http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 07:45:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [3DS] Animal Crossing New Leaf  (Read 5742 times)
Suitably Ironic Moniker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2013, 03:00:20 AM »

Agreed, msd. Of course, AnalLVR69 is CeeKay.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2013, 03:39:04 AM »

I renamed my Mii to be this username, but I don't think I can change my Animal Crossing character name so he's stuck with Shane.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2013, 03:22:42 PM »

This game is amazingly addictive.   I mean borderline system seller.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »

http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/Update%201/

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »

That is amazing!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2013, 11:54:34 PM »

Maybe a dumb question, but is there a way to get the presents that float over my town?  The only way I've found up to now is hoping it comes in off the water and I can stand up on the cliff and let it hit my shovel.  If I miss that opportunity or it goes from the other direction it seems like there is no way to actually knock them down?

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2013, 12:25:00 AM »

You have to buy a slingshot to get the gifts, but you won't be able to get that from Nook until the store upgrades, which happens after so much money spent in or paid from the store.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2013, 12:50:17 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 23, 2013, 11:54:34 PM

Maybe a dumb question, but is there a way to get the presents that float over my town?  The only way I've found up to now is hoping it comes in off the water and I can stand up on the cliff and let it hit my shovel.  If I miss that opportunity or it goes from the other direction it seems like there is no way to actually knock them down?

What SIM said.    Also in the meantime you might want to try hitting them with your net.    Longer reach off the cliff and works just as well.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »

I didn't even realize we could hit them with a tool. In AC: Wild World, the slingshot was the only way.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2013, 01:22:32 AM »

Also -- a balloon spawns at every minute of the hour ending in 4.    1:04, 1:14, 1:24, etc...

At least that's what I read.   I seem to not always find them.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2013, 02:45:13 AM »

Wow, they've really upped the balloons. They use to only spawn once an hour.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2013, 03:48:52 AM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on June 24, 2013, 02:45:13 AM

Wow, they've really upped the balloons. They use to only spawn once an hour.

If what I read was right.   It could be that it spawns SOMETIME in the hour on the minute ending in 4.     ?     Can anyone verify it?
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2013, 03:51:26 AM »

I do think you're correct. I see the balloons fairly often, definitely more than once an hour.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »

This game literally made my 3ds only used on a rate occasion to literally hrs everyday. I'd say that while I already had the system, that defines this as a system seller.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2013, 02:52:45 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on June 24, 2013, 03:51:26 AM

I do think you're correct. I see the balloons fairly often, definitely more than once an hour.

I think the only thing the balloons drop is balloon furniture, though.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »

The balloons will also eventually drop the silver and gold slingshots.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2013, 10:08:28 PM »

Got the second floor expansion done for the Museum on Main St.  Finally a place to put all my Nintendo stuff and gyroids without cluttering up my house with it.  Love that as a feature for this game.  I love that you can custom name the exhibit rooms and even give their signs their own design.  This game continues to surprise and amaze.  Still waiting for Club LOL to actually get built....I got the signatures a few days ago.  I needs me some KK!

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2013, 11:24:00 PM »

At lunch today I checked in on my town.  I noticed I had some random showcase home that I got via streetpass.     Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had to have come close to someone's 3DS with Animal Crossing running to get this?     I must have either passed them on the interstate or someone on my floor at work has a secret 3DS with them too.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2013, 01:44:50 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 24, 2013, 11:24:00 PM

At lunch today I checked in on my town.  I noticed I had some random showcase home that I got via streetpass.     Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had to have come close to someone's 3DS with Animal Crossing running to get this?     I must have either passed them on the interstate or someone on my floor at work has a secret 3DS with them too.

Yep, comes from Streetpass, but they don't have to have it running and neither do you.  All that has to happen is you both have your lids closed on your 3DS (no matter what software is running) and you came somewhat close to each other.  You should have seen a green light on your 3DS.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2013, 03:16:13 AM »

BTW guys.... IGN has a list of bugs, fish, and sea creatures that you can only catch in June.   Catch them now before they disappear for a YEAR.   

http://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/June

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2013, 05:15:40 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 25, 2013, 03:16:13 AM

BTW guys.... IGN has a list of bugs, fish, and sea creatures that you can only catch in June.   Catch them now before they disappear for a YEAR.   

http://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/June

Great. More reasons in life to be stressed;). While this game is sooooo relaxed, sometimes it does make me stir crazy about these things. All for a good reason though!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »

My biggest issue with this game is that the main time I play my 3DS is before bed.  Everything is closed.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2013, 01:42:30 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 25, 2013, 01:34:03 PM

My biggest issue with this game is that the main time I play my 3DS is before bed.  Everything is closed.

You can go to the Town Hall and set an ordinance to have everything be open later.  I believe it is called Night Owl.

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »

If it is anything like the previous Animal Crossing DS game, you can change the Animal Crossing clock so that it is not the same as your local time. For people that play early in the morning, they can offset the in-game clock to be several hours ahead so that the store will be open earlier in the morning. The same for someone who play late at night, they can set the clock to be several hours behind.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2013, 02:55:39 PM »

When I first setup my game I just chose to set the in game time to be 3 hours behind the real time.  I think you can tell your assistant she has the time wrong anytime you start the game as well.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »

You can also quit your job and play videogames all day. So, there's that.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on June 25, 2013, 03:29:44 PM

You can also quit your job and play videogames all day. So, there's that.

Don't give me any ideas...
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on June 25, 2013, 02:55:39 PM

When I first setup my game I just chose to set the in game time to be 3 hours behind the real time.  I think you can tell your assistant she has the time wrong anytime you start the game as well.

I thought about doing this, but I was afraid it would consider that "cheating" and start calling me a time traveler or whatever.  I already had to correct the time once when I fixed my system region and wasn't sure if there was a limit to doing that.

On a different note, I built an expansion to my house with a 98,000 bell loan, but I can't seem to find out anything about that loan.  There is no option to pay it back in the ATM, even though I have more than enough to do so.   icon_confused

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 25, 2013, 07:01:18 PM

On a different note, I built an expansion to my house with a 98,000 bell loan, but I can't seem to find out anything about that loan.  There is no option to pay it back in the ATM, even though I have more than enough to do so.   icon_confused

After your initial conversation with Nook about building the expansion, you have to go back and talk to him again.  The second time, he will mention paying the loan off at the post office and then you'll get the option to repay your loan.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2013, 01:29:44 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 25, 2013, 07:01:18 PM

Quote from: Lordnine on June 25, 2013, 02:55:39 PM

I thought about doing this, but I was afraid it would consider that "cheating" and start calling me a time traveler or whatever.  I already had to correct the time once when I fixed my system region and wasn't sure if there was a limit to doing that.

Change the time to advance for a few hours or back a few hours should not be a problem if you don't travel back before your last save time.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2013, 01:36:36 AM »

I've used the game's clock changing function to change time zones back and forth when I travel around.  Not sure if that labels me a time traveler.  I don't think I've done it quick enough when traveling west that it would have put me in front of my save. 

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »

Expansion to my museum opens today.    Now to get some of this crap out of my house.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 26, 2013, 11:53:18 AM

Expansion to my museum opens today.    Now to get some of this crap out of my house.

Yeah, that was my big joy in getting it as well.  I am currently trying to decide which house remodel I want to go with.  I thought I wanted the one that was feudal Japanese looking, but then I saw the modern house one.  Have to have the money up front to do it and the modern house was something around 450K, but considering I usually make 300K or so with one trip to the island, money isn't much of a hindrance...it's having time to play.  Once I do that, I guess I will build the basement and then work on maxing the size of each room.

Oh, and still waiting for Club LOL to show up many days after getting the signatures.  Not sure what is taking so long.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2013, 03:21:28 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on June 26, 2013, 03:07:32 PM

Quote from: msduncan on June 26, 2013, 11:53:18 AM

Expansion to my museum opens today.    Now to get some of this crap out of my house.

Yeah, that was my big joy in getting it as well.  I am currently trying to decide which house remodel I want to go with.  I thought I wanted the one that was feudal Japanese looking, but then I saw the modern house one.  Have to have the money up front to do it and the modern house was something around 450K, but considering I usually make 300K or so with one trip to the island, money isn't much of a hindrance...it's having time to play.  Once I do that, I guess I will build the basement and then work on maxing the size of each room.

Oh, and still waiting for Club LOL to show up many days after getting the signatures.  Not sure what is taking so long.

I still can't get that bitch Mabel to talk to me.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 26, 2013, 03:21:28 PM

I still can't get that bitch Mabel to talk to me.

You have to talk to her every day for something like 10 days to get the QR code sewing machine.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2013, 06:11:35 PM »

A little tip I just learned that I wanted to pass on to other AC players in the U.S.  You should have a SpotPass from Reggie from Nintendo in your HHA Showcase area.  If you go there, you can go to Reggie's house and you can go in there and order display cases and counters.  If you've expanded the museum, you can sometimes buy one a day, if it happens to be the item for sale that day, but this lets you buy lots.  I use these for my Nintendo museum exhibit in the museum to display smaller objects like Link's boots or Cpt. Olimar's ship.  Basically anything you could potentially put on a table, you can put in these and it has a nice look as you can see from a screenshot I found that someone took in Reggie's house:

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2013, 06:18:11 PM »

Oh, and expanding the museum also gives access to silver tools (assuming you meet the condition for the particular tool).  They sit int he spot of the museum shop which could also have floor and wall decorations, so you have to hope it is for sale.  I picked up a silver fishing rod today.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2013, 10:06:53 PM »

Soooo, I kinda got sick of trying to see all of the tiny beetles and things on my 3DS, so I picked up a 3DS XL last night.   icon_redface  The bigger screens really do make a difference, though.   

It does suck that most of the shops close before I get home or shortly after, so I'm definitely going to time shift it a few hours.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 26, 2013, 10:06:53 PM

Soooo, I kinda got sick of trying to see all of the tiny beetles and things on my 3DS, so I picked up a 3DS XL last night.   icon_redface  The bigger screens really do make a difference, though.   

It does suck that most of the shops close before I get home or shortly after, so I'm definitely going to time shift it a few hours.

Dude, just do a Night Owl town ordinance.    I'm selling crap at 11pm and 11:40pm thanks to that one.    No reason to time shift.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2013, 11:15:05 PM »

I did finally do that last night, but that was the first chance I had to pass any ordinance and it takes a day to take effect.  I realize it's an inherent part of the game, but sometimes it sucks that I can't really ever catch up to you guys because so many things are limited by real time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: