http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 08:24:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Fun Pt. 4: Religion and Politics Edition (NSFW Warning)  (Read 1929 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »

Disclaimers:
The point of this thread is to post pictures that would normally go into the "This is Fun" thread were they not loaded with either religious or political controversy.

Some helpful reminders:
  • The context of these images may offend some.
  • The Code of Conduct is still to be followed.
  • The spirit of the R&P mantra (try not to be an ass about it) is also expected.
  • Should you wish to engage in lengthy conversations, post a new thread with the image (or link to the post) and take it elsewhere.
  • This thread is for PICTURES. TTIWWP.

Here's one Hispanic Gamer found that kicked it all off:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:59:33 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 06:20:08 PM »

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 06:42:26 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on July 26, 2011, 06:11:54 PM

She doesn't look bright, but she's got an alright body (for now).

Perhaps CeeKay can visit her in the recovery room.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 07:14:47 PM »

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »

Friggin' canada...

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »

Yep. We aren't just long, we're Thicke too.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »

You do not have the rights to the This is Fun branding. Only the legendary Paul Warning does.

I demand that this thread title be renamed.

Also, I think this thread is entirely unnecessary.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 01:45:41 PM »

as do I.  A little redundant.  And it proves that this subforum means it's place to bash others rather than talk about the events/ideas that goes on.  But I guess naming the subforum Political/Religious Nonsense encourages that.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »

Quote from: naednek on July 27, 2011, 01:45:41 PM

as do I.  A little redundant.  And it proves that this subforum means it's place to bash others rather than talk about the events/ideas that goes on.  But I guess naming the subforum Political/Religious Nonsense encourages that.

You're right, of course.  I sincerely apologize to Canada for reminding them about Alan Thicke.   icon_redface

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 11:00:25 PM »

Yeah, this is going to be a trainwreck.  Cue the holier than thou "can't you take a joke?" music now.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 01:27:23 PM »

Frankly, I'm enjoying the "this is going to be horrid" whining coming from admins and posters alike, so the thread has done its work.

Plus, it gives a place to toss R&P pics up that people think others may enjoy, and keeps down the same aforementioned whining in the TIF(part3) thread to a minimum.

Or, you know, this thread dies easily if you don't want to use it. Roll Eyes

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 02, 2011, 01:27:23 PM

Frankly, I'm enjoying the "this is going to be horrid" whining coming from admins and posters alike, so the thread has done its work.

Plus, it gives a place to toss R&P pics up that people think others may enjoy, and keeps down the same aforementioned whining in the TIF(part3) thread to a minimum.

Or, you know, this thread dies easily if you don't want to use it. Roll Eyes

Oh, I don't know, sometimes a person just plain enjoys watching a good ole trainwreck.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »

Its 78% of the reason we have Zeke. The other 22% is for motorcycle helmet awareness.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 08:03:35 PM »

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:08:38 PM by corruptrelic » Logged

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »

Where the white women at?

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 09:06:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 03, 2011, 08:50:30 PM

Where the white women at?

Locked up in your basement being forced to cook your dinners and do your laundry?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 12:02:18 AM »

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 06:54:29 AM »

Because I can,
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 01:23:39 PM »

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 07:27:44 PM »

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 04:13:16 AM »

So all religion is pure evil, populated entirely by illiterate fools and racist ones to boot?  Thank god for open minded folks who tell the truth as they see it and...wait a minute.

For a group of folks who believe they're the bastions of intelligence and religion their arch nemesis, they seem to not know their history all that well.  They should read up on the fact that many monasteries have actually been sanctuaries of knowledge in the past (google Irish Monasteries and the Dark Ages someday).  Contrary to what close minded writers such as the one above would have the world believe, there are actually numerous religions in the world, not just one.   icon_wink

Are there extremists?  There sure are.  But as the above quoted message shows, bigoted and small minded extremists exist everywhere.

p.s. While I do doubt the existence of God, I'm also not stupid enough to say that I know for sure.  Only an idiot or a douche does that.  In any case, if the belief in a higher power gives even one second of solace to a terminally ill paitent, a parent who's recently lost a child, or even one person who feels that there's no reason to go on living, why would I condemn them for that?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:39:10 AM by hepcat » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 04:50:00 AM »

Hep, history teaches us that which the victors want us to know. Religion is something that I think people need to come to at an adult level, where children can be steeped and influenced by something that is beyond their capacity to reason. It creates a gap in critical thinking - "That doesn't add up!" "No, son, but that's because God wants it that way." Tongue

In this case, the person asking the question was not interested in teaching their child about god, but preventing them from being atheist. It would be akin to asking how to prevent homosexuality in your child.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 05:03:52 AM »

So Irish monks are examples of history's winners?   icon_lol  (pssst...if religion was so bad and they wrote history the way they wanted it to be written, why did so many non-secular documents survive the dark ages?)

As I said, extremists exist everywhere.  Is it equally right to teach a child from an early age that all religions are bigoted and close minded?

"Why did those muslims fly that plane into a building, dad?"

"Because all muslims teach hate and only stupid people who should be feared believe in Islam...not like us athiests who teach our children to have an open mind and...oh, wait a minute."

Children have been taught what their parents believe since the dawn of mankind.  I think you underestimate greatly their intelligence in discerning between right and wrong, as well as the fact that society isn't as insular as your scenario seems to indicate.

It's incredibly easy to get on a high horse and throw judgements around like their going out of style.  It's more difficult to actually have an open mind and accept that no one knows everything and therefore has no right to judge anyone else in such broad strokes...which is what I read in the words from the writer in your quoted piece.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:14:54 AM by hepcat » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »

I don't disagree with your exceptions, but the rule is still about the victor, bud. smile

As for the comment above, it looks more like both sides are being closed-minded in their presentation.

Like I said, I found it funny. I didn't say I agreed with it - religion is about an unquantifiable element in our lives - spirituality. If someone refuses to acknowledge that, it's no better than using the guise of spirituality to ignore facts. smile

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 02, 2012, 05:35:49 PM

As for the comment above, it looks more like both sides are being closed-minded in their

Responding to an extremist douche in the manner of an extremist douche does not make either one look good.

I think my view on religion was forever altered after this event.   It's easy to just view all religion as evil in light of extremists in the high profile sects.  But after seeing how the children reacted during the crisis of the Amish school shooting and then the actions of the parents towards the shooter's family?  Well, it's difficult to call them haters.   icon_wink
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:26:36 PM by hepcat » Logged

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 09:36:23 PM »

Vote Republican

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: