http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 08:51:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition' for iOS Submitted to Apple for Approval  (Read 845 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »

Stole the title straight from TouchArcade but I thought people might like to know.

Looks like we will have hundreds of hours of the some of the best RPGs ever on the iPad soon.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:36:17 PM »

Hopefully they were able to clean up the pathfinding, AI quirks, and other basic issues (like getting through gorram doorways) that the original had.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »

Anyone pick this up?

Wake up.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 03:16:21 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 19, 2014, 02:49:15 PM

Anyone pick this up?

Yep. Looks great but so far I've only managed to spend a couple of hours rolling up various characters.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 04:09:59 PM »

I picked it up this morning and may give it a go tonight.  I noticed that only one character is available with other's only unlocked through an IAP.  That is kinda shitty since I just paid $16 for the game.  Does this mean that only one class is playable?

Wake up.
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 04:33:21 PM »

They retrofitted IAP into Baldur's Gate? You can't be serious...

I'm going to work on getting GemRB running here shortly on my Nexus 7.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 04:37:02 PM »

I saw that comment too and I am still trying to figure out what is IAP.  The only thing I can find with Google and "baldur's gate 2 iap" is this story and quote

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition coming soon to iPad… with IAPs
Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition iPad Android tablet screenshotWe were keeping our finger crossed when Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition was submitted to Apple a month ago, but it didn’t help. The game was refused by Apple’s submission team once or twice, but according to Beamdog’s Trent Oster, the wait is almost over. Apparently, the game’s in-app purchases have been approved and… wait, what?

Yeah, it turns out Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition will feature IAPs on iPad and (eventually) Android tablets. This honestly isn’t a huge surprise, as we’ve predicted something like this will happen way back in August when it was announced that the remake will feature four new characters with unique quest lines, but it’s still a shame that a $15 mobile game will have paywalls.

Which would seem to say that the original game/story is there for $15 but you can get 4 new characters with unique quests for IAP.

heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »

Gamer rage level reduced 1 notch.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 05:34:01 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on January 21, 2014, 04:37:02 PM

I saw that comment too and I am still trying to figure out what is IAP.  The only thing I can find with Google and "baldur's gate 2 iap" is this story and quote

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition coming soon to iPad… with IAPs
Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition iPad Android tablet screenshotWe were keeping our finger crossed when Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition was submitted to Apple a month ago, but it didn’t help. The game was refused by Apple’s submission team once or twice, but according to Beamdog’s Trent Oster, the wait is almost over. Apparently, the game’s in-app purchases have been approved and… wait, what?

Yeah, it turns out Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition will feature IAPs on iPad and (eventually) Android tablets. This honestly isn’t a huge surprise, as we’ve predicted something like this will happen way back in August when it was announced that the remake will feature four new characters with unique quest lines, but it’s still a shame that a $15 mobile game will have paywalls.

Which would seem to say that the original game/story is there for $15 but you can get 4 new characters with unique quests for IAP.

That makes me happy then as long as I have the complete game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake up.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 09:33:25 PM »

Based on BG1 for the iPad, you get the complete game that launched on the PC for that price. But if you want additional classes and brand new content, you'll have to pay for it.

On the PC version, you just pay extra straight off as all the DLC is included with the game.

At least I think that's how I remember it.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: