http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 06:47:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: West: President Obama Wants Americans To 'Be His Slave'; so does Social Security  (Read 339 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2012, 08:15:49 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/allen-west-president-obama-wants-americans-to-be-his-slave_n_1643769.html

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) can't seem to stay out of the spotlight, for better or for worse.

During a Sunday rally with constituents in a newly drawn district he wants to represent, West accused President Barack Obama of wanting to enslave the American public.

"He does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning, and having that title of American," West said, according to a WPTV report. "He'd rather you be his slave."

West is running against Martin County Sheriff Bob Crowder in the Republican primary, set for Aug. 14. The WPTV report quotes Crowder saying he is "offended" by the things that come out of West's mouth.

"I think trying to label some people that he would have to work with in Congress as being Communists ... I just think that's the wrong thing to do," Crowder said.

Allen West:  the gift that keeps on giving.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:37:40 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 01:38:19 AM »

next up, social security!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/08/allen-west-social-security-slavery_n_1657393.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on Sunday called Social Security "a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

Responding to a question about the increase of Americans getting Social Security benefits, he said, "that is an unfortunate consequence of failing economic policies coming from the president so that now when people are running out of the unemployment benefits, now they are looking toward going on Social Security disability… so once again we are creating the sense of economic dependence, which to me is a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

This isn't the first time he's compared U.S. social programs to slavery. Last week, he said that President Obama "does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning, and having that title of American ... he'd rather you be his slave."

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »

saywhat

How in the hell do you even arrive at these conclusions?  What's wrong with this guy?!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 06:44:24 PM »

I work in Martin County, where West's new district is. The county is heavily Republican, and will eat up everything he has to say. Actually, his comments aren't surprising to me because I hear versions of this stuff every week.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:32:02 PM »

I, for one, look forward to becoming a Social Security slave.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »

And this is why I'm glad to be out of the South.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: