http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 06:14:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2012 Presidential Election: Obama Wins!!!!!!  (Read 10853 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »

This is simply iPhone entertainment for me truth be known.

Riling up Liberal lunes.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »

He had already embarrassed himself before that speech, and be Onion is hardly a source.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2012, 08:05:48 PM »

It's REALLY important to you to get at least one convert, isn't it?   icon_lol

Poor Eco.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:07:45 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2012, 08:08:56 PM »

It would be different if our President deserved our respect, but, alas he definitely doesn't.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »

Not even on the ballpark hepycat, not even in the ballpark.

It's sad to me that their are so many people that can't realize what a fucking disaster this president has been.

I obviously could care less what you, AA and others think because it isn't close to being worth my time to write a thesis on why you're so wrong.  Of course I won't change your mind.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »

The number and speed of your replies indicates otherwise, mr. coyote.   icon_lol

edit:  my theory is that eco is secretly and desperately crying out for help.  he knows he's backing the wrong horse but he's too deep to admit it without help.  he needs our help, people!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:21:35 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2012, 08:29:21 PM »

Actually I'm waiting patiently for my 4:30 appointment and what better way to pass time.

Plus, i am getting use to twitter 😉
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »

I can think of numerous ways to pass the time that don't include getting increasingly frustrated when everyone isn't buying into the numerous erroneous beliefs you post on a forum.   Tongue

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2012, 08:36:45 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 12, 2012, 08:13:28 PM

It's sad to me that their are so many people that can't realize what a fucking disaster this president has been.

I mean it hasn't been good, but it's nowhere near the disaster of the preceding eight years which I'm sure you were just as critical of as well, AMIRITE?
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »

It seems the one shoveling petty insults, ie coyote, is the one that's frustrated.

💤
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2012, 10:01:52 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 12, 2012, 08:02:17 PM

This is simply iPhone entertainment for me truth be known.

Riling up Liberal lunes.
Ao you admit you're a troll? Well I can respect that I guess.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2012, 10:46:09 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 12, 2012, 09:53:37 PM

It seems the one shoveling petty insults, ie coyote, is the one that's frustrated.

Folks, I'll help him out here:  he's trying to establish that now I'm actually the coyote in the analogy I used earlier.  I know, I know...I could have just let it stand without clarification, but I felt bad for the kid.  He obviously didn't understand the context of the analogy earlier.

...and with that, I'm even more depressed.  Why am I forced to deal with a second rate Zeke when the original is still out there?

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »

I would respectfully suggest that both of you head to your corners and let this go.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2012, 11:22:34 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 12, 2012, 10:46:09 PM

Why am I forced to deal with a second rate Zeke when the original is still out there?

I don't necessarily want to encourage, but I have to admit I lulzed.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2012, 11:30:06 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 12, 2012, 11:05:33 PM

I would respectfully suggest that both of you head to your corners and let this go.

Oh, this is just harmless fun.  No one's really angry.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2012, 11:51:25 PM »

Not angry at all, but consider it dropped:
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2012, 03:35:13 AM »

Quote from: gellar on October 12, 2012, 07:06:29 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 12, 2012, 05:48:06 PM

I think he really blew it during the Libya section though.  Surely you all that support this administration can admit that this Libya debacle is an enormous issue.

It is literally the least of my concerns.

The apparent intelligence breakdown certainly bears investigation and correction. The administration's tardiness in either facing up to or actually appreciating the circumstances of the attack bears explanation. Something went seriously wrong somewhere in the chain of command, and I hope the administration is as anxious as the Republicans are to find out what. I don't think it's a real campaign issue until we know more. I'm reserving judgment, anyway.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2012, 05:20:51 AM »

Good Iron, everyone should be.  This would be an issue in a non-election year, regardless of what party is in office.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »

So...like...Bush and the non-existent WMD's?

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2012, 02:16:26 PM »

Quote from: gellar on October 12, 2012, 08:36:45 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 12, 2012, 08:13:28 PM

I mean it hasn't been good, but it's nowhere near the disaster of the preceding eight years which I'm sure you were just as critical of as well, AMIRITE?

Probably about as critical of it as you and the rest of the gang are of the Obama admin?

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2012, 03:24:20 PM »

Not like the wmds.

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/international/us_did_find_iraq_wmd_AYiLgNbw7pDf7AZ3RO9qnM

Dead horse though.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 13, 2012, 03:24:20 PM

Oh rly?

Even you have to admit that the previous 8 years before Obama were an even greater disaster though.  I mean...how could you not and still continue with your line of reasoning why THIS administration is horrible?  That would require a lack of logic on a monumental sca....

oh...never mind.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2012, 04:21:37 PM »

I have never considered myself liberal or conservative, but President George W. Bush has a special place in my heart. Thanks to his administration and intelligence, the years from 2001-2008 have been the most traumatic time for myself and my family.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2012, 08:56:35 PM »

The problem Conservatives have with trying to stoke nostalgia for previous administration is that George W. Bush was astronomically worse on every policy their movement tries to attack Barack Obama on (expanding the debt, weakening national security, inefficient domestic programs), and he was unapologetically guilty of all the things liberals were most concerned about (quagmires in Iraq & Afghanistan, torture programs, warrantless wiretapping, an economic collapse wrought by laissez-faire economics, trying to privatize Social Security, etc.)  Oh, and the New Orleans catastrophe.

By comparison, look at the so-called "outrages" of the Obama administration.  Phony birth certificates, secret Muslim allegiances, anti-white racism, government death panels and FEMA internment camps -- the largest and most popular are all completely fabricated because the few plausible scandals they've tried to elevate in the public consciousness require willful and sustained ignorance to chalk up to malfeasance.  Fast and Furious?  A Bush-era program with an extremely murky line of causation.  Solyndra?  A tiny percentage of the stimulus bill.  I believe those events can justly be called a blight on Obama's presidency...but they pale in comparison to the underwoven kevlar dispersed and condoned by the Bush administration.

Then there are all the apocalyptic predictions Conservatives have been making since 2007.  Does anyone here have an update on when the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell is going to destroy our military?  When is Obama going to move ahead with repealing the 2nd Amendment?  What's the progress check on importing Sharia Law, disbanding the Boy Scouts, outlawing the Bible, teaching sex ed course to kindergarteners, or ceding our national sovereignty to the United Nations?  These aren't assertively false like the Birther attacks, but they sure are taking their sweet time coming true.

So no, if Conservatives want to excuse their blindly partisan hatred of Barack Obama, they're going to have to find a comparison point with fewer abject failures than George W. Bush.  Try Reagan.  Once you get past the occasional treason, and at least he didn't end his presidency with a global economic freefall.

-Autistic Angel
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2012, 09:45:26 PM »

Not exactly thrilled that the President sign into law the ability to indefinitely detain Americans without trial.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2012, 02:10:23 AM »

Obama makes me wish I had a freaking punching bag next to my couch...  I truly cannot comprehend anyone in their right mind supporting him:
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2012, 02:24:47 AM »

My two observations from this debate:

1)  Obama destroyed the first half or so.  It looks like Romney is evening things out a bit towards the end, but he got absolutely killed to start.

2)  Why can neither of these assholes wear a suit that fits right?  GET YOUR SHIT TAILORED PROPERLY, YOU ARE ON TELEVISION.

Quote from: Eco-Logic on October 17, 2012, 02:10:23 AM

Obama makes me wish I had a freaking punching bag next to my couch...  I truly cannot comprehend anyone in their right mind supporting him:

I think that tells more about you than it does the people supporting him.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2012, 02:34:32 AM »

Can't stand the idiot.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2012, 02:42:21 AM »

I hope it does tell more about me Gellar I really do.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2012, 03:46:45 AM »

Obama's best achievement was being forceful and energetic without seeming too combative. Romney's was avoiding any new gaffes that could reverse his newfound respectability. Overall, Obama wins on points but without a knockout punch. It was enough to stop, but not reverse, Romney's surge in the polls.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »

Are all the "lies" that Obama is spreading starting to get to you? Romney makes me roll my eyes all the time. I've never felt like using my fists though.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2012, 11:41:36 AM »

I'll just leave this here:  Romney's Tax Plan

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2012, 12:30:49 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 17, 2012, 11:41:36 AM

I'll just leave this here:  Romney's Tax Plan

LOL.  Good one.

Romney got stomped last night. 

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2012, 03:05:31 PM »

As a Republican, I would have thought that you'd also be angered by Romney coming out in favor of affirmative action for women, giving people more free money by expanding pell grants, arguing against tax cuts for "job creators", ensuring that every woman has access to contraception regardless of employer beliefs, favoring a pathway to citizenship for children of illegal immigrants, etc. The dude is morphing into a Democrat before our eyes. I guess Republicans are so intent on beating Obama that it doesn't matter, or they simply believe (with good reason) that he's such a shape-shifter that he doesn't really mean any of these things and will sift back further to the right once elected.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2012, 03:29:21 PM »

ECO HATE ENTITLEMENT!  ECO SMASH!

...wait...eco smashing who now???

eco...very...confused.

eco gonna go lay down now.  get juicebox.  reconsider life.

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on October 17, 2012, 03:05:31 PM

As a Republican, I would have thought that you'd also be angered by Romney coming out in favor of affirmative action for women, giving people more free money by expanding pell grants, arguing against tax cuts for "job creators", ensuring that every woman has access to contraception regardless of employer beliefs, favoring a pathway to citizenship for children of illegal immigrants, etc. The dude is morphing into a Democrat before our eyes. I guess Republicans are so intent on beating Obama that it doesn't matter, or they simply believe (with good reason) that he's such a shape-shifter that he doesn't really mean any of these things and will sift back further to the right once elected.

Except his history isn't too far right.  He talked a good game to get the nomination, but Romney's track record in MA is quite moderate.  He's the epitome of a RINO.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2012, 04:02:37 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on October 17, 2012, 03:52:29 PM

Quote from: Captain Caveman on October 17, 2012, 03:05:31 PM

Obama makes me wish I had a freaking punching bag next to my couch...  I truly cannot comprehend anyone in their right mind supporting him:

Except his history isn't too far right.  He talked a good game to get the nomination, but Romney's track record in MA is quite moderate.  He's the epitome of a RINO.

Which is exactly why I would expect the right-wing to protest more... and when they don't, it becomes clear that it's not specific policies that motivate their support of Romney but rather the removal of Obama that is their primary focus. This is likely a strong reason why Romney won the nomination in the first place, despite his moderate record. He convinced primary voters that he had the best chance to defeat Obama (which given his competition was undoubtedly true) and so it didn't matter as much that he wasn't a true believer. The only true belief that mattered was that he could win.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2012, 04:34:37 PM »

I find it amusing that the conservative religious right is forced to support a candidate that is...not of their ilk.  The Tea Party anarchists can't be too wild about having to throw their support towards a candidate that historically has been moderate, with some liberal ideas.     
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »

It makes you wonder if they won't end up blocking some of their own party's bills due to this fundamental split amongst Republicans along conservative and moderate lines should Romney win.  What a disaster that would be.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »

Oh Heppy Kitten, your effort is definitely commendable, but still as lame as ever.🚽
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: