http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 12:10:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WAZ 7/3/14  (Read 1127 times)
Zekester
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2014, 01:38:54 PM »

Gay Pride Whopper in SF?
Really, BK? You're my favorite burger joint, and I have been eating those new BBQ burgers almost on a daily basis. But i'm done with BK now, unless they balance this shit out and release some sort of conservative-leaning food item  icon_confused

Immigrant children from south of the border?
Fine, but do it legally. And make voter ID a federal mandate. Or, if my tax dollars are being used, then i'd be all for just taking some of these countries over and making them better places to live so the people dont want to leave. Plus, there would be some return on the investment from any of the country's resources.

IRS needs slapped down bad. You all wouldn't like it if/when it's the other way around.

Israel.
You're handling it the right way, as usual  thumbsup

And on a side-note, Moo-chele Nobama, you're all for getting us to eat better? First, mind your own freaking business, and second, how about starting with welfare recipients being the first ones forced to eat only what you feel is "good"

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:55:19 PM »

What the hell, I'm bored this morning.

Quote from: Zekester on July 03, 2014, 01:38:54 PM

Gay Pride Whopper in SF?
Really, BK? You're my favorite burger joint, and I have been eating those new BBQ burgers almost on a daily basis. But i'm done with BK now, unless they balance this shit out and release some sort of conservative-leaning food item  icon_confused

I'm pretty sure you can get a GETYOURFUCKINGHANDSOFFMYGUNS Burger at most places in Texas these days.

Or, if my tax dollars are being used, then i'd be all for just taking some of these countries over and making them better places to live so the people dont want to leave.

Of course you would.  Because "taking over a country" is always such a simple and easy process, right?

IRS needs slapped down bad. You all wouldn't like it if/when it's the other way around.

Care to expand on why you think this?

And on a side-note, Moo-chele Nobama, you're all for getting us to eat better? First, mind your own freaking business, and second, how about starting with welfare recipients being the first ones forced to eat only what you feel is "good"

Huh, I must have missed the new federal law personally sponsored by the First Lady requiring everyone to eat healthy food.  BTW, and have you ever tried to buy healthy food on a small grocery budget?  That shit's expensive.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 01:57:39 PM »

You see what I have to put up with at home?  Zeke is a self loathing homosexual who still refuses to admit we're legally allowed to get married now.   crybaby

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 02:02:35 PM »

I'm sorry that there's no straight guy burger for you to purchase.  I know how hard your struggles have been with your 'chosen' orientation, what with you being targeted by law enforcement for persecution, being denied equal protection under the law, and having your orientation designated as a mental disorder.

The president is currently seeking to expedite the return of illegal immigrant children.  But that doesn't fit the outrage narrative.

Voter ID a federal mandate? I thought conservatives were all about state's rights and the sanctity of the 10th Amendment.  And where is the landslide of voter fraud cases that we're supposed to be seeing?  If Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott can't find more than 26 cases in a state of 26 million, it must be a huge problem.  

Get the fuck over yourself.  

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 02:24:32 PM »

Topics from past WAZ posts:

Why do we allow the choice of "white meat" when talking about chicken in restaurants or grocery stores?  White people are NOT chicken!  We're a brave lot!

What's with all this talk of a "Castle Doctrine"?  What kind of liberal plot is this?  Only castles can have doctors now?!?!

Who invented IQ tests and why don't they include a section on NASCAR?!?!

Fucking Magnets, How Do They Work???
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:04:31 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on July 03, 2014, 02:02:35 PM

I'm sorry that there's no straight guy burger for you to purchase.  I know how hard your struggles have been with your 'chosen' orientation, what with you being targeted by law enforcement for persecution, being denied equal protection under the law, and having your orientation designated as a mental disorder.

The president is currently seeking to expedite the return of illegal immigrant children.  But that doesn't fit the outrage narrative.

Voter ID a federal mandate? I thought conservatives were all about state's rights and the sanctity of the 10th Amendment.  And where is the landslide of voter fraud cases that we're supposed to be seeing?  If Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott can't find more than 26 cases in a state of 26 million, it must be a huge problem.  

Get the fuck over yourself.  

How I typically picture Isgrimnur:

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 02:44:39 PM »

icon_lol

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 03:41:19 PM »

What is WAZ?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 03:44:17 PM »

"World According to Zeke" I'd imagine.  That or "Who Am Zeke?" which would imply an existential crisis in his life.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 03:46:57 PM »

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 03:53:47 PM »

I predict this thread goes from amusing to awesome once Fireball jumps in.

I also wonder how much bacon a super straight conservative burger would have on it. One thing's for sure it wouldn't have any secret sauce. The whole thing reminds me of this scene from Bruno:

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can get a GETYOURFUCKINGHANDSOFFMYGUNS Burger at most places in Texas these days.

well, since this latest one is GETYOURFUCKINGHANDSONMYGUN, i'd be ok with it.

Of course you would.  Because "taking over a country" is always such a simple and easy process, right?

perhaps easier than dealing with this immigration mess

Care to expand on why you think this?

you mean, besides the specific targeting of conservatives/conservative groups?

Huh, I must have missed the new federal law personally sponsored by the First Lady requiring everyone to eat healthy food.  BTW, and have you ever tried to buy healthy food on a small grocery budget?  That shit's expensive.

Ya, I missed that one too. Except for what our kids can eat in schools, huh?

Isgrimnur.....nah, im not even gonna bother  icon_cool

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 04:18:09 PM »

I found a restaurant for Zeke:

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 04:22:58 PM »

How about this burger, it's southern Fried chicken, with a beer burger and a side of PBR. Now that's just about as conservative as they come:

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 04:33:28 PM »

Nah, it has to be a BK burger

It's all about fairness and equality.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »

The idea that you can type that with a straight face...

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »

I like how you worked "straight" into that reply to keep him from panicking.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 05:26:47 PM »

Zeke, they're trying to do you a service by labelling the burgers that came from gay cows.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 05:34:09 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on July 03, 2014, 01:38:54 PM

And make voter ID a federal mandate.

Have you investigated about how this will severely limit the poor's ability to vote?  Keep in mind that though they are poor, they are Muricans!

Or, if my tax dollars are being used, then i'd be all for just taking some of these countries over and making them better places to live so the people dont want to leave. Plus, there would be some return on the investment from any of the country's resources.

You're kidding right? This is a troll?

IRS needs slapped down bad.
  Agreed

how about starting with welfare recipients being the first ones forced to eat only what you feel is "good"

Please explain why you brought the poor into this again.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on July 03, 2014, 04:12:00 PM

you mean, besides the specific targeting of conservatives/conservative groups?

Holy shit, this is still a thing even after being thoroughly debunked at every turn?  

Ya, I missed that one too. Except for what our kids can eat in schools, huh?

Since childhood obesity isn't a problem at all in this county, damn her for trying to provide some healthy food options!

I swear, if Michelle Obama publicly came out in support of oxygen, a million conservative wingnuts would immediately asphyxiate on sheer principle.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:15:46 PM by Gratch » Logged

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »

Have you investigated about how this will severely limit the poor's ability to vote?

the poor have no problem attaining a drivers license, in most instances. and even if it's a big problem, i'd be all for offering them assistance to get it. just as long as they got it. lets remove any possibility of fraud out of the voting process. why is that a bad thing?

You're kidding right?

of course its an extreme idea, but is it really that bad of one? at the rate of some country's population exodus there'll be no one left there anyway.

Please explain why you brought the poor into this again.

welfare recipients are accepting gov't money, so they should have to adhere to govt rules. lets start there with 'good food mandates' and see how it works out.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 08:22:57 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on July 03, 2014, 08:00:19 PM

Have you investigated about how this will severely limit the poor's ability to vote?

the poor have no problem attaining a drivers license, in most instances. and even if it's a big problem, i'd be all for offering them assistance to get it. just as long as they got it. lets remove any possibility of fraud out of the voting process. why is that a bad thing?

Yep, no problems at all.  (Fireball had an excellent breakdown of this a while back as well, but my search skills are failing me.  Maybe it was over at OO.)

Ten states now have unprecedented restrictive voter ID laws. Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin all require citizens to produce specific types of government-issued photo identification before they can cast a vote that will count. Legal precedent requires these states to provide free photo ID to eligible voters who do not have one.

Unfortunately, these free IDs are not equally accessible to all voters. This report is the first comprehensive assessment of the difficulties that eligible voters face in obtaining free photo ID.

The 11 percent of eligible voters who lack the required photo ID must travel to a designated government office to obtain one. Yet many citizens will have trouble making this trip. In the 10 states with restrictive voter ID laws:

Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
    More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
    1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
    Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. But only four months in 2012 — February, May, August, and October — have five Wednesdays. In other states — Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas — many part-time ID-issuing offices are in the rural regions with the highest concentrations of people of color and people in poverty.

More than 1 million eligible voters in these states fall below the federal poverty line and live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. These voters may be particularly affected by the significant costs of the documentation required to obtain a photo ID. Birth certificates can cost between $8 and $25. Marriage licenses, required for married women whose birth certificates include a maiden name, can cost between $8 and $20. By comparison, the notorious poll tax — outlawed during the civil rights era — cost $10.64 in current dollars.

The result is plain: Voter ID laws will make it harder for hundreds of thousands of poor Americans to vote. They place a serious burden on a core constitutional right that should be universally available to every American citizen.

This November, restrictive voter ID states will provide 127 electoral votes — nearly half of the 270 needed to win the presidency. Therefore, the ability of eligible citizens without photo ID to obtain one could have a major influence on the outcome of the 2012 election.

And this one,

of course its an extreme idea, but is it really that bad of one?

At every conceivable level.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 08:25:21 PM »

I'm all for keeping Zeke posting, god knows I am.  But expending more than one sentence at a time on him is just a waste.  More than that and it's like trying to explain a combustible engine to a sofa cushion.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 08:30:43 PM »

welfare recipients are accepting gov't money, so they should have to adhere to govt rules. lets start there with 'good food mandates' and see how it works out.

Zekester is outraged that government-funded school lunch programs are being required to offer healthier food, one meal a day, during the school year.  He wants the government to mind its own business.

Instead, he wants the government to establish an entirely new program to monitor the eating habits of welfare recipients, 24-hours a day, all year round.  

If anyone asks why hepcat looks forward to Zekester's posts so much, I'll know where to send them.

-Autistic Angel
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 09:03:30 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 03, 2014, 08:22:57 PM

Yep, no problems at all.  (Fireball had an excellent breakdown of this a while back as well, but my search skills are failing me.  Maybe it was over at OO.)

I'd also like to point out that every attempt Republicans have made to demonstrate the existence of voter fraud has instead proven the exact opposite.  South Carolina spent eighteen months investigating allegations of 900 "zombie voters" casting ballots from beyond the grave, and found nothing suspicious in all but five cases.

In another instance, Republicans once claimed there were upwards of 180,000 illegal voters just in the state of Florida.  The results of the state's 9-month long investigation?  Two suspicious cases, only one of which was actionable.

Even if every person in the country had the time, money, and personal documentation to acquire a voter ID card, there would still be no reason to force the issue because voter fraud is statistically non-existent.  If anyone has a commendable reason why Republicans continue to press for draconian new laws anyway, I would still like to hear it.

-Autistic Angel
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 11:56:13 PM »

Zeke is trying to hard.

It's far more amusing that people are even bothering to try to counter his points. You really think Zeke reads past the first line?
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 01:42:19 AM »

I posted this on OO but I guess I should have posted it here as well.

It's called Shooters Grill and it is located in Rifle, Colo., so naturally, the waitresses pack heat.

The burger joint, about 180 miles west of Denver, embraces the firearms theme with menu items like the "M16 burrito," "Smith & Wesson Grilled Cheese" and "Locked and Loaded Nachos." The salt and pepper shakers are made from shotgun shells. But the biggest Second Amendment statement is in the guns waitresses carry, including the Rueger Blackhawk .357 Ashlee Saenz sports.

Owner Lauren Boebert, 27, started the trend when she began carrying a pistol shortly after opening the restaurant a year ago.

"I started open-carrying maybe a month after we opened just because I am a woman in business and I was there early hours and late nights," Boebert said. "There was a man beaten to death in the alley behind my restaurant last year. It was very unfortunate."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/02/waitresses-pack-heat-at-colorado-burger-joint/

High five!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2014, 01:52:11 AM »

All those guns and  not one person was able save a guy from getting beat to death right outside?  So much for the "Waaah, we need 'em to defend ourselves" excuse.   icon_twisted

Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 01:59:05 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 04, 2014, 01:52:11 AM

All those guns and  not one person was able save a guy from getting beat to death right outside?  So much for the "Waaah, we need 'em to defend ourselves" excuse.   icon_twisted

The way she says it was very unfortunate that perhaps she had beat him to death.

ninja2
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2014, 03:25:03 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 03, 2014, 05:26:47 PM

Zeke, they're trying to do you a service by labelling the burgers that came from gay cows.
I would just like to note for the record that this made me lolz.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 03:47:12 AM »

Quote from: Lee on July 03, 2014, 11:56:13 PM

It's far more amusing that people are even bothering to try to counter his points. You really think Zeke reads past the first line?

No.  It's actually more an exercise in preparation for my real-life relatives who actually spout many of the same ridiculous talking points that he does.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 12:34:15 PM »

Quote from: Rip on July 04, 2014, 01:42:19 AM

It's called Shooters Grill and it is located in Rifle, Colo., so naturally, the waitresses pack heat.

The burger joint, about 180 miles west of Denver, embraces the firearms theme with menu items like the "M16 burrito," "Smith & Wesson Grilled Cheese" and "Locked and Loaded Nachos." The salt and pepper shakers are made from shotgun shells. But the biggest Second Amendment statement is in the guns waitresses carry, including the Rueger Blackhawk .357 Ashlee Saenz sports.

Owner Lauren Boebert, 27, started the trend when she began carrying a pistol shortly after opening the restaurant a year ago.

"I started open-carrying maybe a month after we opened just because I am a woman in business and I was there early hours and late nights," Boebert said. "There was a man beaten to death in the alley behind my restaurant last year. It was very unfortunate."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/02/waitresses-pack-heat-at-colorado-burger-joint/

High five!

Big difference when it's the establishment doing it rather than the patrons doing it in a place where the establishment has requested people not to.

Either way, walking around a target, wendy's, gas station, whatever visibly armed just to do it has nothing to do with the right to bear arms.  It's just morons trying to show how 'counter culture' they are. That's right. They're the nouveau hipster.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »

Well, I would say redneck hip, but yeah, I agree with you.

Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2014, 12:16:18 AM »

Quote from: ATB on July 04, 2014, 12:34:15 PM

Quote from: Rip on July 04, 2014, 01:42:19 AM

High five!

Big difference when it's the establishment doing it rather than the patrons doing it in a place where the establishment has requested people not to.

Either way, walking around a target, wendy's, gas station, whatever visibly armed just to do it has nothing to do with the right to bear arms.  It's just morons trying to show how 'counter culture' they are. That's right. They're the nouveau hipster.

I wasn't talking about the guns. I was talking about the menu items with gun themed names. That is the conservative leaning food items that Zeke was looking for.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »

This comment on an article about the lunch program flap quite amused me.

Betty Ford: Let's curb the stigma of alcoholism.

Dems: OK.

GOP: What a courageous woman.

Rosalyn Carter: We must address mental health issues.

GOP:  Commie!

Nancy Reagan:  Let's address drug abuse.

GOP: What a courageous woman.

Barbara Bush: Let's address literacy issues.

Dems:  OK.

GOP:  What a courageous woman.

Hillary Clinton: We need to address healthcare issues.

GOP:  Commie!

Laura Bush:  Reading is important.

Dems:  Can we start with your husb...never mind, OK.

GOP:  What a courageous woman.

Michelle Obama:  Our children need to eat healthier.

Dems:  OK.

GOP.  Commie!

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2014, 01:02:31 AM »

Even during a time of such divisive politics, getting upset with the First Lady for trying to introduce healthier meals into our school system just baffles me with its idiocy.  People are really angry that she wants kids to eat better when child obesity has become an epidemic in this country?  Amazing.  You have to be a special kind of nut job to find that upsetting.

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on July 03, 2014, 03:53:47 PM

I predict this thread goes from amusing to awesome once Fireball jumps in.

Meh. Low-class, gay-hating troll posts a low-class trolling tirade that includes anti-gay nonsense. Boring.

Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2014, 04:33:48 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 07, 2014, 01:02:31 AM

Even during a time of such divisive politics, getting upset with the First Lady for trying to introduce healthier meals into our school system just baffles me with its idiocy.  People are really angry that she wants kids to eat better when child obesity has become an epidemic in this country?  Amazing.  You have to be a special kind of nut job to find that upsetting.

I would agree were it not for that it seems many of the kids would rather not eat than to eat the crap they are trying to feed them. Better they eat less healthy food than to elect to not eat at all.

Even groups originally in favor of these standards have now turned against them. One of these groups is the School Nutrition Association, which represents school cafeteria workers. Of course, they are in favor of getting kids to eat healthier, but the real problem here is that they have seen many districts losing money as a direct result of these new Michelle Obama initiated standards. The basic fact is that students simply aren’t buying these lunches. I suppose that is a side effect when you make their lunches, “taste like vomit,” according to some actual students.

Since the first round of these new standards first went into effect in 2012, more than 1 million fewer students are eating lunch at school each day. This is stark contrast to decades of steadily increasing participation among students, according to an association spokeswoman. A second round of new rules has just taken effect as of July 1, which even includes new standards for breakfast in schools.

http://downtrend.com/jrc410/michelle-obamas-school-lunches-lead-to-1-million-fewer-kids-eating/
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:41:20 PM by Rip » Logged
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »

You gotta be kidding me.  I thought you were a parent?  Do you routinely tell your children to eat their veggies...but only if they want to!

Of course kids don't want to eat healthy.  That's been true for...well...ever.   Name me one kid that doesn't want to go straight to desert at dinner and skip the broccoli? 

The answer isn't to say "Oh well, better you eat huge chunks of lard than nothing at all!".  It's to say "This is what you're getting.  Eat it or go hungry until you get home." 

Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2014, 05:13:34 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 07, 2014, 04:41:42 PM

You gotta be kidding me.  I thought you were a parent?  Do you routinely tell your children to eat their veggies...but only if they want to!

Of course kids don't want to eat healthy.  That's been true for...well...ever.   Name me one kid that doesn't want to go straight to desert at dinner and skip the broccoli? 

The answer isn't to say "Oh well, better you eat huge chunks of lard than nothing at all!".  It's to say "This is what you're getting.  Eat it or go hungry until you get home." 

Then you solve nothing. Not eating isn't any healthier.

Kids that don't eat also don't learn very well. I am far more concerned with the education my kids get in school than what they eat while they are there.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: