http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 09:49:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [3DS] Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Oracle of Ages/Seasons coming to eShop  (Read 1486 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »

per Nintendo during their Direct conference this morning:

New Zelda hitting 3DS Holiday 2013.  It's set in the world of Link to the Past.

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons hitting the eShop May 30th.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:10:44 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 06:34:10 PM »

I need to fire up A Link to the Past again,but i am not a handheld gamer anymore....BUT i still have my Gamecube and Gameboy Advance player for it,so ALTTP on big screen,yay!!

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »

And Mario Golf, and Mario Party, and Mario and Luigi RPG, and New Super Luigi U, and Yoshi's Island (next year I think), and Bravely Default, and Donkey Kong Country...

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »

Iíll probably pick up the majority of those but Nintendo continues to puzzle me.  They should be putting their best efforts behind the WiiU this year, not the 3DS.  The closer we get to the PS4/720 the harder they are going to have to fight for attention.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 08:26:31 PM »

In addition to the games already mentioned, they also confirmed localizations for Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy and Level 5's Guild 02 games.  They also announced release dates for Mario & Luigi : Dream Team - July 12 for Europe and August 11 for North America.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on April 17, 2013, 08:20:10 PM

Iíll probably pick up the majority of those but Nintendo continues to puzzle me.  They should be putting their best efforts behind the WiiU this year, not the 3DS.  The closer we get to the PS4/720 the harder they are going to have to fight for attention.

Nintendo implied that they're saving the Wii U announcements for E3.  I can see why they'd want to make the 3DS announcements now, as I'm assuming handhelds will be all but ignored at E3, but it's going to be really hard to steal buzz away from Sony and MS's new systems.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:09:07 PM »

My problem with that is that had they had fixed the loading problems with the WiiU back in January, released the Virtual Console in February, and then had a steady catalogue of first party releases every month leading up to the new consoles, they could have dominated that time.  Sure, they probably would still lose the winter months to Sony and Microsoft but they would have had a strong install base to build off from in the New Year.

Instead they are going to have to fight tooth and nail for every sale for the rest of the year and itís only going to get worst next year when games actually start coming out on those systems.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 05:44:42 AM »

There are lots of screenshots from the games here.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 06:40:09 PM »

so, separate releases for the Oracle games at $4.99 each from May 30th until June 20th, they'll they be $5.99 each.

Because I can,
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 02:09:50 AM »

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds... omg. I got a brief hands-on with it, 60 fps is no joke. The game plays smooth as butter, the 3D is super slick, and the puzzles feel fresh. I'll have a full impression up later, but this is the real deal.

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 02:39:37 PM »

just saw this on Kotaku:

No linear dungeon progression in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worldsóinstead of getting items as you go through the world, you'll be able to buy items in one big shop and traverse between dungeons in an order of your choice, according to Nintendo.

Because I can,
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 10:21:56 PM »

New trailer is up. Did not see ANYTHING interesting during it.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 11:01:15 PM »

Looks pretty damn good to me.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on October 11, 2013, 11:01:15 PM

Looks pretty damn good to me.

Agreed, I thought it looked awesome. Too bad it's only on a system I don't plan to ever own. I'll repeat it again. I would buy a Wii U today if it had a GBA player like functionality for 3DS games.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »

What is your problem with the 3DS?  I've been very happy with mine.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 11:30:32 AM »

Quote from: Lordnine on October 14, 2013, 06:18:23 PM

What is your problem with the 3DS?  I've been very happy with mine.

I have no problem with it as much as I have tried to avoid it due to my tiring of the portable gaming device form factor. I prefer gaming in front of a PC or on a big TV rather than my hands cramping and my eyes straining on a small hand held console. I'd probably prefer it if the 3ds had a form factor more similar to the Vita (one big screen instead of 2 smaller screens).

Having said that, games wins out I guess. I finally took my first leap to the "next gen" and got a 3DSXL yesterday. I was very concerned about how bad the screen looked for a while until I finally figured out that the 3d slider clicks off to turn actually turn off the 3D. (I have double vision so 3D doesn't work for me. With 3D on, even on the lowest setting the whole screen looked wobbly to me in a very bad way.). Of course it took a couple hours for me to figure this out.

Fry's had one for $20 off and I couldn't resist. smile

So once I finish with Ocarina (which looks very nice on the tiny eye straining screen and heaven knows I needed to spend money on yet ANOTHER copy of that game) what should I get next?

-John

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 08:11:38 PM »

currently Europe only, kinda hoping it makes its way here.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »

Quote from: JCC on October 15, 2013, 11:30:32 AM

So once I finish with Ocarina (which looks very nice on the tiny eye straining screen and heaven knows I needed to spend money on yet ANOTHER copy of that game) what should I get next?

The 3DS and DS have tons of great games, so what kind of games do you like?

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »

I own a DS but haven't done much with it the past few years. I think the last game I bought for it was Zelda spirit tracks which I really didn't care for. I'm excited for the Zelda in this thread which looks fantastic. I am curious about the new lungi mansion game which looks cute. I am curious about super Mario land 3d if isn't too difficult. Any other must haves for the 3ds?

-John

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 11:27:44 AM »

if you like strategy games the Ghost Recon 3DS game was a decent one and probably can be found for fairly cheap now.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 12:17:23 PM »

Luigi's Mansion is fantastic.  I would call that a must own. I really love Super Mario 3D World, too.  I played that as much as Super Mario Galaxy.

Looking over the GameRankings Best list, people have loved Fire Emlem and Animal Crossing, too.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:22:49 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 01:42:23 PM »

Quote from: JCC on October 16, 2013, 11:24:36 AM

I own a DS but haven't done much with it the past few years. I think the last game I bought for it was Zelda spirit tracks which I really didn't care for. I'm excited for the Zelda in this thread which looks fantastic. I am curious about the new lungi mansion game which looks cute. I am curious about super Mario land 3d if isn't too difficult. Any other must haves for the 3ds?

Fire Emblem is an amazing game.  I finally finished it about a week ago and I would say itís in the running for my favorite game this year.  Luigis Mansion and Super Mario 3D Land are both very good as well.  A warning about 3D land though, there are a couple very short sections where the 3D is actually required. 

Ghost Recon is good but pales a bit as a strategy game after playing Fire Emblem.

You should also check out the eShop.  Pushmo and Crashmo are great puzzle games.  Steamworld Dig is also worth a look; itís a bit like if you mixed the resource collecting of Minecraft with a Metroidvania style game.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 04:06:07 PM »

supposedly from the Gamestop Black Friday ad:

Because I can,
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »

If I didn't already have a 3DS XL I would be lining up for that!

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on October 18, 2013, 05:14:43 PM

If I didn't already have a 3DS XL I would be lining up for that!

I have one and I will still get it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 03:44:03 AM »

I'm thinking of putting off my 3DS XL purchase until Black Friday just to get that.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »

Game Informer gave the game 10/10 in their review.  I find GI's reviews to be very hit-and-miss, but this is certainly a good sign.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 12:18:25 AM »

I'm excited for this, but I am wary of the item rental mechanic. Getting items/upgrades in dungeons is a big part of the fun for me in this series.

-John

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 04:31:57 AM »

Quote from: JCC on November 13, 2013, 12:18:25 AM

I'm excited for this, but I am wary of the item rental mechanic. Getting items/upgrades in dungeons is a big part of the fun for me in this series.

Think of it more that you can tackle the dungeons in the order you want.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 12:24:54 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on November 12, 2013, 11:16:12 PM

Game Informer gave the game 10/10 in their review.  I find GI's reviews to be very hit-and-miss, but this is certainly a good sign.

Dan Ryckert revels in the persona of a fratboy doofus, but he's actually an extremely shrewd reviewer.  He's also always maintained that A Link to the Past is his favorite game of all time -- it was the subject of Game Informer's first Super Replay, and he says he's replayed the entire time at least once a year since its release.

If he gave a direct sequel to that game a perfect score, I'm willing to bet it's *awesome.*

-Autistic Angel
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 06:29:33 PM »

http://gamingtrend.com/reviews/the-classic-is-back-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/

This game sounds absolutely fantastic.

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 04:11:29 AM »

So I am still a bit leery on the item rental mechanic, but the reviews are overwhelmingly positive for this. It seems like Nintendo has finally removed the hand holding and filler that has plagued recent Zelda games. Also, I saw somewhere that there aren't any fetch quests. I am excited to pick this up tomorrow!

-John

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 04:32:25 PM »

Downloaded last night and started playing it and it hits so many nostalgia buttons from Link to the Past.  Looks wonderful in 3D.  Headed to the first dungeon, I think.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 11:54:59 PM »

I have played to the start of the 2nd dungeon. I think it looks beautiful. Videos don't do justice to how good this looks on the 3ds screen. I think using 3d would be an asset at times in this game. (I can't see 3D.) I also think the music quality is probably the best of any Zelda. It's the same old tunes but they sound awesome even through these puny speakers. I need to try playing with headphones as I know that will sound incredible. Gameplay so far is a perfect update on link to the past. Very impressed so far.

-John

siege

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 02:49:37 AM »

Trying to divide my limited gaming time between SMW3D and ALBW tonight. I'd be hard pressed to say which one I've enjoyed more thus far. Both phenomenal offerings from the big N.

Zelda is laced with sweet nostalgia and I can tell it will rank as one of my favorites when all is said and done. The visuals look so much better on the 3ds screen than what the trailers have shown. To be honest, I thought it looked quite bad but not so. Running at 60 fps in 3D is also quite impressive. More than anything else so far, I've been most smitten by the soundtrack. Using a set of Sennheiser buds, as the speakers on the XL suck, has been aurally orgasmic.

Great stuff, this.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »

I think I have 3 dungeons left. Just an awesome game. Trying to explore all the nooks and crannies of the 2 over worlds now. Definitely a worthy sequel to my favorite Zelda game.

I am OK with the item rental/buying mechanic. It is nice to be able to (mostly) tackle dungeons in the order you want. I think I may have still preferred the old school method of getting the item in each dungeon and progressing down a more linear path, but it hasn't been a deal breaker at all.

AWESOME GAME. I will be sad when it's over.

-John

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »

Quote from: JCC on December 03, 2013, 09:58:10 PM

I think I have 3 dungeons left. Just an awesome game. Trying to explore all the nooks and crannies of the 2 over worlds now. Definitely a worthy sequel to my favorite Zelda game.

I am OK with the item rental/buying mechanic. It is nice to be able to (mostly) tackle dungeons in the order you want. I think I may have still preferred the old school method of getting the item in each dungeon and progressing down a more linear path, but it hasn't been a deal breaker at all.

AWESOME GAME. I will be sad when it's over.

Yeah, I am really loving it.  I have no issues with the rental mechanic as it allowed me to go in whatever order I wanted.  I also liked that the game didn't hold my hand.  It really felt a lot like Link to the Past in that regard in that I could kind of explore and find chests and such off the beaten path.  3D makes the game look great.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2013, 04:24:16 AM »

Finished this tonight. Loved it from start to finish. So nice to play a Zelda with basically ZERO padding. Just about every second of the game was spent doing fun things as opposed to mindless fetch quests. The difference between this and Skyward Sword which I had been trudging through prior to this is quite stark. After playing through this, I have zero desire to go back to where I left off in Skyward Sword and suffer through annoying fetch quests, constant backtracking, and horrid, frustrating controls. I hope future Metroid and Zelda efforts from Nintendo are of similar quality to this title, and far from the DS Zeldas, Skyward Sword, and Metroid Other M.

-John

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: