http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 12:15:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The EndGame of Hillary  (Read 1783 times)
Blackadar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »

The floodgates have been opened:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24538157/

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 12:54:36 AM »

it's always nice to back a winning horse.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
helot2000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 01:42:42 AM »

That went on a lot longer than I thought it would. 

What do the Democrats give her as a consolation prize?  This might be a golden opportunity to ditch Reid and install Clinton as Majority Leader.  That would be a small bit of satisfaction to the Hillaristas.  Right now, there's a big hole in the Democratic tent and a lot of her backers claim they'd rather vote McCain than Obama.  Probably a lot of bluster there but for some, I'm sure it'll be "Look out nose, here comes the knife."

Saving the world one post at a time.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 03:08:25 AM »

What if the unthinkable happened and McCain went cross party to bring in Hillary as the VP?

Because I can,
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 03:13:18 AM »

"When Obama wins, we will all shower in beer and soap will be replaced by bacon"

That has my vote!

<from the random results of When Obama Wins>

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:41:40 AM »

When Obama wins,

there will be a chick in every car and pot in every garage.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 08:10:40 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 10, 2008, 07:41:40 AM

When Obama wins,

there will be a chick in every car and pot in every garage.

Oh yeah sure, but that's only if he crosses the border and runs for election in Canada.  Tongue
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 05:08:25 PM »

Even though no one can really figure out what her real endgame is, it's fairly obvious it's being played entirely for her own ego.

1. Perhaps her endgame is to convince superdelegates to overturn the delegate and popular vote on this false "electability" argument. Thereby completely disenfranchising the majority of the people who voted in the primaries & caucuses.

2. This one's more far-fetched and consipiracy minded but perhaps her endgame is to continue to fight and cry foul about the Michigan / Florida delegates. Meanwhile continuing to throw as much dirt at Obama as possible while trying to court delegates to switch to her. In that regard she would be trying to destroy Obama's chance at winning this election by preventing him from being the official nominee as long as possible and forcing him to fight on two fronts. If he loses, then she can sit back and say "told you that I was more electable", and then try and run again in 4 years after McCain simply continues the Bush policies.

3. Perhaps her endgame is to now build the case to "force" obama to take her on as vice-president. This idea can be supported by the fact that her campaign is really touting how she carries the blue collar workers that he doesn't AND the recent gaff where a "ex-clinton aide" who's now involved in this "vote both" campaign sent out his press release still showing an email address of @hillaryclinton.com.

At this point, I'm really hoping that she's seen the writing on the wall that #1 is no longer going to happen. I'm praying that she's not so evil that #2 would be the option and tending to believe that #3 is really where she starting to push things now.

While I understand that Obama would be facing incredible pressure to take her on as his VP, I really hope that he shows the fortitude to take a firm stand against that. She is the epitome of the old politics that his campaign is based on changing. I would interpret him accepting her as a complete compromise against all of the things that made me support him initially and would seriously make me consider voting some other direction.

Plus if she was second in line, then Obama would need to hire a lot of extra secret service agents and some food tasters.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »

I have a hard time believing Hillary doesn't realize it's over.  So, I'm left thinking that she is really continuing to attack Obama because she is hoping that he loses (and then she can claim she was right), setting herself up for a run in 2012.

Some people will argue that she has to stay in until the end out of respect for her supporters or until the race is technically over.  I would have no problem with that if she focused on attacking McCain. 

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 09:41:09 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on May 10, 2008, 08:44:46 PM

I have a hard time believing Hillary doesn't realize it's over.  So, I'm left thinking that she is really continuing to attack Obama because she is hoping that he loses (and then she can claim she was right), setting herself up for a run in 2012.

Some people will argue that she has to stay in until the end out of respect for her supporters or until the race is technically over.  I would have no problem with that if she focused on attacking McCain. 

totally agree. Although after the Indiana/NC debacle, her tone changed a bit. However, I think she's trying to sabotage Obama so she can run again in 4 years - and hang on for a seemingly miracle shot at getting the nomination.... The problem is, Obama is really getting back on stride with his words - when he does that, he's above all the 'silly time' attacks, and that's key for him.

Also, I HAVE heard her allign herself with McCain on some things, undercutting the party.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 11:57:45 PM »

okay considering the story below -  this selection of pictures together is funny

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

I think she's hanging on in the hopes that someone turns up video footage of Obama sitting in the audience of one of Rev Wright's race baiting speeches.  It's a race between her people and MCCain's people to find some dirt that will stick to Obama. Obama would be foolish to pick her as his running mate.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: