http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 05:18:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Mclellan turns snitch  (Read 4488 times)
cheeba
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 10:44:48 PM »

This was already cleared up above, Autistic Angel. Really, dude, stop with the personal attacks and stalking already.
Electronic Dan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 11:30:32 PM »

"There is a series of moments and this is one of them. Our will is being tested, but we are resolute. We have a better way. Stay strong! Stay the course! Kill them! Be confident! Prevail! We are going to wipe them out! We are not blinking!"

I guess if loose lips can sink ships, eyelids can aid terrorists...
helot2000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 01:40:42 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on June 02, 2008, 08:40:32 PM

"If somebody tries to stop the march to democracy, we will seek them out and kill them!
Democracy is easiest to install when everybody is dead. 

Saving the world one post at a time.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »

The hits keep coming.  Too little, too late though.

NBC Correspondent Richard Engel interviewed El Presidente last year, and has now published some excerpts from his book:

- “‘This is the great war of our times. It is going to take forty years,’” [Bush told Engel]. “Bush said in forty years the world would know if the war on terrorism, and conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, had reduced extremism, helped moderates, and promoted democracy.”

- Bush admits to Engel that going to war was a decision based on his personal instinct and not on any long-range strategy for the Mideast:

“I know people are saying we should have left things the way they were, but I changed after 9/11. I had to act. I don’t care if it created more enemies. I had to act.”

- Bush tells Engel that the election of Hamas was actually a positive development because it pressured Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas to make reforms:

“I think the election of Hamas was a good thing. It proved to Abbas he was failing. I told Abbas, ‘You lost the election because you aren’t providing for your people, jobs, education, what people want.’ Now they know they have to compete.”

Worst president ever.
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 09:07:26 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on June 03, 2008, 09:04:05 PM

- Bush tells Engel that the election of Hamas was actually a positive development because it pressured Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas to make reforms:

“I think the election of Hamas was a good thing. It proved to Abbas he was failing. I told Abbas, ‘You lost the election because you aren’t providing for your people, jobs, education, what people want.’ Now they know they have to compete.”

I think there's some truth in this part.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2008, 09:09:01 PM »

There may be, but it certainly makes shit like this pretty puzzling, yes?
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2008, 09:20:43 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on June 03, 2008, 09:09:01 PM

There may be, but it certainly makes shit like this pretty puzzling, yes?

Puzzling?  Nah - shit like that is par for the course for this administration.  It's incompetence is exceeded only by it's arrogance and it's complete willingness to boldly proclaim one thing while shamelessly doing the opposite.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »

Totally agreed.  In fact, the shamelessness is one of the defining characteristics of this president's administration.  Any reasonable human being would've stepped down from office years ago - if not because of regret or remorse, because they'd be embarassed by their repeated and spectacular failure to accomplish anything of consequence for the bottom 99% of the tax bracket.
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2008, 09:31:38 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on June 03, 2008, 09:25:00 PM

Totally agreed.  In fact, the shamelessness is one of the defining characteristics of this president's administration.  Any reasonable human being would've stepped down from office years ago - if not because of regret or remorse, because they'd be embarassed by their repeated and spectacular failure to accomplish anything of consequence for the bottom 99% of the tax bracket.

Again - damn them for what they are, not what they aren't smile 

The prescription drug benefit had wide-ranging effects for un-rich seniors, and the tax cuts were across the board.  That's not to say they weren't calculated pandering with problematic long-range consequences, but I'm not inclined to think that a Dem administration would have made things significantly better for the bottom 99% smile  In fact, if one is prepared to argue that the Bush tax cuts and entitlements were fiscally irresponsible, one must concede that we wouldn;t have been able to afford likely Dem entitlements/pandering either.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »

I'm quite happy to damn them for the policies they've enacted as well.  slywink

Both the drug benefit and the tax cuts contributed far more to the oligarchs who contributed to the Bush machine than to any "average American."  I certainly think they were fiscally irresponsible (and largely ineffective), but I feel safe in assuming that no Dem program would've exceeded or approached the one trillion dollar cost of the elective Iraq war, right?   Certainly that money could've funded universal health care and every other Democratic Party fixation for decades.

Maybe I'm being too hard on Bush: he is helping these guys sell books.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: