http://gamingtrend.com
December 23, 2014, 12:13:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iOS] Collectible Card Games?  (Read 763 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:02:16 PM »

I'm playing Hearthstone on the pc and loving the heck out of it.  It's my first CCG ever and I never thought I would like it as much as I do.  I will be grabbing the iPad version the moment it's available, but until then I'm wondering what CCG's on the iPad I should look at to tide me over.  I'm aware of the ones that are out there, many of which have good reviews.  I'm curious which would be the best for someone just starting that is decently comfortable with Hearthstone.  Thoughts?  Should I just play Magic?

Wake up.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 08:18:27 PM »

Try Ascension.  I have surely put in at least 100 hours into it, if not more.  It's not really a CCG, it's a "deck-building game", but it gets at some of the same gameplay elements.  Instead of building up a permanent, persistent deck, you start each match with a standard set of basic cards and you build your deck as the match progresses.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 09:28:05 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 17, 2014, 08:18:27 PM

Try Ascension.  I have surely put in at least 100 hours into it, if not more.  It's not really a CCG, it's a "deck-building game", but it gets at some of the same gameplay elements.  Instead of building up a permanent, persistent deck, you start each match with a standard set of basic cards and you build your deck as the match progresses.
It looks really good, is there a big "pay wall"?  I don't find that HS has much of a paywall, yet anyway, and love the fact that you can get new decks simply by winning.  Do you still play Ascension? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake up.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:33 PM »

Ascension follows a good ol' fashioned expansion pack scheme.  No pay walls during actual gameplay; once you've bought a deck you can use it all you want.  Unlike Hearthstone, you can't get more cards through winning matches, but again, this isn't a CCG like Hearthstone or Magic:TG.  This falls into the "deckbuilding" subgenre that was inspired by games like Magic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: