http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:32:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will Obama's Scandals Be?  (Read 10550 times)
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »

You are also going to lose your plan if it is too good, as it then is one of the 'cadillac' plans that is going to be taxed out of existence.     Obamacare is a complete disaster and people are finally waking up to that fact.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2013, 01:39:44 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on October 30, 2013, 11:44:42 AM

Quote from: Razgon on October 30, 2013, 08:12:00 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 30, 2013, 04:51:09 AM

Quote from: Rip on October 30, 2013, 04:36:55 AM

Quote from: Purge on October 30, 2013, 04:25:27 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 30, 2013, 04:14:43 AM

goddamn...

Magic is dead. I've heard her talk.

Nothing a ball gag won't fix.

yeah, just stuff her secondary cockhole biggrin

Its no wonder we don't have women on this board.

Is it because Purge's avatar keeps scaring them off?
I thought the reason we kept Europeans around was to substitute for the female point of view biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2013, 01:55:26 PM »

I'm being kept? Wohoo!!

A new one
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on October 30, 2013, 01:17:08 PM

You are also going to lose your plan if it is too good, as it then is one of the 'cadillac' plans that is going to be taxed out of existence.     Obamacare is a complete disaster and people are finally waking up to that fact.

Whew! Thank goodness I don't make enough to afford one of those 'cadillac' plans. Must be nice to have all that dough though.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2013, 03:38:08 PM »

Shouldn't they call this plan Obamacare : 99% coverage ? slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 30, 2013, 01:55:26 PM

I'm being kept? Wohoo!!

whoa there, I didn't say you specifically. 

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »

Quote from: raydude on October 30, 2013, 03:28:46 PM

Quote from: brettmcd on October 30, 2013, 01:17:08 PM

You are also going to lose your plan if it is too good, as it then is one of the 'cadillac' plans that is going to be taxed out of existence.     Obamacare is a complete disaster and people are finally waking up to that fact.

Whew! Thank goodness I don't make enough to afford one of those 'cadillac' plans. Must be nice to have all that dough though.

Actually most of those plans are things that employees negotiated for wanting better health coverage in exchange for smaller wage increases.   But I wish someone could explain to me why we should both punish people for not having insurance or for having what the government considers to be too good of insurance.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:45:06 PM by brettmcd » Logged
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2013, 09:09:03 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on October 30, 2013, 03:42:16 PM

But I wish someone could explain to me why we should both punish people for not having insurance or for having what the government considers to be too good of insurance.

Levying fines against individuals who choose not to carry health insurance was a Republican addition to the Affordable Care Act, based on the logic that once private insurance companies were no longer allowed to deny coverage for people with pre-existing conditions, there would be no incentive for people to acquire health insurance until they were sick enough to need it.  The entire concept of insurance is reliant on having many healthy people paying into the system to cover the needs of a few very sick people.  Also, people without insurance still receive exorbitantly expensive life-saving medical care at tax payer expense, so the individual mandate was proposed to ensure everyone has at least some minimal level of contribution to the system.

The so-called "Cadillac Tax" on uncommonly generous healthcare plans, characterized by minimal or nonexistent co-pays and usually made affordable through heavy employer subsidies, was another Republican proposal for the Affordable Care Act.  Previously backed by George W. Bush, John McCain, and most recently by Mitt Romney, conservatives often claim that people who have access to health care that is too affordable overburden the system and drive up costs by demanding professional medical treatment for every hangnail, every bump, every bruise.  Despite a total lack of empirical evidence to support this claim, it is often circulated by right-wing media as a reason to detest union-negotiated health benefits, and a reason why a single-payer healthcare would destroy the United States.

Now, who wants to bet me that brettmcd's question was purely rhetorical, and the answers have no measurable impact on his belief that Democrats are at fault for everything he dislikes about the law?

-Autistic Angel
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: