http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 05:17:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will Obama's Scandals Be?  (Read 9367 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »

Next thing we know you'll be posting links I the daily kos.  Weak effort sir.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2013, 11:22:57 AM »

So you got nothing again.  This must be hard for you.  Watching your hopes get dashed like this. icon_frown

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 17, 2013, 02:01:30 AM

Even Peggy Noonan and Chris (thrill up my leg) Matthews have started criticizing O.   Lol what a disaster.

Wait, so you're telling me people don't have to be blindly partisan 100% of the time?  Tell me more about this phenomenon...

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2013, 12:58:36 PM »

When I voted for Obama, I wasn't expecting someone I could agree with 100 percent of the time on 100 percent of issues.  I voted for a man I thought would address more of the issues with our country that I had than his opponent(s).  And Obama has done just that.  From trying to reform what is essentially a broken health care system, to equal rights for everyone in the case of gay marriages, Obama has either come through or is working towards a goal.

Has he disappointed me?  Of course he has.  Like I said, I voted for a man, not a saint (which separates me from people who believe their leaders when they tell them they get their decisions from god).  Approving increased drone strike measures I vehemently disagree with, for example.

But the current situation?  That's just politics like usual in Washington.  

The IRS?  There's been zero proof that the WH directed the IRS to target conservative groups.  Zero.  

Benghazi?  As revealed yesterday with the release of 100 pages of emails from the WH before, during and after Benghazi, the GOP attack dogs have even gone so far as to lie to news agencies in order to make it look like something nefarious was going on...which it isn't.    

As for the DOJ scandal, nothing illegal has been done.  However, I do think they need a slap on the wrist to remind them of what they should and shouldn't do when it comes to the first amendment.  But since the house demanded the investigation into the sources behind the leak that started the DOJ investigation in the first place, I don't think this can be fairly called a WH scandal solely.

Am I happy with Obama?  Not all the time.  But I'm satisfied.  And that's fine with me.  Considering the alternative from the last election, I still firmly believe I made the right choice.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:28:37 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2013, 03:18:07 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 17, 2013, 12:05:30 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 17, 2013, 02:01:30 AM

Even Peggy Noonan and Chris (thrill up my leg) Matthews have started criticizing O.   Lol what a disaster.

Wait, so you're telling me people don't have to be blindly partisan 100% of the time?  Tell me more about this phenomenon...

Also, is it surprising that Peggy Noonan, who was a speechwriter for Reagan, who took a leave from her journalistic position in 2004 to campaign for George W. Bush, who is a self-described and well known conservative, is taking shots at the President?

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »

The Biggest Obama Scandals Are Proven and Ignored

Obama has not, as Sullivan points out, traded arms for hostages with Iran, or started a war with no planning for the inevitable occupation that would follow. But there are different questions that could be asked about Obama that would perhaps be more relevant to his behavior.

Has he ordered the assassination of any American citizens in secret without due process? Did he kill any of their teenage kids without ever explaining how or why that happened?

Has he refused to reveal even the legal reasoning he used to conclude his targeted killing program is lawful?

Has he waged an unprecedented war on whistleblowers?

Has he spied on millions of innocent Americans without a warrant or probable cause?

Does he automatically count dead military-aged males killed by U.S. drones as "militants"?

Did he "sign a bill that enshrines in law the previously merely alleged executive power of indefinite detention without trial of terror suspects"?

Yes

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »

Peace and love?  I want that kind of world, not just that kind of America.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:53:55 PM by hepcat » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »

Mitch McConnell and Dave Camp from Meet the Press this morning.

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell said the IRS controversy amounted to evidence of a "culture of intimidation" by the administration. But he and Rep. Dave Camp, R-Mich., admitted they lacked evidence that the targeting of conservatives was ordered by the White House.

"We don't have anything to say that the president knew about it," said Camp, who chairs the House committee looking into the IRS controversy, on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky cites examples of what he sees as political maneuvering by the Obama administration.

McConnell also could not point to evidence of presidential involvement in the IRS's scrutinizing of conservatives, though the Kentucky senator argued that a need for more information justified emerging investigations into the controversy.

"I don't think we know what the facts are," he said, appearing separately on "Meet the Press" on Sunday. "The investigation has just begun, so I'm not going to reach a conclusion about what we may find."

So, in summary:

1.  We don't have a shred of evidence that ties either Obama or the WH to the IRS issues.
2.  We don't even know what the facts are, but we're going to keep digging (read:  making shit up) until it matches our narrative.

And for some reason that they aren't even able to explain, this above factors create a "culture of intimidation" by the Obama administration that the American people should all be outraged about.

There isn't a  Roll Eyes big enough anymore.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »

This shit isn't going away anytime soon.  I'm not naive enough to think any of these atrocities will result in the worst president in my life being removed from office though.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2013, 07:59:50 PM »

Wasn't the worst president the one with the funky cigar holder?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:13 PM »

Quote from: Purge on May 22, 2013, 07:59:50 PM

Wasn't the worst president the one with the funky cigar holder?

Franklin Delano Roosevelt wasn't THAT bad...

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 22, 2013, 07:45:53 PM

This shit isn't going away anytime soon.  I'm not naive enough to think any of these atrocities will result in the worst president in my life being removed from office though.

Define naive.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:22:17 PM by hepcat » Logged

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2013, 08:26:35 PM »

Petty insults now, wow how unsurprising...

Lol

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »

At least you edited your response...  So typical.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »

You had me at hello.   The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

p.s. still waiting on the definition of "naive" as it's obvious you don't know the meaning of the word "atrocity".
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:32:47 PM by hepcat » Logged

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2013, 08:34:12 PM »

atrocities

Uh.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2013, 08:41:10 PM »

Nah, I know the definition of atrocities and would agree it doesn't apply here, I could give two big shits though, because this administrations abuse of power is so extreme that you are an absolute idiot if you aren't outraged.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »

You do know you only serve to weaken your assertions with such hyperbole, right?

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:13 PM »

I had quite a few people ask me how I felt about Marines holding an umbrella for the President. I didn't know anything about it until I saw the story on the Daily Show.
What I can't believe is how some service members are actually calling it disrespectful and demeaning. Anyone here on the boards who are/were in the military KNOWS that every other day is full of incredible bullshit that we have to do.
Oh and those soldiers and Marines that told me that they would say no to the President if asked to hold an umbrella, shut the fuck up no you wouldn't. Holding an umbrella is the least demeaning thing a boot Corporal could do.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:40 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 22, 2013, 08:41:10 PM

Nah, I know the definition of atrocities and would agree it doesn't apply here, I could give two big shits though, because this administrations abuse of power is so extreme that you are an absolute idiot if you aren't outraged.

Again, please show me one bit of evidence that links the White House and/or Obama to the IRS scandal.

I'll wait.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2013, 08:54:03 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 22, 2013, 08:52:13 PM

I had quite a few people ask me how I felt about Marines holding an umbrella for the President. I didn't know anything about it until I saw the story on the Daily Show.
What I can't believe is how some service members are actually calling it disrespectful and demeaning. Anyone here on the boards who are/were in the military KNOWS that every other day is full of incredible bullshit that we have to do.
Oh and those soldiers and Marines that told me that they would say no to the President if asked to hold an umbrella, shut the fuck up no you wouldn't. Holding an umbrella is the least demeaning thing a boot Corporal could do.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »

I actually feel good about myself in light of that photo.  At no point in my life would I think to be outraged by a Marine holding an umbrella over the head of ANY president...no matter his party of origin. 

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »

If my objective was to come on here and change the minds of the libs on this forum maybe I'd give a shit.  Not my objective though...

This forum is about the only place I ever actually communicate with people that are not completely outraged by this administration.  It has been obvious for a long time now that a whole lot of the public are completely uninformed and this forum is my destination to witness it first hand.

This forum also represents a great place to witness first hand liberal tactics, such as insulting and diverting.

You know the administration is corrupt when you have the likes of Lanny Davis demanding a special council...

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2013, 08:57:12 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 22, 2013, 08:55:54 PM

If my objective was to come on here and change the minds of the libs on this forum maybe I'd give a shit.  Not my objective though...

This forum is about the only place I ever actually communicate with people that are not completely outraged by this administration.  It has been obvious for a long time now that a whole lot of the public are completely uninformed and this forum is my destination to witness it first hand.

This forum also represents a great place to witness first hand liberal tactics, such as insulting and diverting.

You know the administration is corrupt when you have the likes of Lanny Davis demanding a special council...

Translated:  I got nothin'

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »

I thought the whole umbrella thing was lame and a non-issue.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »

The best part is that he continually says that anyone that doesn't agree with him is an idiot (or worse) and then expresses genuine indignation when he gets insulted himself eventually.   icon_lol

Don't ever change, Eco.  Don't ever change.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2013, 09:02:44 PM »

Gratch, you're whole point is completely pointless as this president was a total failure prior to these scandals and if it came out today that the POTUS in his partying/golfing with celebrities bubble knew nothing about any of them it wouldn't come close to changing that.  Additionally, all you have to do is watch the news and you'll likely even see democrats piling on. (In regard  to these scandals).

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 22, 2013, 09:02:44 PM

Gratch, you're whole point is completely pointless as this president was a total failure prior to these scandals and if it came out today that the POTUS in his partying/golfing with celebrities bubble knew nothing about any of them it wouldn't come close to changing that.  Additionally, all you have to do is watch the news and you'll likely even see democrats piling on. (In regard  to these scandals).

You're absolutely correct, I see Democrats piling on the IRS...which is exactly what they should be doing since this is an IRS issue. 

Even then, I'm not entirely convinced it didn't play out like this:

-  The IRS gets slammed with 501(c)(4) applications due to the upcoming election
-  Being short-staffed already (at around 80%, by most accounts), IRS leadership makes a short-sighted decision that in order to get these processed more efficiently, they would flag any organizations that had specific keywords in the title (I.E.  Patriot, Freedom, etc.) for additional scrutiny, since these are typically political organizations who are not supposed to be granted tax exempt status.
-  Being the doofuses that they are, they don't include any (or as many) keywords that would equally tag "liberal" organizations.  Hence, conservative group's applications are overly scrutinized because they were the ones caught in the queue.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2013, 09:11:56 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 22, 2013, 08:55:22 PM

I actually feel good about myself in light of that photo.  At no point in my life would I think to be outraged by a Marine holding an umbrella over the head of ANY president...no matter his party of origin. 

Yeah. Totally.

Guy on facebook said people are mad at michelle for talking to kids about exercise and nutrition.  Really?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2013, 09:39:13 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 22, 2013, 08:16:13 PM

Franklin Delano Roosevelt wasn't THAT bad...

plus he fought werewolves.  don't forget that.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »

Holder: We’ve Droned 4 Americans, 3 by Accident. Oops.

In an extraordinary admission, Attorney General Eric Holder has told Congress that U.S. drone strikes since 2009 have killed four Americans — three of whom were “not specifically targeted.”

For all the effort that the Obama administration has gone to in asserting that its drones only kill the people that the administration intends to kill, Holder wrote in a letter today to Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) that Samir Khan, 16-year-old Abdulrahman Awlaki and Jude Kenan Mohammad were “not specifically targeted by the United States.” The fourth American to die in a drone strike since 2009 was Abdulrahman’s father Anwar Awlaki, a radical propagandist whom the U.S. killed in Yemen in 2011.

No biggie since Republicans are also in favor of drones even if they occasionally kill women, children, and random civilians attending the wrong wedding.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »

There's very few ways to respond to that without coming off as cold or unfeeling.  So I'll ask you just this: do you believe we are governed by people who enjoy killing innocents?

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2013, 11:11:38 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 22, 2013, 10:55:19 PM

There's very few ways to respond to that without coming off as cold or unfeeling.  So I'll ask you just this: do you believe we are governed by people who enjoy killing innocents?

I think the word enjoy is what throws off the question you're asking.

How about do you believe we are governed by people who care if we kill innocents?

I think the answer is yes. I've done some reading on the PITA it is to get the president to authorize a kill order on high value targets and the way these events were reported were that they took GREAT pains to avoid civ casualties.

That said, I also don't believe most politicians care two craps about the average american or his struggles.  So it's a delicate balancing act on their part.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2013, 11:15:44 PM »

Friendly fire feels like complete bullshit, but it seems to always happen, and probably always will.
In the battle of Nasiriya my brother saw 4 of his battle buddies get mowed down my an Air Force A-10. 2 of which were in a vehicle with a blue force tracker.
So the pilot, who as far as i know is still not named, was told by the ground controller that there was no Marines in the area. This confuses me because not only was there an eye in the sky, but a 10 digit grid for air support, and BFT (blue force tracker)

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 22, 2013, 11:11:38 PM

Quote from: hepcat on May 22, 2013, 10:55:19 PM

I think the word enjoy is what throws off the question you're asking.

How about do you believe we are governed by people who care if we kill innocents?

I think the answer is yes. I've done some reading on the PITA it is to get the president to authorize a kill order on high value targets and the way these events were reported were that they took GREAT pains to avoid civ casualties.

That said, I also don't believe most politicians care two craps about the average american or his struggles.  So it's a delicate balancing act on their part.

My point being that I think we dehumanize those that lead us way too easily.  It's difficult to see our politicians as real human beings that struggle with the decisions they have to make.  It's far easier to make them all into Snidely Whiplash caricatures.  No one is ever that simplistically bad.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2013, 11:34:49 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 22, 2013, 11:28:00 PM

No one is ever that simplistically bad.

Except Obama.   Tongue

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2013, 12:01:37 AM »

Well, as we've learned here today, he HAS committed atrocities.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2013, 01:35:29 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 23, 2013, 12:01:37 AM

Well, as we've learned here today, he HAS committed atrocities.

icon_lol
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2013, 03:20:44 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 22, 2013, 11:15:44 PM

Friendly fire feels like complete bullshit, but it seems to always happen, and probably always will.
In the battle of Nasiriya my brother saw 4 of his battle buddies get mowed down my an Air Force A-10. 2 of which were in a vehicle with a blue force tracker.
So the pilot, who as far as i know is still not named, was told by the ground controller that there was no Marines in the area. This confuses me because not only was there an eye in the sky, but a 10 digit grid for air support, and BFT (blue force tracker)

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Kato.  Combat losses are a bad thing, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to knowing that your allies were the ones that did it.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2013, 09:43:08 AM »

This shit isn't going away anytime soon.  I'm not naive enough to think any of these atrocities will result in the worst president in my life being removed from office though.

Pay attention to this quote, people! It's the closest we'll ever get to Eco-Logic admitting he was born yesterday.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2013, 01:20:46 PM »

Oh snap.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: