http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 08:32:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [3DS] Project X Zone  (Read 817 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2012, 11:06:07 PM »

can't believe no one mentioned this (or if it was the game's name wasn't used because it isn't showing up in search):  a new RPG featuring characters from Capcom and Namco Bandai and SEGA.

Capcom is bringing Ken and Ryu from Street Fighter, Zero and X from Mega-Man, Jill and Chris from Resident Evil, and Dante from Devil May Cry along with Demitri Maximoff from Darkstalkers.

Sega has Sakura and Ichiro Ogami from Sakura Wars, Akira Yuki and Pai Chan from Virtual Fighter, Kurt Irving and Reila Marceris from Valkyria Chronicles, Toma and Cyril from Shining Force, and Ulala from Space Channel 5.

Namco has Sanger Somvold from Super Robot Wars, Jun Kazama and Ling Xiaoyu from Tekken, KOS-MOS and T-elos from Xenosaga, Yuri Lowell and Estelle from Tales of Vesperia, and Kite and Black Rose from .hack.

hopefully this makes it over here.

[edit] even more on the game.  it looks more to be a fighter than an RPG.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:14:46 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 12:02:09 AM »

I think there's a small chance it will be localized (mostly due to the fact that Nintendo is bringing Pokemon Conquest over), but I'm not holding my breath.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »

more than 200 characters!

The game's official blog revealed today that the game has over 200 characters. This figure includes allies and enemies. It does not include characters who appear exclusively in event scenes.

The "enemy" characters aren't just generic designs. You'll find enemies from the various franchises used for both bosses and standard foes.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »

In one of the more surprising localization announcements, the game is coming to the US, Europe, and Australia this summer smile

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 05:37:06 AM »

6-25 to be exact.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 05:51:28 AM »

Wow - Soul Hackers in April, Animal Crossing and Project X Zone in June, Rune Factory 4 and SMT IV in July, and Mario & Luigi : Dream Team, Mario Golf, Pokemon X&Y, and Bravely Default all later in the year  icon_eek

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 07:23:42 AM »

Namco Bandai has announced that the game will include a mini art book, poster, and soundtrack CD smile

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 01:36:03 AM »

There's a demo out now on the US eShop.  While the demo tells you how to control the game, I still didn't really know what I was doing and just ended up mashing buttons.  All you can really tell from the demo is how great the game looks, with huge, nicely animated sprites and screen-filling attacks.  It's great fun to see Ken and Ryu punch an enemy into the air and then have Ulala dance in to shoot it.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 06, 2013, 01:36:03 AM

There's a demo out now on the US eShop.  While the demo tells you how to control the game, I still didn't really know what I was doing and just ended up mashing buttons.  All you can really tell from the demo is how great the game looks, with huge, nicely animated sprites and screen-filling attacks.  It's great fun to see Ken and Ryu punch an enemy into the air and then have Ulala dance in to shoot it.

I loved the demo.  Played through it twice and by the second time had kind of figured out how everything works on a basic level.  There is still more to figure out, like which move is good in what situation.  I was just kind of following the move order they had on the bottom, but I didn't really know in the move list what things like D or S meant and I bet there is a method to how to chain those.  I will definitely buy it when it comes out.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 08:13:56 PM »

Anyone have any impressions?  I'm leaning toward picking this one up.  I enjoyed the demo.  It doesn't seem to be a very large release based on availability.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 08:23:57 PM »

I picked it up from the eShop. I played the first couple of Prologue chapters and so far it's jut like the demo, though there is an actual story, as crazy as it is. They do explain the tactics a little more...like what a Cross Hit is for and how the other pairs being near you comes into play.

I was sold from playing the demo and so far what you saw there is what is here.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: