http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 10:03:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verbal Flub = Inability to Lead a Nation? Oh the Irony  (Read 1854 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »

Obama said his uncle liberated Auschwitz.

It was actually Buchenwald.

The RNC's response?

In a statement released earlier Tuesday, Republican National Committee spokesman Alex Conant said Obama's comments "raise questions about his judgment and his readiness to lead as commander in chief."

He misspoke and now he's got no judgement and is unready to lead a country? Helloooo! Remember GWB? slywink 

Edit: bahhhh.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 10:20:25 PM by ATB » Logged
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »

If mangling or completely forgetting the names of foreign countries or leaders makes you unfit to be the president then how did GWB manage to do it for the past 8 years?
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 11:45:36 PM »

Did they say anything about Hillary's comments on Obama's assignation?

PSN ID: EduardoX
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 03:13:29 AM »

Forget Bush, McCain has made a series of mistakes linking Iran and Al Qaeda in Iraq - it takes a lot of gall to call Obama on something like that.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 03:20:11 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 28, 2008, 03:13:29 AM

Forget Bush, McCain has made a series of mistakes linking Iran and Al Qaeda in Iraq - it takes a lot of gall to call Obama on something like that.
Are they mistakes when you lie on purpose?

PSN ID: EduardoX
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 03:46:38 AM »

That Iran and Al Qaeda were working together in Iraq?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 11:26:39 AM »

Quote from: CSL on May 28, 2008, 03:46:38 AM

That Iran and Al Qaeda were working together in Iraq?

Correct - there is actually video where Joe Lieberman has to whisper in his ear during a press conference to correct him.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »

It's called politics, and it occurs on both sides of the aisle.
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 12:32:04 PM »

Yep, and it only sticks if people keep talking about it.  The Republicans don't believe that any more than Democrats believe that Mccain had an illicit affair, but that doesn't stop either story from hitting the news cycles and having those with bias cast "doubting" looks in either candidate's direction.
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 06:13:29 PM »

The Republican Party is on life support and this is the best they can do huh?  It's sad really. 
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »

Quote from: deadzone on May 28, 2008, 06:13:29 PM

The Republican Party is on life support and this is the best they can do huh?  It's sad really. 

I bet the election is much closer than we think it's gonna be.  The repubs were on life support when Kerry was running too...

Of course Obama is no Kerry.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 08:39:51 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on May 27, 2008, 11:45:36 PM

Did they say anything about Hillary's comments on Obama's assignation?

Which assignment were you talking about?   icon_lol

Quote from: Deadzone

Sadly, thanks to Hillary, the Democratic Party is in worse shape for the general election imho.  She's having a ball ripping down the house.
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »

The republican party in general is crumbling IMHO.  It doesn't matter if we elect McCain or not, the entire party is in decline.  They seem to stand for nothing but corruption in a majority of people's minds. 
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 08:56:36 PM »

Bush shoulders the lion's share of that blame. Between the secretive cover-ups, the failed post-war strategy, the spending like a drunken sailor, etc. etc. he almost single-handedly destroyed everything the party was known for - foreign relations, strong defense, fiscal conservatism, etc. etc. On top of this he kowtowed to the religious right at every opportunity, pushing an extreme right social agenda.

I think McCain takes a huge step in the right direction for the party, but I think he's inheriting such a horrible legacy that it's going to be a tough uphill climb. It will take years to undo the damage W has wrought.

I'm not voting for Obama - I don't believe the fix for one extreme is to go to the other extreme. But at this point, I'll take just about anything that will scrub the taste of Bush out of the public's mouth.

I do agree it will be a closer race than a lot of people think.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 08:58:29 PM by YellowKing » Logged
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 09:12:13 PM »

I agree that Mccain is light years better than Bush.  Of course, one could almost say that's being damned by faint praise.  Still, I like the idea of "fiscal responsiblity" married to a less conservative social agenda.  Unfortunately, I think that either Mccain is in a position where he has to accommodate social conservatives a little more than he might, or his social agenda is still significantly right of where I want my President to be.  That's the decision threshhold of who I'd vote for: the one negative factor that tips the scales so far the other way that there's no reasonable chance at recovery, and therefore Mccain loses that choice against either Obama or Clinton.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: