http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 07:55:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will Obama's Scandals Be?  (Read 9794 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2012, 12:41:03 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 10, 2012, 12:34:30 AM

Umm...AA...wow, this is awkward...ummm...we've all kind of...you know...moved on. 

you better have a citation to back up that statement, and I'm not talking about your pimpmobile  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2012, 01:28:01 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on November 08, 2012, 08:27:26 PM

Haha touched a nerve did I?  Funny you have no comment on my point regarding Obama's scandals prior to this election.

You missed Benghazi! That's the biggest one of them all! I'm thinking how Obama blackmailed Petraeus into having an affair and then firing him over it (all to cover up Benghazi) will be the big one of his second term!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 09, 2012, 12:09:12 AM

Quote from: Nonnahob on November 08, 2012, 11:28:00 PM

I keep having to remind myself I'm at gamingtrend and not some political site.

Not sure if you noticed, but you're posting this in a forum called "Political / Religious Nonsense".

...I'll give you a second to let that sink in.

Got it?

Okay then, yes...this got heated. I'm probably more to blame as I should know better (being an older member) and should have acted more mature.  But dropping into the middle of it and sanctimoniously preaching how awful everyone is does little more than make you a troll as well.  Sorry to be blunt, but my Irish is still up.

Alright then, THUNDERDOME IS OPEN!

Two may enter...one may leave

Ceekay, you're the bottom half of our Master Blaster union.  Purge, you're Aunty.  Get your Tina Turner outfit out of the closet. 

...wait...is that Razgon wearing it over by the cantina?  Damn it, Purge! 

He's got his own, I never take mine off.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 10, 2012, 01:28:01 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on November 08, 2012, 08:27:26 PM

Haha touched a nerve did I?  Funny you have no comment on my point regarding Obama's scandals prior to this election.

You missed Benghazi! That's the biggest one of them all! I'm thinking how Obama blackmailed Petraeus into having an affair and then firing him over it (all to cover up Benghazi) will be the big one of his second term!

but that already happened in his first term!  would that make it his 'Second Term Scandal*'?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2012, 07:40:53 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 10, 2012, 12:34:30 AM

Umm...AA...wow, this is awkward...ummm...we've all kind of...you know...moved on. 

The election was four days ago.  Florida just now figured out that Obama won the state.  That's how long it took to unravel a year's worth of plots to erect as many roadblocks to voting as possible.  Fewer polling places, fewer voting hours, thousands of people forced to defend their eligibility from automatic purges, "misprinted" ballots sent out to urban areas, conspicuous billboards warning poor neighborhoods that voter fraud is a federal offense, and on and on and on.  Several Republican state legislatures brainstormed ways to suppress turnout for this election, but with wait times soaring past six hours in Miami-Dade county, even Ohio couldn't hold a candle to Florida.

That's an actual scandal.  It really exists, right now.  We don't have a thread about it, though, because the spectacle of what happens when Republicans wield the power of government to assault people's rights is no longer noteworthy.  It's just what they do.

Instead, we have a thread where ATB asks everyone to forecast what President Obama's scandals might be, if they exist, because all the ones Conservatives have been furiously working to fabricate over the last four years failed to get the job done.  It's an ambitious project, so I'll have to beg some forgiveness if it takes a bit for me to express the minimum level scorn it deserves.

-Autistic Angel
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2013, 02:14:00 AM »

Things are heating up.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2013, 02:39:25 AM »

But not for Obama.  Hillary is getting attacked by the GOP so they can get her out of the 2016 running and position Rand for the run.  As for the IRS "scandal", that has nothing to do with Obama or his administration.  It was a branch office in Cincinnati, not an agency wide policy. It's a nice sound bite for Rush to scream about, but it won't result in anything.  And some bozo in an IRS branch office will just do the same thing again in the future with someone else.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:43:29 AM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »

"But not Obama"

I believe he would beg to differ.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2013, 01:33:02 PM »

You believe a lot of things. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »

If you don't think Obama doesn't feel like things are "heating up", you can't be paying attention.

The Cincinnati IRS office handles all tax exempt applications for the country and the whole "rogue office/ agent" narrative was torpedoed yesterday.

The AP/ DOJ scandal is every bit as reprehensible and even succeeded in pissing off his friends in the media.

I think Obama's worthless racist pastor for over 20 years said it best "Obama's chickens are coming home to roost."

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2013, 11:33:41 AM »

So you believe Obama himself is the one that directed the IRS office to scrutinize some conservatives?  You do realize that absolutely no one is making that claim, right?  Well, other than extremist conservatives like yourself, that is.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2013, 11:56:46 AM »

If that is your interpretation of my post, I can't help you.

I absolutely think the administration was aware of both.  Additionally, Benghazi isn't close to over either. 

Question for you:  Do you like the way this administration is handling these scandals?  I've seen better responses on middle school playgrounds myself.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »

There's one scandal:  the IRS.  Benghazi is only a scandal to the GOP attack dogs trying to find something to pull down Hillary Clinton.  Even Bush's former Secretary of Defense is mocking them for it.  Also, you'd think you would be a little pissed at the House majority that cut funding for Embassy security.  

As for the IRS situation, Obama has denounced it in very strong terms and publicly.  What else would you have him do?  Please, inform us.  

Also, it does bear repeating that absolutely NO ONE was denied the tax exempt status as part of the scrutiny.  Also, Karl Rove's group wasn't targeted at all (as well as numerous other conservative groups), so there goes the theory it was an attack on all conservatives.  It doesn't excuse it, no.  But those two facts does tend to discredit any belief it was an administration wide policy intended to keep conservative groups from obtaining tax exempt status, or as a way to get them ALL to disclose their donor lists (the more egregious offense in my opinion).

In the case of the DOJ going after sources in AP stories that had a little TOO much access to information, it seems like only yesterday that a bunch of GOP senators were demanding the DOJ go after sources in AP stories that had a little TOO much access to information.  Does that excuse what happened?  No.  But it does punch holes in your belief that this administration is solely to blame.

edit: fixed wrong link.  thanks gratch.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:33:38 PM by hepcat » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 15, 2013, 12:46:01 PM

As for the IRS situation, Obama has denounced it in very strong terms and publicly.  What else would you have him do?  Please, inform us.  

While I highly doubt we'll get an answer, I'm also curious about this.  (P.S.  Hep, I think you were looking for this link.  smile)  I also might generate some outrage when this actually ties back up to the administration in some way, and is shown to be something more than just the IRS being the IRS.

My understanding of the AP case (I'll admit to not knowing a ton about it) is that the AP got a leak from someone in the Government of highly classified information and published it. It had to do with a plot to bomb an airliner over the US by the same bastards that tried the underwear bomb. Disclosure of that information was a serious violation of national security. Knowledge of the plot was from an infiltrator. Publication of the information endangered that guy, wrecked the value of the infiltrator and caused serious harm.

Getting the records of calls placed, calls received and the length of time of the calls of the AP folks was an attempt to track down the person who leaked the information.  Holder recused himself from the issue due to potential conflicts. In spite of that fact, Reince Prebus, Chairman of the RNC called for Holder's resignation - but he's just an idiot.

I understand the national media is in an uproar over this. And I'm sure the Republican leadership sees this as an opportunity and will read politics into every plausible aspect. But to my mind, the SOB that leaked the information is real culprit in the issue. Whomever it is, belongs in jail.  

On Benghazi, as soon they stop making this a political witchhunt and start looking for actual answers and accountability, we can start taking them seriously.  In other words...never.

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 15, 2013, 11:56:46 AM

Question for you:  Do you like the way this administration is handling these scandals?

Obama seems to have handled the IRS issue decently so far.  Strong public condemnation is all you can do until you have actual data and answers.  The AP thing remains to be seen.  With Benghazi, when you reach the ridiculous level of derp this thing has gotten to, I have no idea how you would begin to rationally respond.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:31:11 PM by Gratch » Logged

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2013, 04:43:48 PM »

Oh wait...the IRS targeted Democratic groups too?

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2013, 04:45:44 PM »

Obviously O would denounce the IRS scandal (he'd do so even if the WH knew about it), but that isn't close to being enough.  All parties involved should be fired, and it seems that knowledge of this was more widespread than the Cincinnati office, so any other official in the know should be treated accordingly.  In the event it comes to light that the WH was aware of it, I'd assume that would be an impeachable abuse of power.   

Benghazi was clearly a politically motivated coverup and if you all still don't see it as one I guess you're taking the WH approach to heart:  "it was a long time ago" - Carney

Or of course, "there is no there there"....

This POTUS is blinded by power and I'm hopeful that it will bite his worthless corrupt ass.

Do you all feel comfortable with the IRS overseeing the travesty know as Obamacare??

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »

So, to summarize, you have nothing to contribute beyond yet another proclamation of your rabid hatred of all things non-GOP.  Got it.  Facts aren't really your forte.  We all know that.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 15, 2013, 04:45:44 PM

Obviously O would denounce the IRS scandal (he'd do so even if the WH knew about it), but that isn't close to being enough.  All parties involved should be fired, and it seems that knowledge of this was more widespread than the Cincinnati office, so any other official in the know should be treated accordingly.  

IF it is proven that only Tea Party groups were targeted (*ahem* see my link above), then you and I agree that heads should roll.

In the event it comes to light that the WH was aware of it, I'd assume that would be an impeachable abuse of power.

When IMPEACH HIM isn't thrown around at least 14 times a week by the GOP, we might start taking some of them seriously.

Benghazi was clearly a politically motivated coverup and if you all still don't see it as one I guess you're taking the WH approach to heart:  "it was a long time ago" - Carney

Methinks you don't understand the definition of "clearly".  Benghazi is about the furthest thing from it...which is the crux of the whole damn problem.

Do you all feel comfortable with the IRS overseeing the travesty know as Obamacare??

Not particularly, but I'm no less concerned about it than I am getting bent over by our current clusterfuck of a heathcare system.

EDIT:  And, as Fireball pointed out below, the IRS won't be "overseeing" Obamacare outside of the tax collection aspects.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:30:02 PM by Gratch » Logged

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2013, 05:08:49 PM »

In the end, all of the confusion around Benghazi was the result of trying not to reveal the CIA operation that was interlinked with the ambassador's work there.

Obama's response to the IRS scandal has been proper so far. There will end up being several careers ended because of this. And there should be. I wonder, though, was Eco as energized by the 2005 IRS targeting of Greenpeace and liberal churches? This sort of thing is bullshit whenever it happens.

As for the AP, it seems unreasonable to me that the same Republican Senators crying "find out how the AP learned these government secrets!" are now crying "how dare you investigate the AP?!"

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2013, 05:11:18 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 15, 2013, 04:45:44 PM

The IRS doesn't oversee Obamacare. All the IRS does in relation to Obamacare is include a line on its tax forms for individuals and business to either show that they are purchasing/providing health insurance coverage, instructions on paying the fine if not in compliance, and the same sort of collection services they engage in now.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2013, 05:18:23 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 15, 2013, 04:43:48 PM

Oh wait...the IRS targeted Democratic groups too?

Like I mentioned earlier, what scares me the most in these cases is if a list of donors was demanded, as well as other financial data unrelated to the process of acquiring tax exempt status.   No matter who's targeted, it's wrong.  On that we all agree.  However, no one has even said Obama should be impeached over this, let alone that this was a directive from the White House...well, other than Eco and other fringe extremists.  However, don't try to imply that as he'll tell you you're not understanding him correctly.  Right before saying just that, of course.   icon_lol
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:24:55 PM by hepcat » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2013, 06:55:24 PM »

From this article:

Organizations are eligible for tax-exempt status if they are "social welfare groups", but they are not eligible for that status if they engage in a substantial amount of political activity.

Wait...so Tea Party groups want to be seen as "Social Welfare groups" for tax purposes?  Let the irony of that sink in for a moment...

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »

All I know is, when Obama comes up for reelection, he is totally screwed.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »

icon_lol

you DO realize that right now Eco is slapping himself on the back and congratulating himself for successfully fighting against a third term for Obama, right?

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2013, 01:41:18 AM »

IRS commissioner sacked.  Good response.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2013, 01:44:50 AM »

Sacked usually means fired. He resigned.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2013, 02:00:40 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 16, 2013, 01:44:50 AM

Sacked usually means fired. He resigned.

Well it sounds like higher ups "requested" that he resign. Which is pretty much like getting fired.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2013, 02:04:47 AM »

From the article:

The president said that he expected the IRS to act with even higher levels of integrity than other government agencies and that, to that end, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew had sought and accepted Miller's resignation

So he was basically told to resign, which is the same thing (to me) as getting canned.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2013, 02:10:26 AM »

Seeing as the role is filled by a presidential appointment, the request of the Treasury Secretary has no direct power, as there's nothing he could do in response to a refusal.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2013, 02:20:14 AM »

Then I guess it's a good thing he didn't refuse?   icon_confused

I'm not really seeing the issue here.  Everyone wanted someone to be held accountable and they got it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:21:56 AM by Gratch » Logged

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2013, 03:43:59 PM »

Another question for curiosity's sake... In the event that unquestionable proof comes to light that the IRS scandal came from the WH, would you consider that an impeachable offense?

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »

Didn't the IRS' IG report that come out yesterday provide unquestionable proof that this didn't come from the WH?  I've only seen the Cliffs Notes version...it's entirely possible I misunderstood.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2013, 03:55:13 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 16, 2013, 03:43:59 PM

Another question for curiosity's sake... In the event that unquestionable proof comes to light that the IRS scandal came from the WH, would you consider that an impeachable offense?

Would you apologize for being wrong and agree to give this administration the benefit of the doubt in the future if unquestionable proof the WH had nothing to do with the IRS scandal comes to light?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:57:03 PM by hepcat » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2013, 04:15:08 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 16, 2013, 03:55:13 PM

...if unquestionable proof the WH had nothing to do with the IRS scandal comes to light?

My guess is that no such thing could ever exist in the Eco-verse.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2013, 05:26:45 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 16, 2013, 04:15:08 PM

Quote from: hepcat on May 16, 2013, 03:55:13 PM

...if unquestionable proof the WH had nothing to do with the IRS scandal comes to light?

My guess is that no such thing could ever exist in the Eco-verse.

But Eco-Logic is a man of his word.  icon_wink

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »

Sure I would.

Without these 3 scandals, this President was already doing a poor job.  These just pile on his list of reprehensible actions during his time in office.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 16, 2013, 03:43:59 PM

No. Presidents have been abusing power since the beginning to go after their enemies. Why would it matter this time.  If it breaks out into a full blown scandal, a bunch of people will take a fall, Obama will be smudged, continue his presidency and the world keeps turning.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 16, 2013, 05:31:48 PM

Sure I would.

Without these 3 scandals, this President was already doing a poor job.  These just pile on his list of reprehensible actions during his time in office.

So "no" then.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2013, 02:01:30 AM »

Even Peggy Noonan and Chris (thrill up my leg) Matthews have started criticizing O.   Lol what a disaster.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2013, 02:56:29 AM »

Yeah, but not for who you're hoping.   Disaster indeed.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: