http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 07:58:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will Obama's Scandals Be?  (Read 9288 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2013, 02:10:10 PM »

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2013, 04:46:52 PM »

The latest Obama scandal!

Obama was clearly trying to move in on his best friend's girlfriend!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2013, 04:57:15 PM »

Did he sign it 'Barry'?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 23, 2013, 04:57:15 PM

Did he sign it 'Barry'?

he goes by that sometimes.  he also likes to be called Bad BO when out on the town committing atrocities.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »

Heil Barack!

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 22, 2013, 08:55:54 PM

If my objective was to come on here and change the minds of the libs on this forum maybe I'd give a shit.  Not my objective though...

This forum is about the only place I ever actually communicate with people that are not completely outraged by this administration.  It has been obvious for a long time now that a whole lot of the public are completely uninformed and this forum is my destination to witness it first hand.

This forum also represents a great place to witness first hand liberal tactics, such as insulting and diverting.

You know the administration is corrupt when you have the likes of Lanny Davis demanding a special council...

Nobody gives a fug what your objectives are, but it's fun to have you here because we get to point and laugh and tell jokes behind your back.

Ale
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2013, 06:26:17 PM »

Did he sign it 'Barry'?

He went by Barry before politics. Would you want the name "Barack" as a kid?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2013, 07:17:40 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 24, 2013, 06:26:17 PM

Did he sign it 'Barry'?

He went by Barry before politics. Would you want the name "Barack" as a kid?

Sure unless I was ashamed of my Muslim Kenyanness...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Tongue
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »

How to save Obama’s second term

Republicans berate his administration for a “cover-up” after terrorists murdered diplomats in Benghazi; for snooping on journalists; and for letting the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) hound conservatives.

Not all these scandals are real. In Libya the administration failed to anticipate an attack or to protect its staff: a tragic failure, but not a crime. Spin-doctors tied themselves in knots to avoid saying anything that might hurt the president’s re-election campaign, but that is what spin-doctors do. The snooping scandal is murkier, and seems to have involved an abuse of power. But the IRS scandal is unambiguously outrageous.

Tax officials singled out the president’s opponents for extra scrutiny. Conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status were subjected to long delays and intimidating questionnaires; liberal groups, less so. Mr Obama did not order this, but it still damages him. How can he persuade Americans of the virtues of bigger government if even the IRS is politically biased?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »

I hold the economist in the highest regard. I feel like almost every article they do is right down the middle. Thanks, for the link.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2013, 01:19:52 AM »

Oops.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2013, 11:21:52 AM »

Indeed.

There is 0 chance Barry didn't know about the IRS scandal.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2013, 12:11:52 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 29, 2013, 11:21:52 AM

Indeed.

There is 0 chance Barry didn't know about the IRS scandal.

That "gut feeling" again eh?  As has been the case from the beginning, all the actual evidence still points to this being an internal IRS fuck-up.  Wake me when it's proven otherwise.

From The Economist article:

Tax officials singled out the president’s opponents for extra scrutiny. Conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status were subjected to long delays and intimidating questionnaires; liberal groups, less so. Mr Obama did not order this, but it still damages him.

It'll never happen, but I'd love to see a comparison of the names of the Tea Party Groups who were selected for extra scrutiny vs the liberal groups who "sailed through" the process.  Remember, groups who are actively politically campaigning for one side or the other are not supposed to receive 501(c)(4) status.  Which means that "Freedom Patriots Against Taxation" are probably going to get an extra look when applying for tax exempt status, because why the hell wouldn't they?  Now, if "Liberal Tree Huggers United" zipped through the acceptance process without the IRS even blinking, then we obviously have a problem. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 29, 2013, 11:21:52 AM

Indeed.

There is 0 chance Barry knew about the IRS scandal.

However, he is still guilty of atrocities.

That's better...

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »

Heard a report on NPR but can't find a link to it..nor is it being covered on the front page of any major us new sites (because a dead QB from some college is more distracting important apparently)...that Holder approved a memo subpoenaing the phone records for fox news.

One degree of separation from Obama.

Conservative new org.

Conservative business targeted by IRS.

There could be a pattern forming here.

But I'm sure Obama didn't know about this either.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:40:57 PM by ATB » Logged
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »

But here's the thing:  there was nothing illegal about what happened.  It may be skirting the rights that the fourth estate enjoys, but the actual process was legal.

"In the investigation that led to the indictment of Stephen Kim, the government issued subpoenas, with approval from the attorney general as required by Justice Department guidelines, for toll records for five phone numbers associated with the media over a two-day period," a Justice Department official said.

Do I agree with what happened?  From a moral standpoint, yes and no.  Do I believe anything illegal happened?  No.  And that belief has been reinforced numerous times over the last few weeks.

And the process mentioned above wasn't just invented or spontaneously arose for this situation.  It's been on the books for a very, very long time.

The last time phone records for a reporter were the focus of a secret subpoena was back in 2001, in a case that involved a different AP reporter.

Back then, former Justice Department prosecutor Victoria Toensing said this on PBS NewsHour: "You shouldn't get a story that violates the law, and if you do, then the government should take all steps to see that that doesn't happen again so people have confidence in their judicial system."

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:52:26 PM by hepcat » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »

I also suppose we should ignore the fact that the conservative organizations were actively spending thousands of dollars on political ads at the exact same time they were applying for tax-exempt status as a non-political entity.

When CVFC, a conservative veterans’ group in California, applied for tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service, its biggest expenditure that year was several thousand dollars in radio ads backing a Republican candidate for Congress.

The Wetumpka Tea Party, from Alabama, sponsored training for a get-out-the-vote initiative dedicated to the “defeat of President Barack Obama” while the I.R.S. was weighing its application.

And the head of the Ohio Liberty Coalition, whose application languished with the I.R.S. for more than two years, sent out e-mails to members about Mitt Romney campaign events and organized members to distribute Mr. Romney’s presidential campaign literature.

Eco, please remind me again why these groups shouldn't have been scrutinized more thoroughly than others?

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2013, 03:36:59 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 29, 2013, 02:46:48 PM

And the process mentioned above wasn't just invented or spontaneously arose for this situation.  It's been on the books for a very, very long time.

Fox News knew about this particular DOJ subpoena for three years.  Funny that it becomes a big deal now...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 29, 2013, 03:36:59 PM

Quote from: hepcat on May 29, 2013, 02:46:48 PM

And the process mentioned above wasn't just invented or spontaneously arose for this situation.  It's been on the books for a very, very long time.

Fox News knew about this particular DOJ subpoena for three years.  Funny that it becomes a big deal now...

it takes time for atrocities to ripen.

Because I can,
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »

Ahh wait, more of you are idiots than I thought.

Nah, not really, false alarm.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 29, 2013, 10:07:31 PM

Ahh wait, more of you are idiots than I thought.

Nah, not really, false alarm.

Rather than supporting his position when presented with actual data that goes against his narrative, he simply calls everyone an idiot for not agreeing with him.  Finely honed debate skills at work here, folks.

I'll go ahead and fill in the next blank for you Eco.  "It's not worth my time to link to anything that backs up my opinions because _______"

1.  "It's all biased liberal media anyways" OR
2.  "You liberals are all too stupid to understand it anyways".

Did I do that right?

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2013, 10:52:11 PM »

Pretty damn perfect Gratch, pretty damn perfect.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2013, 01:01:53 AM »

I'm going to do something that I probably will regret.  However, here goes:

Eco, when someone posts a rebuttal to your position(s) and includes facts, you'll find that you get a lot farther in the discussion by returning to the debate with facts of your own.  Simply screaming "You're all stupid!" to anyone who disagrees with you just makes you look like the one that's...well...stupid.  I'm not trying to be insulting with this.  It's just a fact. 

Also, a rabid hatred of a president you don't agree with is just silly.  You want to be taken seriously?  Then stop with the silly rhetoric.  Disagree with him on the issues, not just because he wasn't "your guy" during the last election. 

There, take this advice or not.  It's up to you.  However, continuing down the path you're on will just ensure that people continue making fun of you.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2013, 01:42:29 AM »

Oh but Hep, you surely realize respect of my political opinion isn't close to being my objective here.  In fact, I'd be concerned with myself if people like you began to respect my opinion at all.  See, to me, you and your peons that chime in here and there are nothing more than an outlet for me to express how ignorant I actually think you are (You often remind me of the occupy wallstreet idiots).

I rarely come across people day to day that favor obama. I have a few colleagues that voted for him, but they aren't dumb enough to think he didn't know about the IRS scandal.  Occasionally I'll encounter a prospect or client (this pretty much only happens in the uneducated, urban part of my territory) that is vocal about their support for him and being in sales I bite my lip and say nothing.   You're nothing more than an outlet for venting my frustrations to the ignorant/uninformed.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2013, 01:45:57 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 30, 2013, 01:42:29 AM

Occasionally I'll encounter a prospect or client (this pretty much only happens in the uneducated, urban part of my territory) that is vocal about their support for him and being in sales I bite my lip and say nothing. 

Then how are you able to determine if they want mild or hot sauce with their Burrito Supreme?   icon_confused

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2013, 02:06:55 AM »

I rarely come across people day to day that favor obama.

Ah, the ol' Pauline Kael problem.

Perhaps those who you encounter are not representative of the U.S. population at large? Obama won the election after all. Consider it another inconvenient fact.

You're nothing more than an outlet for venting my frustrations to the ignorant/uninformed.

So those substantiating their opinions with cited facts are the ignorant and uninformed ones. Gotcha.

Seriously, Eco, is it so hard to conceive that smart and informed people can have differing political opinions? You're playing into the "living in a bubble" conservative stereotype here.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:08:59 AM by Captain Caveman » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2013, 03:04:21 AM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on May 30, 2013, 02:06:55 AM

So those substantiating their opinions with cited facts are the ignorant and uninformed ones. Gotcha.

icon_lol 

In a strange way, I actually appreciate Eco's "participation" in the R&P forum.  Through the process of looking for information to refute his ridiculous claims (not that things like citations and/or actual evidence mean anything to him, but that's beside the point), I've actually become more educated on a number of political topics both past and present.  So thanks for that, I suppose.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »

Oh but Hep, you surely realize respect of my political opinion isn't close to being my objective here.  In fact, I'd be concerned with myself if people like you began to respect my opinion at all.  See, to me, you and your peons that chime in here and there are nothing more than an outlet for me to express how ignorant I actually think you are (You often remind me of the occupy wallstreet idiots).

I rarely come across people day to day that favor obama. I have a few colleagues that voted for him, but they aren't dumb enough to think he didn't know about the IRS scandal.  Occasionally I'll encounter a prospect or client (this pretty much only happens in the uneducated, urban part of my territory) that is vocal about their support for him and being in sales I bite my lip and say nothing.   You're nothing more than an outlet for venting my frustrations to the ignorant/uninformed.

Why aren't you banned for trolling yet?

A new one
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2013, 12:24:10 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 30, 2013, 11:10:26 AM

Why aren't you banned for trolling yet?

He's just giving what he's getting...although a bit more directly and with less humour.

Part of the problem is that people clamor for 'facts' from him and when he bothers to do it, most respond that the source can't be trusted because it's not one that they like.

He knows it's a losing battle to disagree with the GT political far left leaning- conservatives are evil libs are our saviors-hivemind so now he's just poking at it with a stick. 

To be fair, he is of the libs are evil conservatives are our saviors camp so at least the two groups are on equal and irrational footing. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2013, 01:08:38 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 30, 2013, 12:24:10 PM

Part of the problem is that people clamor for 'facts' from him and when he bothers to do it, most respond that the source can't be trusted because it's not one that they like.

Facts?  I don't remember the last time Eco provided anything other than "you're all idiots for not agreeing with exactly how I think".  I'm actually still curious as to his (or your) opinion on this one, not that I'm holding my breath that it'll ever come.

You're right though, I'm not going to view WorldNetDaily or Townhall links with any more credibility he would DailyKos.  Hence why I try to avoid linking to sites of either "extreme".  Problem is (and I'm speaking in generalities about many of the conservatives I interact with, not just Eco), unless it comes directly from Fox News, it's not considered a valid news source at all.  That sort of echo chamber leads to a rather skewed view of the world.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:10:41 PM by Gratch » Logged

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 30, 2013, 12:24:10 PM

He knows it's a losing battle to disagree with the GT political far left leaning- conservatives are evil libs are our saviors-hivemind so now he's just poking at it with a stick.  

No, there is no "hive mind" of "far left leaning-conservatives are evil libs".  

Are there more democrats here than republicans?  Yes. And I sincerely apologize for not having been given the power by GT to manage the political affiliations of any member wishing to post on the board.  Shall we institute some form of control via an admittance process now?

And most posts from the folks you consider far left extremists are so incredibly LESS politically vitriolic than anything Eco has ever posted (or even yourself, many times) that it's ridiculous.  Unless you consider simply disagreeing with someone then backing up that disagreement with facts or opinions means that person is being unreasonable?  There are some extremists here, yes.  But you're seeing them everywhere and that's just ridiculous.

Do I belittle ACTUAL extremists like Eco and Zekester?  Damn right I do.  If you're going to come out of the gate yelling that everyone's stupid for not agreeing with you, I'm going to put you firmly in the column I've marked "Friggin' extremist moron" and there you'll stay until you prove yourself otherwise.  Hell, I even tried to reason with Eco a few posts back...but we all saw what happened there.

I'm tired of this ridiculous "majority = evil" mentality found here and on other boards where someone who is part of the minority tries to trivialize any opposing views by telling everyone they can never make a point because there's too many people on the opposite side of the issue.  No, we're not suppressing you simply by dint of outnumbering you.  Stop whining about it and either make better points or move on.  
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:40:51 PM by hepcat » Logged

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 02, 2013, 05:03:27 PM »

“I have no relationship with the president — none whatsoever. Obama doesn’t know how to be president. He doesn’t know how the world works. He’s incompetent. He’s an amateur!” - Bill Clinton.

Lol

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2013, 05:15:44 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 02, 2013, 05:03:27 PM

“I have no relationship with the president — none whatsoever. Obama doesn’t know how to be president. He doesn’t know how the world works. He’s incompetent. He’s an amateur!” - Bill Clinton.

Lol

I'll take the bait since I'm not sure what kind of stupid you are in this case (willful or just ignorant).  

That's a quote from an article about a book written about President Obama by Edward Klein, due out this week.  It is something Clinton reportedly said.  It is unclear if it was said to Klein (unlikely) or whether it's something Klein heard as part of hearsay.  It is not a direct quote from Clinton to a credible source.

This author also wrote a book on Hillary Clinton that was pretty widely panned by both liberals and conservatives, I believe.  He suggested in said book that Chelsea Clinton was conceived as a result of marital rape.  Classy AND credible.

I'm not saying he didn't say it, since no one knows.  I'm certain he will deny it, even if he did.  What I am certain of is the way you have it posted up there is intellectually dishonest.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2013, 07:03:55 PM »

More like intellectually not giving a damn.  Not bait either.  Just found it funny.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2013, 07:04:44 PM »

And true, as in the quote...

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »

Eco is basically just an R&P troll at this point.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2013, 07:59:33 PM »

Not so much a troll, more a pissed off American.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 02, 2013, 07:49:18 PM

Eco is basically just an R&P troll at this point.

I'm initiating the Elisha Protocol:

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 02, 2013, 07:59:33 PM

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »

No idea what that is, but I approve!

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2013, 08:24:36 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 02, 2013, 07:03:55 PM

More like intellectually not giving a damn. 

Well that's one explanation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: