http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 12:58:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ios] Commander the Great War  (Read 245 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2014, 10:41:42 PM »

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/commander-the-great-war/id880963492?mt=8

Have any of you tried this yet? It is getting outstanding reviews, and has peaked my interest. I have never actually played a war strategy game like this, however I've always wanted to. This may be the first one that I try. Thoughts?

Really good article about it.
www.pockettactics.com/features/field-marshal-owens-guide-commander-great-war-noobs/

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:47:02 PM by Eco-Logic » Logged

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 12:37:20 AM »

So, it really doesn't matter to me, but I'm kind of surprised no one here is playing this.  I'm not either, but for a war game on the ipad it has stellar reviews and a handful of you chaps normally dig war games. 

Just curious to me is all smile

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 05:52:37 AM »

Offhand, I'd guess that's because it's really hard to win World War I.  Mostly you try not to lose.  Then you can outlast your opponents.  I'm only speaking in general, I have tried this particular WWI game.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »

I'm just not a big fan of that unit scale.  icon_neutral

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »

It's fairly expensive for a iOS game. I played the WW2 version on the PC version years ago and it was a very good beers and pretzels type of war game. If you're interested in the era then this would be a great game. I'm just waiting for a few more updates and for me to do a bit more reading about WW1 before I buy it.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 01:49:02 PM »

Cool, thanks for the insight.  I'll pass for now as well.  I'd like a game like Europa for iPad, I only scratched the surface of it on PC.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: