http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 02:36:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Olberman lets go on Hillary  (Read 1441 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:43:43 AM »

I really like Keith Olberman-it seems to be a big act but he's pretty darned good at it.  There are lots of angry right-wingers but not so many on the left.  This guy is really good at what he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8CsQyr6vlc
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 03:23:45 AM »

I find him unwatchable. He had an almost identical rant complaining about Hillary and Geraldine Ferraro. It looks like he's about to cry in both rants. He makes a decent enough point, but christ, does he really need a 10+ minute rant directed right at Hillary, as if she were watching it?
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »

I like it. He makes some good points and doesn't do it in a way that forgets history as so many other pundits seem happy to do.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 03:03:49 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on May 26, 2008, 03:23:45 AM

I find him unwatchable. He had an almost identical rant complaining about Hillary and Geraldine Ferraro. It looks like he's about to cry in both rants. He makes a decent enough point, but christ, does he really need a 10+ minute rant directed right at Hillary, as if she were watching it?
Whether she's watching it at that moment or not, she certainly will at some point - any candidate needs to be aware of precisely what the media is saying in order to deal with it effectively, especially "mainstream" media like MSNBC that caters to the crowd she's trying to get to nominate her (liberals/Democrats).

As for Olberman himself, he's a sportscaster-turned-op/ed guy and doesn't pretend to be anything but.  He's not a standard "journalist," and anyone expecting him to be so will be sorely dissappointed in his schtick.  However, if you watch him in the spirit that others watch "Mr. War on the Middle Class," then you may appreciate what he says.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 04:07:32 PM »

I don't watch Olberman very often but I have certainly enjoyed a number of his rants against the current administrations blunders.

I also really liked this one.

From what I understand - the Clintons have been huge supporters of his (especially when he was bashing Bush) so it's quite probable that they saw this.
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »

I like Olberman. He was very right in going crazy on this topic - since no one seemed to think it was a big deal. It's NOT a big deal, it's a HUGE deal. He's a very well thought out man, whether you give a damn about his politics, or not.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 04:28:31 PM »

Quote from: McBa1n on May 27, 2008, 09:40:03 PM

I like Olberman. He was very right in going crazy on this topic - since no one seemed to think it was a big deal. It's NOT a big deal, it's a HUGE deal. He's a very well thought out man, whether you give a damn about his politics, or not.

He should have stuck with sports.

Put the biscuit in the basket!!!!

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 05:33:56 PM »

Quote from: Dan_Theman on May 27, 2008, 03:03:49 PM

Whether she's watching it at that moment or not, she certainly will at some point - any candidate needs to be aware of precisely what the media is saying in order to deal with it effectively, especially "mainstream" media like MSNBC that caters to the crowd she's trying to get to nominate her (liberals/Democrats).
[/quote]
Watch 10 minutes of a preaching rant, or one of her people tells her, "hey Hill-dog, that Olberman dude went off on another long ass rant at you about the whole assassination thing. Let me sum up: he didn't like it and he's not too fond of you."

Either way, she's just as informed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: