http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 12:34:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This one's for the Conservatives  (Read 1457 times)
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »

I thought I would share a website that my boss sent me. He's extremely conservative. It reminds me of the Palin as President thread, but from the opposite side.

check it out You have to watch the video for the full effect. The scary part is that my boss believes that all of this will actually happen if Obama wins and he didn't send it to me as a joke.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 02:23:30 PM »

I lasted about a minute. That's painful.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 02:25:56 PM »

Yeah, I have a hard time believing that some of my fellow conservatives actually believe this stuff. It's sooooo over-the-top compared to what Obama supporters say about McCain. It's yet another in a long line of reasons why I can't pull the lever for McCain this year. The fear-mongering, slander, lies - it's just too much. I can't support that kind of behavior.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:26:12 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on October 22, 2008, 02:23:30 PM

I lasted about a minute. That's painful.

It's painful and funny from my perspective. But scary too because a lot of people believe everything in the video.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:53:39 PM »

Wow.  Just Wow.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »

That "newscast from the future" could have been set at any point, but it explicitly takes place on January 22nd, 2009.  Inauguration Day would have been on the 20th.

If Barack Obama is so incredibly powerful that he could ban all handguns, destroy the economy, annihilate all right-wing and religious media outlets, and start negotiating the surrender of the United States to terrorists within the first 48-hours of his presidency, just think of what he'll accomplish in his next 97 days if office! icon_surprised

-Autistic Angel
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »

Who does he surrender to?  Give the U.S, back to Britain or is it surrender to Al Queda so they can set their caliphate up here?  Or perhaps it is surrender to Satan himself...which then would be a good thing for most of the whack jobs because then the End Times they all long for would be here.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 05:42:04 PM »

Quote from: Jaddison on October 22, 2008, 05:09:53 PM

surrender to Satan himself...

That would be awesome.  I can imagine the backlash from that speech...
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »

You know, at least the Libs are clever in their satire. The Neo Cons are just bile spewing morons.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on October 22, 2008, 02:25:56 PM

It's sooooo over-the-top compared to what Obama supporters say about McCain. It's yet another in a long line of reasons why I can't pull the lever for McCain this year. The fear-mongering, slander, lies - it's just too much. I can't support that kind of behavior.
Oh come on now. The kool-aid drinkers are just as hard, if not harder, to deal with. Crazy idiots like this are easy to ignore. It's when you get normal people who should be intelligent thinking that Obama is the messiah that worries me.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 06:36:21 PM »

It's when you get normal people who should be intelligent thinking that Obama is the messiah that worries me.

See I have the opposite problem at work. I have normal people who should be intelligent thinking that Obama is a terrorist Muslim who is going to invite all the terrorists in to blow up everyone and then convert the rest of us into Muslims. Oh, he's also going to make it mandatory that we abort our first child.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on October 22, 2008, 06:36:21 PM

he's also going to make it mandatory that we abort our first child.

Doesn't everyone already?
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »

some of the funniest candidate satire came from... the candidates themselves

that charity dinner event last week was great and both mccain and obama had some hilarious moments - some if it was borderline awkward but for the most part it was comedy gold with nice deliveries on both their parts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: