http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 06:58:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2012 Presidential Election: Obama Wins!!!!!!  (Read 14344 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 29, 2012, 08:15:43 PM

Trying hard today gell?

In general, hardly trying.  Don't need to.  Thanks for asking though!

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 29, 2012, 08:15:43 PM

It's simple.  I rarely visit poll sites from any other referrer outside of Drudge, Gamingtrend, and Twitter.  I
The methodology each poll uses is of no concern to me. They're irrelevant to me.  Prior to you all's commitment of focusing on poling methodology and which polls I look at, I gave them little thought.  I could care less about Nate Silver or whoever else.  Historically I've used polls to gauge  momentum or shifts.  This,conversation started because I posted in response to the idea that Obama has some big lead, I posted proof that things have shifted drastically. Are there still polls with O leading?  Of course, but my point that started this sideshow discussion garbage, was and still is accurate.  Anyone that thinks this is in the bag for either candidate is delusional.

The issue is, you started off with the stance of 'it's not in the bag' (which I think most reasonable people with agree with) but constantly chime in with posts like "Looks to me like Romney's momentum continues, and he has drawn even in Ohio.  In addition, his lead amongst independents cannot be denied" and "Romney is leading in most reputable national polls, and in those polls, plus the lesser known polls where he is losing he is within the margin of error and LEADING amongst independents" and "Whatever though, I'm more encouraged by Romney's lead amongst Independents in almost every poll than I am anything else" with rarely any links to any credible data and THEN post things like "The biggest fallacy of his entire presidency is how "intellectual" you all think he is" that makes me really wonder if you are a) really this fucking stupid or b) playing the role of "dumb political whacko on the internet" to a tee.  

Either way, you seem to be enjoying it, which says more about you than you realize.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 29, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 29, 2012, 06:01:07 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 29, 2012, 05:49:49 PM

I got caught in a lie.  I really have no defense.  I'm sorry.

FTFY

I accept his apology.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 29, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 29, 2012, 08:31:02 PM

I enjoy the smooth taste of menthol cigarettes, the powerful feel of a foreign sports car, and the soft touch of a man.

FTFY

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 29, 2012, 08:23:47 PM

Your attempt at spinning the argument is silly.

I'm going to need to see some kind of poll to back that up.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:40:51 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 29, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »

Oh that's wonderful gellar really, but so incredibly not in the ballpark.

Quotes:

"Looks to me like Romney's momentum is continuing"

It has clearly continued since the first debate.

"He has drawn even in Ohio"

He has drawn even and is ahead in some pools.  This  Illustrates the point made above regarding Romney's momentum, in case your having trouble following.

Quote regarding lead amongst Independents
Romneys  "momentum" has led to a shift in independent support with Romney leading in many polls.

The fallacy quote is true.  My opinion of course.

The attempted diversion from the main point (Romney's Momentum), says all I need to know about you all.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »

Nevermind...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:49:26 PM by Calavera » Logged
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 29, 2012, 08:41:18 PM

He has drawn even and is ahead in some pools. 

The thing is, I want a president, not Michael Phelps.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 29, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 29, 2012, 08:41:18 PM

Oh that's wonderful gellar really, but so incredibly not in the ballpark.

Quotes:

"Looks to me like Romney's momentum is continuing"

It has clearly continued since the first debate.

"He has drawn even in Ohio"

He has drawn even and is ahead in some pools.  This  Illustrates the point made above regarding Romney's momentum, in case your having trouble following.

Quote regarding lead amongst Independents
Romneys  "momentum" has led to a shift in independent support with Romney leading in many polls.

The fallacy quote is true.  My opinion of course.

The attempted diversion from the main point (Romney's Momentum), says all I need to know about you all.

Riiiight.

I do hope your character on this forum is the latter of my two given possibilities.  If it's the former, hoo boy.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 29, 2012, 08:57:05 PM »

Following the script to a tee I see.

Divert
Insult (the fact they're such petty insults makes it even more pitch perfect)

I must say that the mood of this forum increases my hope that this trend will continue.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 29, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 29, 2012, 08:57:05 PM

I must say that the mood of this forum increases my hope that this trend will continue.

Why do you want us to continue feeling sorry for you?   icon_confused

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 29, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »

I think you're just upset that someone is calling you out on your trolling.  I actually don't think you're this stupid, to be honest.  Maybe it's the eternal optimist in me, who knows?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 29, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »

And frankly, I am disappointed.  To ATB's point, there is basically NO reasonable conservative viewpoint on this forum.  As a moderate, I only really come in here from time to time because it's not a lot of fun seeing a whole lot of 'YEAH DUDE FUCK THOSE REPUBLICANS' (effectively, not exactly) posts where everyone agrees.  There are a few controversial topics from time to time (Gun Control, for example) where we get some level of discussion, but when it comes to the POTUS or other general election bits, this forum is decidedly blue.  I'd like to see intelligent discourse on both sides, but clearly that's just not going to happen here.  For whatever reason, the conservative posters here tend to go full on retard. 
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 29, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »

Trolling, wow.

All your (and your cronies), "posts" directed at me regarding this were entirely refuted and your modus operandi illustrated.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 29, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »

Quote from: gellar on October 29, 2012, 09:03:32 PM

For whatever reason, the conservative posters here tend to go full on retard.  

I don't think that's fair really.  Zeke was able to...

...I mean, Zeke would...

...Sometimes he'd...

sorry...I got nothin'.

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 29, 2012, 09:06:20 PM

All your (and your cronies), "posts" directed at me regarding this were entirely refuted and your modus operandi illustrated.

Comedy...gold.   icon_lol
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:11:15 PM by hepcat » Logged

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 29, 2012, 09:13:47 PM »

I don't have the patience to get into policy debates with Liberals I so vehemently disagree with on an online web forum. 

I do have the patience to point out to those same liberals that maybe they shouldn't feel quiet as confident in the election results.

Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 29, 2012, 09:14:57 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 29, 2012, 09:06:20 PM

Trolling, wow.

Wait, wait. You're trying to say you haven't been trolling?

Now I'm confused. I was pretty sure that this has pretty much devolved to one side trolling the other...
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 29, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »

This thread became a tribute to silliness a while ago.  Anyone coming into it with expectations of learning anything about politics is going to be profoundly disappointed.  It does entertain though, and sometimes that's all you want/need/can aspire to.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 29, 2012, 11:03:45 PM »

Because I can,
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: October 29, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »

I don't have any horse in this race, I just check in here every day or so to watch Eco flail around. This is fun.

Bring your own!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 29, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »

6 pieces of junk mail for election day in the mail today, with a couple of other fliers on the door.  they were all republican.  I just tossed them in the trash since they've all been saying the same thing.  sure, I could have walked 3 extra steps to the recycle bin, but screw that noise, I don't want to be eco-friendly!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 29, 2012, 11:22:02 PM »

I have to admit Paul Ryan does have nice eyes:

Because I can,
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2012, 12:32:41 AM »

"Snap" - My brain
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2012, 01:38:35 AM »

Eco, here you can see the results of all the recent polls in Ohio:

http://polltracker.talkingpointsmemo.com/contests/oh-president-12

Spoiler alert: only one poll out of the last 20 shows Romney with a lead. And yes, it's the Rasmussen one you cited earlier.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Romney could squeak this out... but right now, the data show Obama is the favorite.

And yes, Rasmussen was pretty accurate in the national presidential spread in 2008-- though it was not the most accurate as you stated, but the 9th best out of all pollsters:

Rasmussen to be tied for 9th most accurate. Democracy Corps, Foxnews/Opinion Dynamic, CNN/Opinion Research, and Ipsos/McClatchy all predicted an accurate seven point spread.

And more relevant to the current discussion, Rasmussen was actually really bad in the state polls in 2008. It had Ohio tied on election eve, for example. Obama won it by over 4.5 points.

And since 2008, they've pretty much sucked, with an over-estimation of support for Republican candidates.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:27:59 AM by Captain Caveman » Logged
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »

Thanks for the link, which further proves my point that this race is "in the bag"for neither candidate.

Obama used to lead in all polls in Ohio, outside the margin of error.  Now he is down in one, and within the margin of error in nearly all the others.  That is encouraging.

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2012, 12:44:53 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 30, 2012, 12:07:01 PM

Thanks for the link, which further proves my point that this race is "in the bag"for neither candidate.

Obama used to lead in all polls in Ohio, outside the margin of error.  Now he is down in one, and within the margin of error in nearly all the others.  That is encouraging.

Has anyone claimed the race is "in the bag"? 

Eco-illogic strikes again!

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2012, 01:04:26 PM »

You've obviously not been following the thread too much.

Fair effort though.

Hetz and someone else did earlier, which started the word vomit from everyone else.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on October 30, 2012, 12:44:53 PM

Has anyone claimed the race is "in the bag"? 

Eco-illogic strikes again!

That talk also started prior to the first debate, when Obama did have a nice lead. Then the first debate happened and Romney came back.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 30, 2012, 01:54:56 PM »

This thread is here simply as a tool to shame Eco later in life.  

Hopefully you're including yourself in that point.

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 25, 2012, 04:05:44 PM

When Romney wins I'll be a happy bystander and promise not to gloat vet much. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:57:53 PM by hepcat » Logged

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2012, 01:57:04 PM »

And the only reason it continued was a select few's insistence on going on a tangent regarding the polls I focus on.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 30, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 30, 2012, 01:57:04 PM

And the only reason it continued was a select few's insistence on going on a tangent regarding the polls I focus on.

It was the fact that you switch polls depending on which one's giving you the info you want that we found hilarious.   icon_lol

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 30, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 30, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 29, 2012, 09:17:10 PM

This thread became a tribute to silliness a while ago. 

More like a tribute to the early days of arguing on the internet before everyone understood how pointless it is.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 30, 2012, 02:24:01 PM »

But surely *someone* will listen to reason?

A new one
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 30, 2012, 02:29:51 PM »

I'm optimistic obviously, but it's too close for comfort.

This thread actually perfectly illustrates the liberal mentality that I find so nauseating and the only impact it'll have only impact on my life is reinforcing my belief that the we are royally screwed if your type are given more control.  Hep's posts in this thread are a perfect model of the democrat playbook that has plagued our country for years.

We have a fundamental disagreement, in that I believe if you or anyone label Obama as anything but an epic failure you probably ought to be tested before being allowed to vote. (I kid, sort of)

That is all.  Start your spinning now.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »

Quote from: ATB on October 30, 2012, 02:22:54 PM

Quote from: hepcat on October 29, 2012, 09:17:10 PM

This thread became a tribute to silliness a while ago. 

More like a tribute to the early days of arguing on the internet before everyone understood how pointless it is.

i.e. silliness

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2012, 02:55:39 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 30, 2012, 02:29:51 PM

I'm optimistic obviously, but it's too close for comfort.

This thread actually perfectly illustrates the liberal mentality that I find so nauseating and the only impact it'll have only impact on my life is reinforcing my belief that the we are royally screwed if your type are given more control.  Hep's posts in this thread are a perfect model of the democrat playbook that has plagued our country for years.

We have a fundamental disagreement, in that I believe if you or anyone label Obama as anything but an epic failure you probably ought to be tested before being allowed to vote. (I kid, sort of)

That is all.  Start your spinning now.

And this is why I discount your opinion as utterly ridiculous.  At no point in that post did you state any policies that you disagree with.  Nothing.  It was just the typical "I hate anyone that's not a republican" shit that defines the term "knee jerk".  

You've been taught to just jump on board with anything your political party tells you.   While many of us question or voice disagreement with some aspects of our chosen party's candidate, you march in unison with everyone in your group because that's all you're capable of.  Independent thought is as foreign to you as mindless acceptance is to everyone else in this thread.

Is it no wonder many of us view you as a joke and treat you accordingly?  
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:06:16 PM by hepcat » Logged

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »

I disagree with Obama on almost everything.  Anyway, this is silly and I've said numerous times policy discussions with your type are even more pointless.

You think me doing nothing more than voicing my opinion makes me a joke, and I think you're a total joke because of your opinion.  Stalemate.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »

...and again, a complete and utter failure to express even one salient point about why your choice in candidates is anything other than a mindless acceptance of the status quo.  

I expected no less from your type.  
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:48:59 PM by hepcat » Logged

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2012, 04:57:27 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 30, 2012, 02:55:39 PM

Is it no wonder many of us view you as a joke and treat you accordingly? 

Ding ding. 

I respect and admire many Republicans.  I'd reckon it's a fifty fifty split between the parties amongst my peer group/friends, actually.  I'm the guy who bought a 'You're going to be disappointed!' bumper sticker (that I did not put on my bumper because thats fucking stupid) in 2008 so I could to say I TOLD YOU SO, FUCKERS.  In general, I find the vehement Obama supporters amongst the people I know and the people I read on the internet to be the most grating, ignorant, self-serving, and annoying.  Eco puts those people to shame.  AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »

So, what you're saying is that anyone that disagrees with your opinion should be put under more stringent requirements before they're allowed to vote. Tell me, does this also apply to those of the opposite sex, different ethnicity, and/or sexual preference?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on October 30, 2012, 05:00:26 PM

So, what you're saying is that anyone that disagrees with your opinion should be put under more stringent requirements before they're allowed to vote. Tell me, does this also apply to those of the opposite sex, different ethnicity, and/or sexual preference?

Sort of.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: