http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 01:41:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Smith Must Have Taken Lessons from Todd Akin  (Read 242 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2012, 03:00:44 AM »

The Republican candidate for Senate in Pennsylvania on Monday compared the decision to abort an unwanted pregnancy resulting from premarital sex to one conceived through rape as he defended his opposition to abortion in all cases.

Tom Smith, who is challenging Democratic Sen. Bob Casey, made the remark after being asked how he would argue to keep the baby if a daughter or granddaughter were to become pregnant as a result of rape. Smith said that his daughter went through "something similar" to rape: "Having a baby out of wedlock."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48807967#.UDwylKNKbAk

He does clarify later on, after the appearance:

Speaking to reporters after an appearance at the Pennsylvania Press Club, Smith said he did not condone rape but was categorically opposed to abortion under any circumstances, including rape or incest.

"I lived something similar to that with my own family, and she chose the life, and I commend her for that," Smith said, adding that his daughter was not raped. "She knew my views, but fortunately for me ... she chose the way I thought."

After comparing the decisions raised by rape and out-of-wedlock pregnancy, Smith was asked a follow-up question about whether the two were similar. He replied: "No, no, no, but, well, put yourself in a father's position. Yes, I mean, it is similar, this isn't, but I'm back to the original, I'm pro-life — period."

Asked to clarify, he said: "I'm not going to argue about the method of conception. It's a life, and I'm pro-life . It's that simple."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:20:07 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 06:19:05 AM »

The picture is so much sharper in black and white.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »

One wonders if he would have similarly commended her for making a courageous and personal decision, knowing how he thought,  to abort the baby.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: