http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 07:17:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do they find these guys?  (Read 696 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:28:15 AM »

A senate candidate, really? And ahead in the polls?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/19/missouri-republican-claims-legitimate-rape-rarely-results-in-pregnancy/

"First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said of rape-induced pregnancy in an interview with KTVI. A clip of the interview was posted online by the liberal super PAC American Bridge.

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin continued. He did not provide an explanation for what constituted "legitimate rape."

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 02:16:47 AM »

Nothing worse than being illegitimately raped.

Fraudulent Violation is the leading cause of abortion, apparently.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 02:18:57 AM »

Holy fuck.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 03:56:53 AM »

Quote from: gellar on August 20, 2012, 02:18:57 AM

Holy fuck.

Holy fuck is right. 
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:33:34 AM »

Guess what? He's on the House Science and Technology Committee.  icon_eek

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 04:44:16 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 20, 2012, 04:33:34 AM

oh, that's nice.  I do love when these types of idiots get themselves onto scientific groups.  if he were here galileo would explode from massive self-induced rejection of the spoken word.  aka, the 'what is this i don't even' event. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 05:55:36 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 20, 2012, 04:33:34 AM

Where his title is Preventer of Science? One hopes that the rest of the committee humors him like a slow child.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 12:58:26 AM »

Oh, Mike, you're really not making it any better.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/la-pn-huckabee-horrible-rapes-created-some-extraordinary-people-20120820,0,6223468.story

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 01:37:06 AM »

He should've already stepped down.  What an idiot.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 02:28:52 AM »

He's out of the House as soon as they recess, and it's pretty unlikely now that he'll win the Senate seat against the female incumbent.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 01:27:49 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 21, 2012, 01:37:06 AM

He should've already stepped down.  What an idiot.

It's been fascinating to watch Conservatives suddenly get really mobilized about this issue.  Or rather, this event.

Because Eco-Logic doesn't disagree with Representative Akin on the policy.  His position that abortion should be illegal even in cases of rape and incest is indistinguishable from what Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan believe.  They both support "Personhood" amendments to the Constitution that would criminalize both, plus the birth control pill and in vitro fertilization besides.  Eco-Logic doesn't believe either of them to be idiotic, nor that they should quit the race.

He also doesn't disagree with Akin's use of junk science and invented facts to justify his position.  Conservatives, statistically speaking, do not believe in evolution.  They discard decades of data on climate change out of hand.  They make wild claims on things ranging from illegal immigrants carrying leprosy, Shirley Sherrod going on a racist screed, ACORN promoting voter fraud, presidential visits to India that cost $200 million a day, graphic sex eduction for kindergarteners, and all sorts of other crazy things on a daily basis.  If making up random garbage to justify a position bothered Conservatives, the modern Conservative movement literally would not exist.

No, the big crisis, the shocking crime Todd Akin committed here is that he said something unpopular enough to lose a political race.  He isn't in trouble for promoting a vicious policy for idiotic reasons -- he's in trouble because he expressed support for a mainstream plank in the modern Conservative platform, neglected to dress it up is pious niceties, and did it in a very public venue where it cost him twenty points in the polls.

At least Republican Representative Steve King, Mike Huckabee, the American Family Association, and the Family Research Council have the courage to stand up for their positions even after voters realize what they are.  All this furious backpeddling and feigned outrage by the establishment is just rank cowardice.

-Autistic Angel
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 02:10:54 AM »

I'd say it's pretty clear how The Onion feels about Akin...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »

Quote from: disarm on August 22, 2012, 02:10:54 AM

Thanks for that,  Im glad Akin has finally made his position clear.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 04:36:55 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 20, 2012, 12:28:15 AM

A senate candidate, really? And ahead in the polls?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/19/missouri-republican-claims-legitimate-rape-rarely-results-in-pregnancy/

"First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said of rape-induced pregnancy in an interview with KTVI. A clip of the interview was posted online by the liberal super PAC American Bridge.

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin continued. He did not provide an explanation for what constituted "legitimate rape."

Yeah. Fucking sick,stupid,simple minded,selfish,completely oblivious to how the world works fuck faces. That was a run on! But, holy shit I know there are assholes/really dumbasses in this world. But that many that this asshole has support?!?! finger

But that has worked for yrs. "Honey I'm raping you, see I said it, and you never got pregnant! It works!!!" retard
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:40:50 AM by Harpua3 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: