http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 12:43:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video of New Mexico man shooting horse in head sparks outrage  (Read 432 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2013, 12:45:42 AM »

An employee of a southeastern New Mexico slaughterhouse has posted a video online showing him fatally shooting a horse in the head.

That has sparked outrage among animal activists and led to death-threat calls to the Roswell meat company, which is working with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to get a horse slaughter plant in the area.

A maintenance contractor with Valley Meat Co. is shown in the video bringing a horse out of its pen, swearing at activists and then killing the horse with a single gunshot, KOB-TV reported Thursday.

Rick De Los Santos, a part-owner of Valley Meat Co., said he has been slammed with hate calls and death threats since the video hit the Internet.
"I didn't have anything to do with that video. That's the honest truth," De Los Santos said.

De Los Santos said the contract worker, Tim Sappington, shot the video on his own time and at his own home.

"He shot a horse. That's what he eats. It's not against the law to slaughter your own horse," De Los Santos said. "Now, putting it on YouTube, I would not have done that."
 Last year, De Los Santos sued the USDA to resume the inspections necessary to open what would be the nation's first new horse slaughterhouse in more than five years.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/22/video-new-mexico-man-shooting-horse-in-head-sparks-outrage/?intcmp=obnetwork

Wasn't even aware it was legal in the United States. Mixed feelings on a horse slaughter house.. though ultimately I guess if the animal is used for food it's not a whole lot different than slaughtering a cow or a pig, IMO.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:44:08 PM »

NPR had a piece recently on horse meat in other countries.  In some ares, it's considered a delicacy and takes front and center in the butcher's shop over beef and poultry.  I'm not saying I would ever do it (I grew up on a horse farm, so I doubt I could ever do such a thing just because they're more like pets to me.), but it's not something frowned upon outside our country.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:06:08 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 01:51:46 PM »

I don't see a big deal in eating horse (not watching the video, thanks).  But it should be labeled as horse...
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 25, 2013, 01:51:46 PM

I don't see a big deal in eating horse (not watching the video, thanks).  But it should be labeled as horse...

of course, of course...

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 04:41:16 PM »

This guy is a fucking piece of shit.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:13:20 AM »

I watched the video, and while my opinion is still the same, the guy who shot the horse seems like he got a kick out of doing it. The way he brought the horse out and even petted it before killing it, really makes me think there's something wrong with him.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: