http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 10:00:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WikiLeaks Founder Charged With Rape  (Read 1312 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2010, 11:01:44 AM »

SO. FISHY.

Guy owns a site that the USG doesn't like.  Bang a few weeks after exposing USG ineptitude in Iraq and he's charged with a major crime.

I'm no conspiracy guy, but this is suspicious.

Now it'll be 'you can't trust wikileaks. Its founder is an accused rapist!'

CNN Playing right along has images of the guy leering.  And it's a Saturday news story so it'll get just enough attention for people to catalog it in their heads but not do any real investigation of the story.

Or maybe I've seen to many movies.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »

Revoked.

Looks like Obama called and told them to ease it off.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:28:56 PM »

And at the exact same time, half a billion eggs are suddenly recalled because of "salmonella".

Coincidence?

-Autistic Angel
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on August 21, 2010, 04:08:55 PM

Revoked.

Looks like Obama called and told them to ease it off.

What are you basing the 'Obama called' part on?  I haven't seen any article reference that.  I'd like to believe it, but I don't see any evidence of it.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:26:27 PM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on August 21, 2010, 07:34:00 PM

I'd like to believe it

Why would you like to believe it?
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 08:57:01 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on August 21, 2010, 08:26:27 PM

Quote from: Pyperkub on August 21, 2010, 07:34:00 PM

I'd like to believe it

Why would you like to believe it?

Because it seems like a smear campaign.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 05:21:53 AM »

Have you ever noticed that President Barack Obama and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange have never been witnessed at the same place at the same time?  Really makes you wonder....

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 05:27:11 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 22, 2010, 05:21:53 AM

Have you ever noticed that President Barack Obama and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange have never been witnessed at the same place at the same time?  Really makes you wonder....

-Autistic Angel

are you suggesting that Presdent Barack Obama is a..........

Transformer?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 01:39:31 AM »

Hey, I'm just asking questions.  Following the facts where they lead and taking note when they point someplace...suspicious.

FACT: One of Barack Obama's first acts as president was funneling millions of dollars into GMC.

FACT: Barack Obama loves the color yellow.

FACT: Barack Obama frequently uses the radio to communicate.

Soooo fishy....

-Autistic Angel
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 01:27:53 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 22, 2010, 05:21:53 AM

-Autistic Angel

It didn't before. But it does now!  paranoid

What are you basing the 'Obama called' part on?

My knowledge of how politics works based on over 15 years working in the State Department and Pentagon  a lifetime of watching political thriller movies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:13:35 AM »

Britain's Supreme Court backs extradition of Julian Assange to Sweden

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/30/11949100-britains-supreme-court-backs-extradition-of-julian-assange-to-sweden?lite

Britain's Supreme Court on Wednesday backed the extradition of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to Sweden where he is accused of sex crimes -- the latest chapter in the saga of the self-styled Internet whistle-blower.

Swedish prosecutors want to question Assange over claims of rape and sexual assault made by two female former WikiLeaks volunteers, and he has been fighting a lengthy legal battle against extradition since his arrest in Britain in Dec. 2010.

Seven judges at Britain's highest court rejected by a majority of 5-2 that Assange's claim that a European Arrest Warrant (EAW) under which his extradition is sought was invalid.  Two lower courts have already ruled he should be extradited.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 05:58:50 AM »

Ecuador grants Wikileaks founder asylum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19281492

Ecuador has granted asylum to Wikileaks founder Julian Assange two months after he took refuge in its London embassy while fighting extradition from the UK.

It said his human rights might be violated if he is sent to Sweden to be questioned over sex assault claims.

Foreign Secretary William Hague said the UK would not allow Mr Assange safe passage out of the country and the move was also criticised by Stockholm.

Ecuador said it would seek to negotiate arrangements for Mr Assange to leave.

"We don't think it is reasonable that, after a sovereign government has made the decision of granting political asylum, a citizen is forced to live in an embassy for a long period," Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino said.

Mr Assange took refuge at the embassy in June to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he faces questioning over assault and rape claims, which he denies.

now if they can just get him out of the country.

Because I can,
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 17, 2012, 05:58:50 AM

Ecuador grants Wikileaks founder asylum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19281492

Ecuador has granted asylum to Wikileaks founder Julian Assange two months after he took refuge in its London embassy while fighting extradition from the UK.

It said his human rights might be violated if he is sent to Sweden to be questioned over sex assault claims.

Foreign Secretary William Hague said the UK would not allow Mr Assange safe passage out of the country and the move was also criticised by Stockholm.

Ecuador said it would seek to negotiate arrangements for Mr Assange to leave.

"We don't think it is reasonable that, after a sovereign government has made the decision of granting political asylum, a citizen is forced to live in an embassy for a long period," Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino said.

Mr Assange took refuge at the embassy in June to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he faces questioning over assault and rape claims, which he denies.

now if they can just get him out of the country.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.  Assange voided into the British legal system's cornflakes and they aren't letting him off.  Then he turned to a nation with (allegedly) horrible press rights to protect him - the guy who is the self-proclaimed poster child for free speech and press.  Ecuador wants to piss of both the US and the UK.  I imagine the US doesn't really want him to get extradited to the US because it might be a mess trial.  Of course, I would be terrified of going to trial in Sweden.  Those bastards are notorious for...uh, ...for, uhm, Swedish Bikini Teams, uhm, yeah.,   uhm.  how much is ticket to Sweden?

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 08:36:45 PM »

This case took a turn to the dramatic when the UK started threatening to enter the Ecuador embassy. That's just not something you do, or even threaten to do. Even if they don't actually do it, they've already set a dangerous precedent that less civilized nations can use against others. Imagine if, say, Iran started walking into the UK embassy to look for insurgents. The UK wouldn't really have much to say for itself any more.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »

I really don't get this,what connection did he have with Ecuador in the first place?,and what is stopping all people who are wanted of crimes of just stepping into an embassy to claim this kind of sanctuary?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 10:37:14 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 19, 2012, 10:11:55 AM

I really don't get this,what connection did he have with Ecuador in the first place?,and what is stopping all people who are wanted of crimes of just stepping into an embassy to claim this kind of sanctuary?

I don't think there's a particular reason he chose Ecuador beyond the fact that they seemed interested in helping. The whole case stinks, from one end to the other, so Ecuador actually thinks he needs diplomatic protection. I don't sympathize with the guy, but I can't say I disagree with their assessment.

In theory anyone can step into an embassy to protect themselves from the law, but that's no different from crossing the borders into another country in order to flee justice. It almost never works, not least because the countries they flee to don't want neither them or the trouble they bring.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 10:57:48 AM »

Thanks TiLT i was thinking there was something i had missed,the Border thing is a good example  thumbsup

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: