http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 05:18:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Romney Veepstakes - Paul Ryan is the Winner!  (Read 2939 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2012, 04:31:11 AM »

props to someone else for the great name biggrin

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/mitt-romney-vp_n_1419124.html?ref=politics

Yesterday, as Rick Santorum was bowing out of the race, the University of Virginia's celebrated political prognostication guru Larry Sabato sent out a tweet, announcing that we had reached a new stage in the 2012 election cycle.

Yes indeed! Now that Romney has all but sewn up the nomination, the political press can now turn its attention to Romney's policy positions choice for the person who will be "one heartbeat away from the presidency" and cutting ribbons at the dedication of historic monuments and shopping malls. It's "Veepstakes" time -- that time in the campaign where journalists fill the hole left in their hearts by the conclusion of the competitive primary season with a metric ton of panicky speculation about who might be the nominee's running mate. (It is also the time in the campaign season where we all use words like "Veepstakes," while somehow managing to avoid being embarrassed about it.)

In truth, Sabato may have missed the bell ringing on this stage of the race by about a week or so, because in some circles, the "Veepstakes" have already been in full swing. As Andrew Kaczynski reported, over at "Mitt Romney Central," an NCAA tournament-style bracket has been launched to allow Romney fans to weigh in on who they would like to see paired up with Mitt in the fall.

And at 32 names, it includes basically everyone: all of Romney's primary competitors, all of those guys that Bill Kristol would have preferred to see in the race instead of Romney, many of his key endorsers ... really, just about every single GOP figure who has generated a national headline in the past year. Condi Rice, David Petraeus, Sarah Palin ... Donald Trump. They are all on there.

Romney talks about  Santorum maybe being a possibility, but he also claims that he doesn't have a list yet.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:28:55 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 08:25:28 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/18/opinion/borger-romney-veep/index.html

t's that time in the presidential cycle again. Mitt Romney, presumptive GOP nominee, appoints a trusted adviser to lead his vice presidential search. The questionnaires are readied; the real level of interest of the contenders is gauged (and all public protestations of noninterest dutifully disregarded.)

The candidate's weaknesses are cataloged, both in battleground states and in key demographics. And maybe the candidate weighs in with a guideline or two for the search.

This time around, it's clear what one rule will be: The vice presidential nominee needs to be qualified to be president.

Just ask Steve Schmidt, John McCain's former campaign manager (now played by Woody Harrelson in HBO's "Game Change"), about that teensy detail that was, er, overlooked in the Sarah Palin pick.

damn, no possible publicity stunt in picking a VP this time around?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:12 PM »

Jeb Bush written off? 

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/george-will-writes-off-jeb-bush-as-vp-possibility/

“If Jeb Bush is to be Romney’s running mate, it would mean that in seven of nine presidential elections there would be a Bush on the Republican ticket,” Will said today on “This Week.” “And it gets hard to argue that we’re not a tribal society at that point.”

Bush sought to put speculation about his possible VP nod to rest this week, telling Bloomberg in a statement Friday, “I am not going to be the veep nominee. … Lay that to rest.”

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 12:21:01 AM »

I think W poisoned the Bush brand for a generation. They aren't going to fade away, but I expect to see a Bush anywhere near the White House for at least 8 years after Obama's second term.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »

Romney getting to know Rubio?  just campaign trail buddies, or possibly more?

Because I can,
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 12:00:03 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 23, 2012, 09:50:02 PM

Romney getting to know Rubio?  just campaign trail buddies, or possibly more?

I'm not sure he's a good pick. He's a little young:

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 02:17:12 AM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on April 28, 2012, 12:00:03 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 23, 2012, 09:50:02 PM

Romney getting to know Rubio?  just campaign trail buddies, or possibly more?

I'm not sure he's a good pick. He's a little young:

Except that picture is about 20 years old. He now looks like this:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:19:47 AM by corruptrelic » Logged

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 02:59:23 AM »

Ayotte's turn:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/30/11473722-romney-campaigns-with-ayotte-in-nh-amid-short-list-speculation?lite

Mitt Romney's short list of vice presidential candidates is expected to include 10 to 15 names, a source with knowledge of the deliberations said Monday as one of those potential candidates, Sen. Kelly Ayotte, joined Romney on the campaign trail this morning.

Making his first appearance in the Granite States since having assumed the role of the presumptive Republican nominee, Romney was flanked by Ayotte, a longtime ally who's now receiving new scrutiny as a possible contender for the No. 2 spot on the GOP ticket this fall.

A freshman senator and former New Hampshire attorney general, Ayotte, who endorsed Romney last November, toured the port here with Romney this morning, and introduced him, telling a crowd of supporters and local fisherman "help is on the way" under a Romney presidency.

Because I can,
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 01:14:04 AM »

Peyote?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 11:38:44 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-vp-vetting-process-begun-153921827.html

Mitt Romney's campaign has begun the vetting process to find a suitable running mate, a source close to the campaign told The Hill's Alexander Bolton:

The team for Beth Myers, the Romney adviser leading the search for the GOP's vice presidential nominee, has already contacted potential running mates, according to a source close to the Romney campaign.

Of the four lawmakers contacted by The Hill, only one—South Dakota Sen. John Thune—said he had not been in contact with the Romney campaign. The other three, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan and Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, declined to comment on the process.

Those who are selected to be vetted should expect to undergo one of the most intrusive processes of their lives.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 07:57:28 PM »

Paul Ryan tries to get the Master's attention:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/23/11821353-potential-vp-pick-paul-ryan-calls-obama-a-failed-president?lite

Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI), a potential vice presidential pick for Mitt Romney, had harsh words for President Barack Obama Tuesday evening, but told the crowd the nation could get back on the right track with the 2012 election.

"We face not just a failed president, but a failed ideology. We face a pessimistic mood in the nation's capital. A belief that our best days are over and the only thing left to do is to manage the nation's decline,” Ryan told the nearly 1,000-person crowd at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. “But, we have the same opportunity today to reject this defeatist attitude and to embrace a positive reform agenda possible to kick start a new era of prosperity, an American renewal, a comeback.”

The House Budget Committee chairman, who focused the majority of his 30-minute address on Obama, said the president continues to want “to take us further in the wrong direction” and acknowledged the only way to make progress is “the removal of certain partisan roadblocks” -- like the president.

“Americans have always rejected those with nothing to offer but cynicism and the politics of division. And right now, that’s all they are getting from the president,” Ryan said, noting the president has become “just another Washington politician.”

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 09:21:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 23, 2012, 07:57:28 PM

Paul Ryan tries to get the Master's attention:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/23/11821353-potential-vp-pick-paul-ryan-calls-obama-a-failed-president?lite

The House Budget Committee chairman, who focused the majority of his 30-minute address on Obama, said the president continues to want “to take us further in the wrong direction” and acknowledged the only way to make progress is “the removal of certain partisan roadblocks” -- like the president.

Yeah, about that....

There’s a tendency among voters disgusted by the discord in Washington to declare a pox on both parties, blaming them equally for the partisan rancor and gridlock. Because both sides offer up periodic examples of stubbornness and stupidity, it can be difficult for a casual observer to sort out who is most blameworthy.

And that’s why a new book by Thomas Mann, a senior fellow in governance studies at the center-left Brookings Institution, and Norman Ornstein, a resident scholar at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, is an important contribution to understanding today’s politics. Mann and Ornstein are widely respected, even-keeled, non-polemical observers who have studied the ways of Washington for decades, so their observations should carry significant weight with serious people.

And in “It’s Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided with the New Politics of Extremism,” the two conclude that the Republican Party bears most of the responsibility for today’s political dysfunction.

“Today’s Republican Party ... has become ideologically extreme; contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime; scornful of compromises; unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence, and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition, all but declaring war on the government,” they write. They add: “On issues from health reform to climate change to energy production, Republicans in Congress opposed, obstructed and tried to nullify policies proposed by President Obama that many of them had recently embraced, and repeatedly took hostages and made non-negotiable demands in lieu of real give-and-take.”

One wonders how long they can keep getting voters to buy into their bizarro universe. One hopes it won't last through November, but one is pessimistic.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 03:03:29 AM »

Rand Paul says 'it would be an honor' to be Romney's VP:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/08/rand-paul-would-be-an-honor-to-be-romneys-vp/

A day after endorsing Mitt Romney, Sen. Rand Paul said it would be an honor to run alongside the presumptive GOP presidential nominee.

"A year, year and a half ago, I was a physician in a small town," Paul, the junior Republican senator from Kentucky, told CNN's Don Lemon. "And it would be a great honor to be considered as a vice president for the Republican Party. I think that would be something that anybody who said otherwise would not be being truthful."

Paul, who on Thursday came out in support of Romney, said on CNN he had not discussed with the candidate the prospect of joining the GOP ticket.

Paul, a tea party favorite and son of presidential candidate Ron Paul, said his father "has always been my first choice," but that the nominating process favored Romney.

"The nomination is now done and Romney has achieved the amount of delegates necessary to be the nominee," Paul said. "Those are just facts. And I've decided to endorse Romney after meeting with him and talking about a lot of areas that we actually do have common ground on."

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 09:01:56 PM »

VP opinions from the Faith & Freedom Coalition conference:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/15/12241093-rubios-the-overwhelming-vp-fav-at-conservative-conference?lite

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 09:51:01 AM »

This really should be turned into a poll. I think we can narrow it down to 7-10 "for sure" VP picks.

My vote goes for Rubio getting the VP slot.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 07:10:04 PM »

Bachmann chimes in: http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/02/michele-bachmann-on-being-mitt-romneys-vice-president-thats-not-for-me-to-make-that-decision-and-that-announcement/

soe does Christie: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/03/christie-would-answer-the-call-on-becoming-veep/

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 01:46:26 AM »

well, if Romney is about to pull a McCain it'd better not be with Palin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/mitt-romney-woman-vice-president_n_1650747.html

Mitt Romney's wife has confirmed a tidbit about the vice presidential search process her husband largely has been keeping secret: He's considering choosing a woman.

"We've been looking at that, and I love that option as well," Ann Romney told CBS News in a joint interview with her husband that was broadcast Thursday. She added: "There's a lot of people that Mitt is considering right now."

The disclosure came as the Republican presidential candidate, vacationing with his family at their lakeside estate in Wolfeboro, faced mounting criticism from inside the party about the state of his campaign.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 11:22:53 PM »

apparently potential VP candidates cannot even be in the same state as Romney without the press speculating: Portman says he's not in New Hampshire to meet with Mitt, but to look at colleges and do some fundraising:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/07/12619911-portman-in-nh-same-time-as-romney-but-no-meeting-planned-for-possible-vp-pick?lite

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 08:46:23 PM »

might Christie overshadow Romney if he was VP?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-guttman/governor-chris-christie-w_b_1659511.html

plus, rating Romney's choices:

http://news.yahoo.com/who-does-no--2-work-for--rating-romney-s-vp-choices.html

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 10:37:05 PM »

the latest shortlist: http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/16/12767257-handicapping-a-potential-veep-shortlist?lite

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 06:21:53 AM »

Don't expect an early VP pick:

While we’re bracing for Mitt Romney to make his VP pick as soon as this week, here is something to consider: If history is any guide, Romney won’t announce his selection until next month. Indeed, in modern times, the earliest a pick was made -- John Kerry tapping John Edwards in 2004 -- was less than three weeks before the Democratic convention began. Outside of that, every other running mate since 1980 has been selected NO EARLIER than a week before the convention began, if not afterward. And right now we are out six weeks until the Republican convention in Tampa. So Romney could very well go this week, but he’d be making an earlier pick than any other presumptive presidential nominee in modern times.

Indeed.  in 2008 McCain showed that stupid truly takes time to be properly refined.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 02:34:40 AM »

Rubi is starting to get support:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/28/13012808-rubio-picks-up-vice-presidential-support-from-iowas-gov-branstad?lite

Add another top Republican to the growing category of supporters who want Sen. Marco Rubio as vice president: Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad.

"Well, Marco Rubio sounds pretty good to me," Gov. Branstad told NBC News following a Mitt RomneyVictory event on the steps of the state house here when asked who he would suggest to Romney to be VP. "There are a number of others that I think are very talented, but Marco Rubio, I think, tells it very much like it is, he is somebody who has come up the hard way and has showed great leadership and he is now one of the great young senators from the state of Florida -- an important and key state -- so he is certainly one I would like to see considered."

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 05:10:18 PM »

Even my Republican friends shake their head at this guy.  One has already declared that the (R) team gave away the election again. Are you guys seeing similar dissension among the ranks of your friends? 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:08 AM »

now the Veepstakes has its own official iPhone app.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 01:30:56 AM »

Perry: Romney's VP pick won't make much difference

The announcement of Mitt Romney's running mate won't do much to change the dynamics of the presidential race, Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Thursday.

Perry said the running mate pick will likely grab headlines for a couple of days before the focus of the race quickly shifts back to the choice between Romney and President Barack Obama.

"There are great and talented people out there, but vice presidential candidates are interesting choices that will probably only make two or three days worth of news, unless they make some huge gaffe," Perry told CNN in an interview at the Republican Governors Association retreat in Aspen, Colorado. "As long as it's not me, I'll be cool."

Perry invoked another famous Texan, John Nance Garner, to make his point.

"I think it was 'Cactus Jack' Garner, who was VP under Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who said that being vice president is not worth a bucket of warm spit," he said.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »

the Final Three?

We can say with a high degree of confidence that Mitt Romney’s vice-presidential pick has largely come down to three men: former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, U.S. Sen. Rob Portman, and House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan. And it’s more than possible that Romney has already made up his mind. All three VP finalists bring something different to the table. Pawlenty is the loyal outsider, who would enable a Romney-Pawlenty ticket to run as former governors vowing to take on Washington; Pawlenty also potentially would add some blue-collar appeal to the ticket. Portman would be the insider, someone who knows the ways of Washington and who could help govern starting on Day 1. And Ryan would be the crusader, who wants to substantially transform America’s entitlement programs and who would excite a good portion of the GOP’s conservative base. Indeed, Ryan has emerged a VERY REAL possibility, but he also brings the most risk. If Romney selects him, it’s more than conceivable that the dominant campaign discussion in the fall won’t be the economy -- but rather the deficit and Medicare. Of course, there was already a good chance the Ryan plan will get plenty attention regardless of Romney’s VP pick.

Because I can,
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »

Those three make sense. None of them is a game changer, though. My guess is Portman, as Romney is falling behind in Ohio, and if it starts to solidify away from him the way Pennsylvania seems to have, he really doesn't have a path to 270 electoral votes.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 03:18:03 AM »

Romney: I want a VP with 'vision for the country':

Mitt Romney says he wants a vice president with “a vision for the country, that adds something to the political discourse about the direction of the country.”

He made the comments in an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd, part of which will air on NBC’s Nightly News tonight and on MSNBC’s The Daily Rundown tomorrow morning.

Romney would not say if he is any closer to making a decision or if he had made a decision. Influential conservative writers Paul Gigot, of the Wall Street Journal editorial page, and Bill Kristol and Stephen Hayes, of the Weekly Standard, have called for Romney to pick Congressman Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., the House Budget Committee chairman.

Ryan’s budget has become a lightning rod for Democrats, who have attacked it for wanting to “end Medicare, as we know it.” But for conservatives, Ryan adds credibility and a distinct choice against President Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

Romney’s comments about “vision for the country” and adding “to the political discourse” certainly fit the mold of what the conservative writers have called for. Someone like Ohio Sen. Rob Portman would be seen as a governing pick. But there was no mention of governing.

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 05:15:26 AM »

It doesn't matter unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat. Like a rabbit named Condi. From Mitt, I demand nothing less than white bread.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2012, 04:35:16 AM »

Romney to make his VP announcement this morning.

Mitt Romney will announce his running mate at 8:45 a.m. ET Saturday in Norfolk, Va., Fox News confirms.

Romney will launch his "The Romney Plan For A Stronger Middle Class" bus tour after announcing his choice for vice presidential candidate, according to an official press release from the Romney campaign.

The selection comes roughly two weeks before the start of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, and gives Romney plenty of space to rally the party behind his pick before the official nomination. 

The campaign has not yet confirmed who the running mate is. Speculation has centered lately on Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, but Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Ohio Sen. Rob Portman and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, among others, have all been mentioned as possibilities in recent days. The Romney could also decide to surprise everybody with an outside-the-box selection Saturday morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/10/romney-to-announce-running-mate-saturday-morning-in-virginia/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:42:28 AM by corruptrelic » Logged

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 05:59:47 AM »

Didn't take long for it to leak..

Rep. Paul Ryan will be named Mitt Romney's running mate on Saturday, ending weeks of speculation about the No. 2 slot on the GOP ticket.

The Associated Press and several TV networks confirmed the news about the Wisconsin lawmaker.

Ryan, 42, is best known as the chairman of the House Budget Committee and author of a dramatic plan to overhaul Medicare, the government-run health insurance program for senior citizens.

Romney is set to reveal his running mate at the U.S.S. Wisconsin, before setting out on a tour of key swing states to highlight his economic plans for the middle class.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/08/romney-vp-saturday/1#.UCX0haFlS4o

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 11:31:24 AM »

Huge BRAVO Mitt!  Fantastic pick.

Happy conservative, salivating at the thought of the first vp debate.

Go Gunners...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »

www.romneyryan.com is live.

Because I can,
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »

The base is going to LOVE Ryan, but they were already going to vote for Romney because they HATE Obama. To everyone else, this just reinforced the idea that Romney is for the rich and doesn't care about the middle class.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on August 11, 2012, 12:30:14 PM

To everyone else, this just reinforced the idea that Romney is for the rich and doesn't care about the middle class.

Oh, it's so much more than that.

Up through yesterday, Mitt Romney's economic policy was to give everybody tax cuts, spend a lot more on defense, and "reform entitlements" in ways that won't cost anybody anything.  He refused to put any numbers to this plan, so we've effectively had to guess which agencies, programs, and deductions he's planning to eliminate.

The pick of Paul Ryan for VP eliminates the ambiguity.  He's got a budget and we know exactly what it will do: end Medicare, a tremendously successful and popular program that has guaranteed affordable medical care for the poor, the sick, and the disabled, and replace it with a system of rapidly devaluing coupons for poor, sick, disabled to shop the Free Market.

This is no longer a question of whether Mitt Romney cares about the middle class.  It's full-throated class warfare.

-Autistic Angel
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »

Ahahahahaha FUCK OFF.

"Our rights come from nature and God, not government!" - Paul Ryan

Congrats, Repubs.  You turned this voter completely away from your ticket.  Well done.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 05:44:42 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 11, 2012, 01:29:04 PM

This is no longer a question of whether Mitt Romney cares about the middle class.  It's full-throated class warfare.

Agreed. Democrats are as happy with this pick as Republicans are. Scrooge McDuck picks Snidely Whiplash!

I can see all the reasons that Ryan was a sensible choice, but I wonder if Romney just ceded FL. As confused as a lot of elderly tea partiers are ("Keep your government hands off my medicare!"), I can't imagine that nominating the guy who wants to end Medicare and Medicaid is going to play very well down there.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 06:14:10 PM »

I can't believe what I'm reading in this forum:   Liberals hating the Ryan pick.   I'm SHOCKED I tell you.   SHOCKED.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 11, 2012, 06:14:10 PM

I can't believe what I'm reading in this forum:   Liberals hating the Ryan pick.   I'm SHOCKED I tell you.   SHOCKED.

Odd.  Most liberals (including myself) seem very pleased with this pick.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 07:04:17 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 11, 2012, 06:14:10 PM

I'm middle of the road.  My social stances are quite liberal, but my financial and governmental stances are quite conservative.

I've voted for both Republican and Democrat in the past.  When Gore picked Lieberman as his VP Candidate, it caused me to vote for Bush.  During Kerry/Bush, I voted for Nader.  Last election I genuinely hated both candidates so I abstained.  I was planning to do the same this year.  With this VP Candidate, I am 100% voting for Obama.  Get your motherfucking religion out of my motherfucking government. 

Of course I live in California, so it's not like my vote matters anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: