http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 09:27:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2012 Presidential Election: Obama Wins!!!!!!  (Read 10449 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2012, 06:28:32 PM »

I think it's time for this thread to be locked.  It's just a senseless pile on now.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2012, 06:29:41 PM »

I agree.  Eco's been slamming everyone who's not a republican continuously.  It's really just annoying at this point.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »

Awww, but this is getting good! I'm going to throw Eco in a building with a knife and let him fight his way to the top where Hepcat is waiting, The Raid-style.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 30, 2012, 07:10:07 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on October 30, 2012, 06:37:31 PM

Awww, but this is getting good! I'm going to throw Eco in a building with a knife and let him fight his way to the top where Hepcat is waiting, The Raid-style.

Trust me, I'm NEVER at the top...

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 31, 2012, 03:14:46 PM »

Rick, it does not apply to any of those.

I said I Kid, sort of, only because I think there is a larger percentage of Obama supporters that really should be tested in some way before voting.  Controversial obviously, and I realize and respect why  that will never happen. Still though, after watching and listening to many interviews of Obama supporters this past year the thought entered my mind for the first time.

Similar to the time I was almost hit head on by a 90 yo lady going the wrong way on a one way street.  Elderly people should really be tested occasionally after a certain point to determine whether they're capable of driving safely.  If I were 80, I'd want to be tested .

Go Gunners...
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 31, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 31, 2012, 03:14:46 PM

I said I Kid, sort of, only because I think there is a larger percentage of Obama supporters that really should be tested in some way before voting.  Controversial obviously, and I realize and respect why  that will never happen. Still though, after watching and listening to many interviews of Obama supporters this past year the thought entered my mind for the first time.

Similar to the time I was almost hit head on by a 90 yo lady going the wrong way on a one way street.  Elderly people should really be tested occasionally after a certain point to determine whether they're capable of driving safely.  If I were 80, I'd want to be tested .

Most people think that other people are stupid. But it's the smart people that know that they are a part of those "people". Saying that Obama supporters need tested and not other groups is just ignorant and shows an inability to analyze yourself and your fellow party members.  

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 31, 2012, 03:44:15 PM »

I said I Kid, sort of, only because I think there is a larger percentage of Obama supporters that really should be tested in some way before voting.  Controversial obviously, and I realize and respect why  that will never happen. Still though, after watching and listening to many interviews of Obama supporters this past year the thought entered my mind for the first time.

If we were to implement a test prior to voting, let's make it science questions. Just saying....
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 31, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »

I almost edited to include the clarification that both sides should be tested.

Obama's side just has more that wouldn't qualify.

Go Gunners...
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 31, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 31, 2012, 03:50:14 PM

I think this would depend on what the test is about. But the whole thing is rather silly.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 31, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »

If only we had some historical context for the purposes of implementing such tests.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 31, 2012, 05:29:52 PM »

Similar to the time I was almost hit head on by a 90 yo lady going the wrong way on a one way street.  Elderly people should really be tested occasionally after a certain point to determine whether they're capable of driving safely.  If I were 80, I'd want to be tested .

I know very little of your politics, but this struck me as quite crazy - In Denmark, once you reach a certain age, 60 I think, you have to take a doctors appointment every second year to hold on to your drivers license. Once you are seventy, its every year and it gets more restrictive after that. Because of course reaction time, the ability to turn your head and the like gets impaired physically as you age.

Do you mean to say there is NO such thing in the US?

A new one
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 31, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 31, 2012, 05:29:52 PM

I know very little of your politics, but this struck me as quite crazy - In Denmark, once you reach a certain age, 60 I think, you have to take a doctors appointment every second year to hold on to your drivers license. Once you are seventy, its every year and it gets more restrictive after that. Because of course reaction time, the ability to turn your head and the like gets impaired physically as you age.

FREEDOMS.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 31, 2012, 05:35:44 PM »

You know, I'm voting for Romney, and reading what Eco-Logic is spewing here only makes me shake my head in amazement and wonder at how truly inane the things he thinks and says are.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 31, 2012, 03:50:14 PM

The fundamental issue is that what Romney said (albeit horrifically poorly) is somewhat true.  The majority of the US voting populace does not actually think when they vote.  They vote along party lines.  They've rarely, if ever voted away from their party and they probably never will.  They shun any and all logic that a reasonable person would use to say 'hey... wait a minute.'  I'd venture this # at probably 80% and equally split between the two major parties.  

So really now the candidates are fighting for a swing of 20% of the vote.  And probably 90% of that 20% (18% of the total for you non mathletes) already has a bias at an even 50/50 split between the two parties.  They *can* be swayed, but its not easy.  These are probably reasonable people, as everyone has bias.  The remainder, a total of 2% of the popular vote, can definitely be swayed.  These are, obviously, the rare exception.

Now the interesting thing is that to win the election, you don't need to change the 80% mind.  You just need to convince approximately half of the 20%.  And almost half of that won't take much convincing.

My contention from the very beginning is that based on my above theory being true, Romney should have been the one to have this in the bag since the previous four years have not been too rosey.  I thought this of Kerry in 2004 as well.  The problem is, as I've stated before, both the Kerry campaign and the Romney campaign have utterly failed in what should have been a relatively easy win.  Because they were both bad.
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 31, 2012, 05:50:21 PM »

No, but we have significantly more landmass and significantly less mass transit options than you do. It's stupid easy to get a drivers licence here and it's not likely to be taken away.

Oh, and FREEDOMS!
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 31, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »

If you want to see how easy the written portion is, here is a sample test for Texas.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 31, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »

It is an inane issue.  Doesn't mean there is no truth in it.

Go Gunners...
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: October 31, 2012, 06:47:48 PM »

So who got the Free Halo Armor... Mitt or Barrack?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 31, 2012, 08:28:53 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 31, 2012, 06:47:48 PM

So who got the Free Halo Armor... Mitt or Barrack?

Ron Paul.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2012, 08:32:31 PM »

He would never accept it.  He's completely against handouts.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »

Quote from: Calavera on October 31, 2012, 03:44:15 PM

If we were to implement a test prior to voting, let's make it science questions. Just saying....

Yeah. If it's sports trivia I'm totally screwed.

It varies by state. But generally, driving is considered a fundamental right and a necessity. Taking away somebody's drivers license amounts to taking away their independence. So it's not something that the state does routinely.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »

Not to mention adding anything that remotely stinks of ageism is fought tooth and nail by the AARP.  Old people tend to have a lot of free money and time to devote to impacting politics.  icon_wink

For driving, however, they do have their own tailored education program.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:24:13 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2012, 02:40:28 PM »

What I don't understand is if you feel that most Obama supporters are idiots (as you're essentially stating here), then why in the hell are you hanging out on a board that's primarily composed of these idiots?  Do you also head down to the grade schools in your neighborhood to relax and socialize?  Spend weekends in mental institutions? 

Usually, when I so dislike a group of people that I can easily avoid, I do just that.   icon_confused

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 01, 2012, 02:40:28 PM

What I don't understand is if you feel that most Obama supporters are idiots (as you're essentially stating here), then why in the hell are you hanging out on a board that's primarily composed of these idiots?  Do you also head down to the grade schools in your neighborhood to relax and socialize?  Spend weekends in mental institutions? 

Usually, when I so dislike a group of people that I can easily avoid, I do just that.   icon_confused

... aw, does that mean you love us? And here I thought we might have been your rare exception... the sour to enjoy the sweet, as it were. slywink

Also, hanging out at grade schools? Seriously ... in an R&P that's just adding fuel to the pyre.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2012, 02:59:30 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 01, 2012, 02:53:20 PM

Also, hanging out at grade schools? Seriously ... in an R&P that's just adding fuel to the pyre.

You think I'm giving him too much credit?  Should I have gone with pre-schools?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:48 PM »

... in the Eco Van? Tongue

See? SEE? This is what happens when people start talking about hanging out in schoolyards.

The GM ECOno 350 comes out.

Yeesh.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 01, 2012, 04:37:02 PM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 01, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »

So there is a choice, of sorts. To my way of thinking, a Romney victory is a virtual guarantee that there will be war with Iran accompanied by the usual bellicose muscular interventionism that we have become accustomed to since 9/11. That sort of bluster will continue until the cash runs out, but Romney is also clearly willing to continue to borrow money so it can be given to the Pentagon, perhaps prolonging the process. Romney would also undoubtedly continue the odious policies relating to drones, kill lists, and assassination teams that he would inherit from his predecessor.

Obama, on the other hand, will, if reelected, continue his Pilgrim’s Progress to become America’s most distinguished war criminal of the 21st century, even eclipsing the redoubtable George W. Bush and Dick Cheney in that regard. The choice for the voter comes down to how one prefers to see worldwide chaos and the death of the Constitution develop. It would be in heavy doses wrapped in the flag with Romney, while Obama would take pains to hide what he is doing as he marches down what is pretty much the same road. Some choice.

Edit: Sauce

Edit 2: Now quick! Google the place that has the article and discredit it rather than discussing the fact that Obama and Romney are the same candidate and that we're all screwed regardless which clown is in office.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:19:59 PM by ATB » Logged
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 01, 2012, 05:17:03 PM

Edit 2: Now quick! Google the place that has the article and discredit it

why?

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 01, 2012, 05:51:57 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 01, 2012, 05:49:22 PM

why?

Because that's what you guys do.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 01, 2012, 05:51:57 PM

why?

Should we just follow your example and continually yell out "we're screwed" without attempting to add anything helpful about how that state of screwedness could be avoided?

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2012, 06:05:12 PM »

War criminal?  How does one commit a war crime against one who doesn't follow any of the rules anyway?

Modern laws of war regarding conduct during war (jus in bello), such as the 1949 Geneva Conventions, provide that it is unlawful for belligerents to engage in combat without meeting certain requirements, among them the wearing of a distinctive uniform or other distinctive signs visible at a distance, and the carrying of weapons openly. Impersonating soldiers of the other side by wearing the enemy’s uniform is allowed, though fighting in that uniform is unlawful perfidy, as is the taking of hostages.

As for targeted killings, There have been dead or alive postings for domestic justice in our past.  We always would like to apprehend our enemies, but when a capture is more likely to end in a Somalia-style situation over targeting them and ancillary support personnel by a weapons strike, I have no qualms about the directed application of high explosives.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 01, 2012, 07:58:24 PM »

I've been hanging out here since the GG days, and back then we didn't have a R&P forum.

Luck of the draw I guess.

Go Gunners...
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 01, 2012, 08:00:53 PM »

And, despite the direction this thread has taken and the give/take that has occurred, I do not consider anyone here to be part of the "idiot" Obama supporter group.

Go Gunners...
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 01, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 01, 2012, 06:03:52 PM

Quote from: ATB on November 01, 2012, 05:51:57 PM

why?

Should we just follow your example and continually yell out "we're screwed" without attempting to add anything helpful about how that state of screwedness could be avoided?

Attacking Eco and the sites he sources accomplishes this?

And how can that state of screwedness be avoided given the two people who are on the ticket? 
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 01, 2012, 08:38:42 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 01, 2012, 08:28:38 PM

Attacking Eco and the sites he sources accomplishes this?

Attacking everyone does?

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2012, 12:15:57 AM »

Girls! Can't you just admit that you're ALL pretty?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 02, 2012, 12:37:22 AM »

Can you?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: November 02, 2012, 01:27:28 AM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on November 02, 2012, 12:15:57 AM

Girls! Can't you just admit that you're ALL pretty?

Quote from: hepcat on November 02, 2012, 12:37:22 AM

Can you?

I would, but I'm not trying to get in your pants.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 02, 2012, 02:08:41 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 02, 2012, 12:37:22 AM

Can you?

he's a recovering narcissist, don't push him off the wagon!

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: