if you start off with 3 or 4 lands in hand smile

edit: if you have this on your iPad, feel free to add me to your gamecenter - I'm Cragmyre.  If you have this on steam, I'm Cragmyre there too.  Yes - I double dipped biggrin

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 02:31:50 PM »

Good lord, this is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.  I've lost my last 3 battles simply because I could not draw a goddamn land card for the life of me.  During the last one (playing the fire deck), I had four creatures ready to go, all of which were 5 mana or higher.  I laid out 4 land cards to start the game...then went 9 straight turns without drawing one.  All the while, my opponent just kept tossing out these little 1/1 dudes who could attack my creatures directly (Prodigal Pyromancer).  By the time he got 6 of them stacked up, he could simply whittle away at both me and my creatures and I couldn't do a damn thing about it because I couldn't summon any of my creatures.  Gah!!   icon_evil icon_evil

I was going to try and unlock all the cards through the campaign (as opposed to purchase), but I'm so damn frustrated at this point that I may just drop the couple extra bucks and see if I can fare any better.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 07:35:23 PM »

I had a fun game against a friend where I started with 6 land giving cards and one creature.  I was going to mulligan, but for some reason the game moved forward before I could.  I then only ever drew 3 non-land cards for the rest of the game.  The good news was that one of them was a creature who gets +1/+1 for how many lands you control.  The bad news was he didn't have trample and I wasn't getting any additional creatures.  If I had gotten at least one more creature, the game would have been over much quicker, but I still  managed to win.  Insane, though, how you can draw that much land when you don't really need to.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: