http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 10:17:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [3DS] Animal Crossing New Leaf  (Read 6769 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2013, 01:52:32 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 05, 2013, 12:38:24 AM

How the hell did I do that ^^^?!? Lol.

LOL.    I've done that before.   

As for FC, here's how it works:
From the 3DS main menu, I add you and you have to add me.   This alone isn't enough to be able to see each other online though.    We have to open our gates and one of us has to happen to see the other's gate open.    When that happens, you come to my town (or vice versa).    Once we are in a town together we can 'best friend' each other and then we can see each other online and even message each other when we are both online.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2013, 12:46:19 AM »

Well, I achieved 150,000 HHA score today and got my Gold model house.

I also jumped from one McDonalds and Ruby Tuesdays to another today hoping for a Relay Streetpass but I didn't get any.    Either it's not working the way I think it should, or nobody with AC ever goes to those McDonalds.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2013, 07:00:47 AM »

Finally a good reason to visit both of those places! Tongue
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2013, 01:51:55 PM »

Apparently the relay-spotpass was only activated yesterday.   So it turns out that I probably was the first guy with AC to roll past those places.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2013, 06:33:44 PM »

Achieved 5,000,000 bells deposited today.   Got my brief case full of money.     They were legit Bells too -- not done through duping.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2013, 09:15:42 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 09, 2013, 06:33:44 PM

Achieved 5,000,000 bells deposited today.   Got my brief case full of money.     They were legit Bells too -- not done through duping.

Nice!  Not sure how close I would even be to that.  I used to only farm the island once per day and I pretty much stopped when I got my house fully upgraded.  I just hit 50K on the HHA today and so probably my next project will be to get that raised to 150K by buying sets of items.  Once I get that, then I will move to the advanced HHA mode and work on getting that score over a million.  I imagine I will need some money to buy the furnitures I need out of the catalog (every day, I buy stuff from the Nooks just to get it populated in the catalog), so I will probably start farming again.

The good news is pretty much every time I paid off a loan, I deposited the money first, withdrew it, and then repaid the loan, so I assume that counts against the 5M bell total.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2013, 12:18:52 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on August 09, 2013, 09:15:42 PM

Quote from: msduncan on August 09, 2013, 06:33:44 PM

Nice!  Not sure how close I would even be to that.  I used to only farm the island once per day and I pretty much stopped when I got my house fully upgraded.  I just hit 50K on the HHA today and so probably my next project will be to get that raised to 150K by buying sets of items.  Once I get that, then I will move to the advanced HHA mode and work on getting that score over a million.  I imagine I will need some money to buy the furnitures I need out of the catalog (every day, I buy stuff from the Nooks just to get it populated in the catalog), so I will probably start farming again.

The good news is pretty much every time I paid off a loan, I deposited the money first, withdrew it, and then repaid the loan, so I assume that counts against the 5M bell total.

Not 100% sure, but I think you have to have the 5 mil in there all at once.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2013, 12:51:33 AM »

So being inspired by some YouTube vids, I'm going to start visiting some random Dream towns and giving reviews of the good ones right here in this thread.   You guys can thank me later.  slywink
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2013, 02:16:35 AM »

Ran through a couple plain vanilla towns until I stumbled across FlogGnaw.   Dream Code:  4200-2179-4438

Town:

Paths are beautiful, if a little too pink for my tastes.   They are placed perfectly though, and I got inspired by a few things this person has done with them.      First of all, every path is at least 2 wide so there is plenty of space to move without crushing flowers.    All the paths throughout this town are lined with LOTS of flowers.   The ramp going down to the beach transitions beautifully into the pier thanks to very nicely placed flowers and palm trees.   Very well done!

This town is going to be too sugary sweet for some, but it is still planned very efficiently.    8/10

Main home:

Main room is very random and a bit cluttered.   Back room is packed to the gills and you can't even get into it.   It's more of a storage closet.   Nice fruit themed room to the right.   There is another rather random room upstairs with some games and toys strewn about.   The basement is being used as clothes storage.

Lots of random chaos in this one.   House rates 4/10

Summary

The town is worth a visit just to give you some inspiration in town design.   The home can be skipped without much of a loss.

Side note:  The town's owner is clearly an Atlanta Braves fan based on her attire.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:46 PM »

For some reason when I synced in the Dream Suite today, it told me my Dream Address changed.  Not sure what is up with that.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »

My townspeople have to HATE me. Haven't played in a few days. I think it's back on tomorrow! Still a great game, just been busy.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2013, 02:02:36 PM »

I have an extra lovely phone if anyone needs.  It's something you can only get during the fireworks events and it allows you to get your fortune for the day for free.  Let me know if anyone needs and we can try to figure out a time I can get it to you.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2013, 07:16:01 PM »

I'm slowly building my town tribute to Alabama football.    I know that excites many of you.   Tongue

I have a trophy room full of trophies and Alabama pictures on the wall.   I'm going to change some furniture to be colored correctly to reflect the Alabama theme.   I have a huge area with red and white flowers that spell out ROLL TIDE.    I am aware though that at any given moment a jerk townsperson might move in right on top of this field.   frown    I hate this mechanic of the game.   I should be able to prohibit building in certain areas as Mayor.

Anyway..   my town tune is now the first line or so of 'Yea Alabama', the Alabama fight song.

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »

A resident named Katt moved from your town to mine, msd. She will be saying "Hoddy Toddy" instead of "RTR," as soon as it becomes possible to do so slywink.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2013, 02:30:05 AM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on August 26, 2013, 08:36:44 PM

A resident named Katt moved from your town to mine, msd. She will be saying "Hoddy Toddy" instead of "RTR," as soon as it becomes possible to do so slywink.

Bwahahahahaha!   I sent her over saying RTR?   That's fantastic!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 27, 2013, 08:03:38 AM »

Back in the saddle again. Wife and I played for hrs it seemed. So much to do!
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2013, 12:27:11 AM »

Walking through my town today and what do I spy?   A Jacob's Ladder!

So I run to the town hall and talk to Isabelle and find out that I have a perfect town rating.   My town hall gets upgraded tomorrow morning.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 04, 2013, 05:37:13 AM »

After visiting msduncan's town via a dream, I am ashamed of my little hovel.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 04, 2013, 04:32:39 PM »

For anyone playing who hasn't tried this already, sit on the ledge surrounding your town tree. I just discovered that by accident.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2013, 11:28:35 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 28, 2013, 12:27:11 AM

Walking through my town today and what do I spy?   A Jacob's Ladder!

So I run to the town hall and talk to Isabelle and find out that I have a perfect town rating.   My town hall gets upgraded tomorrow morning.

Just got this done myself.  Guess I might have to beetle farm tonight to get the money to get it done.  I am going with the modern looking hall.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2013, 02:25:08 AM »

The single thing I've found that I don't like about this game is that animals can move into your town and in doing so destroy whatever the hell they want to destroy by plopping their house down.

There should be a way to restrict or zone areas for housing instead of being at the mercy of the randomly picked area.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2013, 10:39:27 PM »

There is still one fossil that I have never seen in this game and I got the second to last fossil like a month or two ago.  Unbelievable that I wouldn't have just happened to get it by now.  frown

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 23, 2013, 10:39:27 PM

There is still one fossil that I have never seen in this game and I got the second to last fossil like a month or two ago.  Unbelievable that I wouldn't have just happened to get it by now.  frown

I completed the fossil section of the museum about a month ago.

What is the last piece of fossil that you need? I dig fossils every morning and sell them. If I find the piece that you need, I  can keep it and then arrange a town visit with you.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »

There is still one fossil that I have never seen in this game and I got the second to last fossil like a month or two ago.  Unbelievable that I wouldn't have just happened to get it by now.  frown

I'm in the same predicament.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2013, 02:14:04 AM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on September 23, 2013, 10:46:25 PM

There is still one fossil that I have never seen in this game and I got the second to last fossil like a month or two ago.  Unbelievable that I wouldn't have just happened to get it by now.  frown

What is the last piece of fossil that you need? I dig fossils every morning and sell them. If I find the piece that you need, I  can keep it and then arrange a town visit with you.

Peking Man.  I have not missed a day playing this game since it came out and dig fossils every day.  You'd think I'd have gotten it by now.

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2013, 02:26:41 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 24, 2013, 02:14:04 AM

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on September 23, 2013, 10:46:25 PM

Peking Man.  I have not missed a day playing this game since it came out and dig fossils every day.  You'd think I'd have gotten it by now.

That one is a rare one for me, too. I don't remember getting that more than once.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 24, 2013, 07:25:26 AM »

Between work, killzone vita, and now gta5 my villagers gotta be pissed! Gotta get back into the grove of this awesome game. Just been busy.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 24, 2013, 11:54:43 PM »

I am working on a Disney Haunted Mansion room in the back of my house.   Feel free to dream of my town and take a look.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »

I finally completed the fossil section in my museum! Since I'll probably never complete the other sections, I'm quite pleased, though I feel like that should net me a golden shovel, instead of requiring me to buy 50 bags of fertilizer.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: