http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 08:13:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford - the Pure Embodiment of Political Nonsense!  (Read 1621 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2013, 02:24:44 AM »

I'm surprised there isn't a thread here yet, because I know his antics and rantings are the subject of a lot of ridicule on late night talk shows in the USA. It seems Mayor Ford has taken it again to all new level, this time being caught on video ranting uncontrollably and actually shouting out, "I need fing 10 minutes to make sure hes dead." For a public figure, this guy takes the cake for truly asshatish conduct.

Here's the latest video released by the Toronto Star

Just in case anyone needs some catching up on the story. A news story started circulating about 6 months ago that Mayor Ford was caught on video smoking crack. Of course he vehemently denied it until the actual video resurfaced a week or 2 ago. I'd love to give a link to it but apparently it's been pulled from the Internet.

That prompted this statement by the Mayor in this press conference a few days ago

Wow, just wow! A public figure of this high a profile admitting to smoking crack, a drug that's seriously addictive and the wrecker of many peoples lives.  The Mayor doesn't think anything he's done warrants him stepping down and blames it all on just bad choices while being in a "drunken stupor."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:49:25 AM by kronovan » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:34:29 AM »

Two words. Marion Barry.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:41:48 AM »

I like this take better.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 02:50:01 AM »

Ha ha.  icon_biggrin   I saw that Tomo video and almost linked it, but I was too busy looking for a link to the real deal. There's another video from an Asian source that has Mayor Ford with cages containing Crack Babies - that one's a bit harder hitting.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:53:33 AM by kronovan » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 02:55:07 AM »

just a side note:  Are you sure that the pic is from the original video? It looks like it was taken from this video.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 04:49:09 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2013, 02:55:07 AM

just a side note:  Are you sure that the pic is from the original video? It looks like it was taken from this video.

I thought it was a legit picture, but I visited so many sites trying to find the actual crack smoking video that I may have linked one that wasn't. I'm going to remove it just in case it's a fake.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 05:21:34 AM »

It is a fake. There's no way Ford is that thin.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 05:34:48 AM »

is his head that huge though?  my god.... Its a virtual planetoid and it has its own weather system!

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 06:28:00 AM »

Well...as I was saying all along until he admitted his crack smoking - with that body build, you just know he's concealing elicit stuff inside there.  icon_twisted
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 07:20:53 AM »

I can't watch anything of this guy without cracking up, he makes me think of Chris Farley too much.

It isn't enough that he looks like him but it seems everything he does looks like it could come right out of one of his skits.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:43:23 AM »

How does a man like that have a rage fit like that and NOT have a heart attack?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2013, 05:34:48 AM

is his head that huge though?  my god.... It’s a virtual planetoid and it has it’s own weather system!
Like an orange on a toothpick.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 08, 2013, 12:29:23 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2013, 05:34:48 AM

is his head that huge though?  my god.... It’s a virtual planetoid and it has it’s own weather system!
Like an orange on a toothpick.

I'm not kidding, that guy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts!

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 05:53:13 PM »

I know if seen his head in a video game; not sure which one, just sure I've seen it.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 05:59:02 PM »

How does a guy like this even get elected? His personality seems to be revolting from the interviews I have seen and he looks like someone I wouldn't even allow to pump gas into my car, let alone elect for any major office. Was he thin and charismatic at some point?
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 06:11:50 PM »

Yet since this controversy his approval rating has actually risen.   retard

His family is well established in greater Toronto, so that's no doubt part of it. His father was the founder and owner of Deco Labels and Tags which rakes in around a 100 million a year and was also a Member of the Ontario Legislative Assembly, which is the equivalent of state Legislatures or General Assemblies in the USA.  So yeah I guess you could say he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth - a very big silver spoon overflowing with cake and ice cream.   icon_twisted
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »

wow, this explains a recent Least I Could Do comic:

the guys who write and draw it are from Canada.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 06:33:35 PM »

As much as I see some humor in all of this and that comic, it's also why I want Ford to do the right thing and step down and failing that get the boot. Its' one thing to be caught consuming a drug like marijuana, which has a lot of support in most Canadian cities from the electorate and research for decriminalization/legalization, but crack is a whole other burning enchilada.  Not to mention that Ford is admitting to doing it while under a drunken stupor induced by alcohol - another very dangerous drug. IMO young people don't need to see people in supposedly respectable positions of power consuming a drug which is really dangerous. Although to be honest, I'm not even sure if it's possible in Toronto to impeach a mayor. I know it is here in Vancouver, but we have a different civic system.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:36:55 PM by kronovan » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 09:25:53 PM »

I'd be more concerned about that "seemingly random" club shooting of a supposed drug dealer in connection with Mr. Ford.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 10:29:24 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 08, 2013, 09:25:53 PM

I'd be more concerned about that "seemingly random" club shooting of a supposed drug dealer in connection with Mr. Ford.

I hadn't heard about that one - not that I'd be surprised if something like that proved to be true. Any chance you can post the link to that story.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 11:17:30 PM »

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 11:28:19 PM »

wow.. Google pics is like a treasure trove for pics of this guy to caption:

Because I can,
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 04:00:59 AM »

Quote from: Lee on November 08, 2013, 05:59:02 PM

How does a guy like this even get elected? His personality seems to be revolting from the interviews I have seen and he looks like someone I wouldn't even allow to pump gas into my car, let alone elect for any major office. Was he thin and charismatic at some point?

Why would his being thin at some point matter to anything here?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 04:48:29 AM »

Quote from: Lee on November 08, 2013, 05:59:02 PM

Basically he promised the suburbanites that if they voted for him he'd make it easy to drive. Building subways and cutting driving taxes and whatnot. Yes, people sold their city's soul for their car.

Ceekay those LOLfords are awesome.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 06:33:35 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on November 08, 2013, 10:29:24 PM

I hadn't heard about that one - not that I'd be surprised if something like that proved to be true. Any chance you can post the link to that story.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/guilty-plea-in-killing-of-man-linked-to-rob-ford-scandal-1.1380870

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 06:10:31 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 09, 2013, 06:33:35 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/guilty-plea-in-killing-of-man-linked-to-rob-ford-scandal-1.1380870

Wow! Thanks for posting the link Purge, that's some bad shit. Typically I'd say that if there's video footage or photos linking someone with as high a profile as Ford to it, it'll never surface or get disclosed. That said, if Ford keeps on refusing to step down I could see a betrayal happening.  I can't imagine the powers that be in the Ontario Conservatives, where Ford has strong connections,  are happy with his antics.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on November 09, 2013, 06:10:31 PM

Quote from: Purge on November 09, 2013, 06:33:35 AM

Wow! Thanks for posting the link Purge, that's some bad shit. Typically I'd say that if there's video footage or photos linking someone with as high a profile as Ford to it, it'll never surface or get disclosed. That said, if Ford keeps on refusing to step down I could see a betrayal happening.  I can't imagine the powers that be in the Ontario Conservatives, where Ford has strong connections,  are happy with his antics.

I'm sure the federal conservatives are happy about this - it takes focus away from their scandal(s).

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 12:25:53 AM »

lol. Yeah I guess that's one way of looking at it - does sort of shift a bit of the spotlight away from the 3 senators and their very creative expenses. Now that I'm thinking of that, I'd love to see Ford and Mike Duffy in a sumo wrestling match with bets being allowed for which one gets a heart attack 1st.    icon_eek
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:40:18 AM by kronovan » Logged
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 01:11:31 AM »

This is the most epic first lead of a news story I think I have ever read.
Mayor Rob Ford snorted cocaine, swilled vodka, popped a dose of Oxycontin and partied with an apparent prostitute during an all-night binge last year that raved from his office to a private room in a Toronto bar and back, according to allegations made by Ford staffers and bar employees to police investigating the mayor.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 01:15:10 AM »

Also I stole this from Broken Forum.

More here: http://stryvegroup.com/the-many-faces-of-rob-ford-featuring-baby-sinclair/
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »

oh yeah, avert your eyes biggrin

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 02:34:27 AM »

Here's another tasty tidbit (oh wait it's Toronto, maybe I should say Timbit) that came out of the Toronto Police document that was released today:

"Investigators say former staffer Chris Fickel told them he was driving in Ford's car when the mayor pulled over and drank a mickey of vodka along with Gatorade in about two minutes."

Hey I get, I get it. Note the inclusion of Gatorade - that was Ford's idea of a breakfast of champions.  icon_twisted

Love those baby pictures Canuck - very funny!  thumbsup
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 02:13:01 AM »

Looks like Ford has stooped to an all time low in terms of how high profile politicians interact with the media. His latest gaff - guess the missing 'P' word. This is his latest profane remark to media; a word that's been blooped and hyphened out in virtually every newscast and newspaper article:

"Oh and the last thing was, um, Olivia Gondek. It says that I wanted to eat her p_ _ _ y. Olivia Gondek, I've never said that in my life to her. I would never do that," he said, in comments that were broadcast live on television. "I'm happily married I've got more than enough to eat at home."

Can you guess the missing word ? Clue; it's the same word as a very common household pet. Wow, just absolutely.... WOW! TV script writers couldn't come up with better lines for a sitcom themed around a big, bad, corrupt city mayor that's lost his mind.   icon_twisted

Good lord, talk about a complete lack of emotional intelligence.
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 05:32:42 AM »

He could have meant cat. Now you know what happened to all those stray cats in Toronto.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 02:57:35 PM »

Is he saying his wife's p___y is too big and there always leftovers that there is no end to it, or is he suggesting he can't ever truly fill her p___y needs? saywhat

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm thinking the word is pie and Kronovan is using the olde Canadiane spelling "piey", which, as we all know was a common New Brunswick nickname for a tabby cat.

The woman on the far left looks like should could bake a mean pie. The one in the middle may actually bake pieys into her pie. (In PEI)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:00:35 PM by Purge » Logged

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »

This guy should get his own show!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 04:54:47 PM »

A belated lol to Purge and Ceekays' last posts.   icon_lol  Oh and a nice bit of Canadiana Purge.   icon_cool thumbsup

[Edit] BTW a Kuwait newspaper had a front page article about Ford's statement re. the Councilors taking away his Mayoralty powers was akin to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait.  I haven't seen a translation of the Arabic in that article, but I'd love to read one.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:57:37 PM by kronovan » Logged
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 07:41:42 PM »

On another note in the continuing saga, Ford's support seems to still be remarkably high. According to the latest poll he's at 42% which is about on par with his average since he was elected in 2010. I haven't got a palm big enough to slap to my forehead after reading that. I guess Ford is like the Toronto's hockey team from 2004-11; doesn't matter how crappy the product, some fans are still going to follow it like lemmings going over a cliff.   icon_twisted
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: