http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 06:24:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SCOTUS Screws Us Again: Welcome to the Police State!  (Read 2319 times)
Fireball
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »

Sure, that's understandable. Also, on the Republican side, there have been a lot of repeated names over the last 62 years. In fact, since 1952, the Republicans haven't won a single election for President without Richard Nixon or a George Bush on the ticket. They also ran only one ticket between 1952 and 2004 without a Nixon, Bush or Dole on the ticket:

1952: Eisenhower / Nixon - won
1956: Eisenhower / Nixon - won
1960: Nixon / Lodge - lost
1964: Goldwater / Miller - lost
1968: Nixon / Agnew - won
1972: Nixon / Agnew - won
1976: Ford / Dole - lost
1980: Reagan / Bush - won
1984: Reagan / Bush - won
1988: Bush / Quayle - won
1992: Bush / Quayle - lost
1996: Dole / Kemp - lost
2000: Bush / Cheney - sorta won
2004: Bush / Cheney - won

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 03:40:24 PM »

The supremes got one right!  

So now you can get stopped based on an anonymous call and they can swab your mouth for DNA, but they cannot search your phone! slywink
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:45:58 PM by ATB » Logged
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »

Quote from: Fireball on June 25, 2014, 02:30:10 PM

Sure, that's understandable. Also, on the Republican side, there have been a lot of repeated names over the last 62 years. In fact, since 1952, the Republicans haven't won a single election for President without Richard Nixon or a George Bush on the ticket. They also ran only one ticket between 1952 and 2004 without a Nixon, Bush or Dole on the ticket:

1952: Eisenhower / Nixon - won
1956: Eisenhower / Nixon - won
1960: Nixon / Lodge - lost
1964: Goldwater / Miller - lost
1968: Nixon / Agnew - won
1972: Nixon / Agnew - won
1976: Ford / Dole - lost
1980: Reagan / Bush - won
1984: Reagan / Bush - won
1988: Bush / Quayle - won
1992: Bush / Quayle - lost
1996: Dole / Kemp - lost
2004: Bush / Cheney - won

Wow.  I'd never noticed what a dynasty the Bush family. Thanks for posting.

Oh and:

icon_lol
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2014, 03:52:37 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 25, 2014, 03:40:24 PM

So now you can get stopped based on an anonymous call and they can swab your mouth for DNA, but they cannot search your phone! slywink

For you, it's cavity searches all the way.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2014, 03:56:21 PM »

So they can know if you're a natural blond, but not if you say so on your Grindr profile.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 03:59:20 PM »

Yeah this ruling amazes me. Not that it went the way it did, but that it was 9-0. Surely Thomas could have found a way to shred the 4th amendment on this one too. he must have been too tired to try.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2014, 02:31:29 PM »

Quote from: Fireball on June 25, 2014, 03:56:21 PM

So they can know if you're a natural blond, but not if you say so on your Grindr profile.

Pepsi, meet monitor.  icon_lol icon_lol

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 03:12:45 PM »

Supremes strike down abortion buffer zone.

Not sure I get this.

Roberts opinion on this reads like an 8th grade civics essay "Petitioners wish to converse with their fellow citizens about an important subject on the public streets and sidewalks -- sites that have hosted discussions about the issues of the day throughout history,"

I'm about as anti-abortion as one can be, but 35 feet doesn't seem unreasonable or a violation the people's right to gather...?
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »

What no liberal tears over the SCOTUS decisions today? Come on guys don't disappoint me.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »

We need a higher appeals court. Maybe the President can just overturn them with an executive order.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2014, 10:38:46 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on June 30, 2014, 10:25:48 PM

We need a higher appeals court. Maybe the President can just overturn them with an executive order.

We do, Jesus.

I asked him and he said it was all good. He also said my grass needed a little fertilizer and that I needed more weed-eater string.

icon_wink
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 11:57:47 PM »

icon_mrgreen

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:24 AM »

Quote from: Rip on June 30, 2014, 10:12:05 PM

What no liberal tears over the SCOTUS decisions today? Come on guys don't disappoint me.

No need to be inflammatory.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 12:30:45 AM »

Rip got his ass handed to him again in R&P over at OO.  He pops up here whenever that happens.  icon_lol

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 02:01:15 AM »

*cough hepcat=sore loser *cough

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »

Sure.  Let's go with that.

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2014, 11:31:15 AM »

I think Rip is disappointed that we aren't exhibiting 'the outrage  mad' like a few people do when reading true (or untrue) things that they don't agree with.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2014, 12:22:52 PM »

Quote from: raydude on July 01, 2014, 11:31:15 AM

I think Rip is disappointed that we aren't exhibiting 'the outrage  mad' like a few people do when reading true (or untrue) things that they don't agree with.

At least not when it's a democrat doing the things that you should be outraged with...  icon_wink
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2014, 12:38:29 PM »

You got that right, ATB.  Good thing we're independents!  We can laugh at everyone no matter what happens!   icon_razz

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »

Seriously, Hep, the only thing I'm angling for is consistency.

My conservative friends go buck on Obama left and right for doing the same things bush did and my lib friends give him a pass for doing the same things bush did.

If something should cause outrage with a repub in office, it should cause outrage when a dem is in the office.  That's all man.  THAT'S ALL!

Of course maybe the lack of threads in R&P is due to the drop in participants in the forum and not just having a dem in the WH.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »

You're just now figuring out that American politics has issues with bias?  You DO realize this has been the case for every single political system on earth since the invention of the words, "I don't agree!"?

I know you like to come across as someone who's above it all.  Someone who's capable of observing us earthlings with a fair and unbiased view, but let's cut the schtick:  you're just as biased as any of us to a particular world view.  Read the title of this thread, for cryin' out loud.

Now, how about trying to post with an objective bent for a while and drop the inflammatory rhetoric.  Then we can reevaluate your pleas for an unbiased discussion with serious intent.

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2014, 02:43:26 PM »

Quote from: ATB on July 01, 2014, 12:41:40 PM

Seriously, Hep, the only thing I'm angling for is consistency.

My conservative friends go buck on Obama left and right for doing the same things bush did and my lib friends give him a pass for doing the same things bush did.

If something should cause outrage with a repub in office, it should cause outrage when a dem is in the office.  That's all man.  THAT'S ALL!

Of course maybe the lack of threads in R&P is due to the drop in participants in the forum and not just having a dem in the WH.

Something that may be confusing you is that "conservative" and "liberal" mean different things for some people and do not fully encompass or describe a specific individual's political beliefs. I'm sure that on some issues you, and hepcat, and I will disagree - yet that still doesn't mean that we can't agree on the WTFness of some SCOTUS decisions. Also - people change. Some do anyway. A vocal few profess to never ever change - because that would be compromise, and that's french for surrendering.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2014, 07:49:23 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 01, 2014, 01:11:09 PM

You're just now figuring out that American politics has issues with bias?  You DO realize this has been the case for every single political system on earth since the invention of the words, "I don't agree!"?

I know you like to come across as someone who's above it all.  Someone who's capable of observing us earthlings with a fair and unbiased view, but let's cut the schtick:  you're just as biased as any of us to a particular world view.  Read the title of this thread, for cryin' out loud.

Now, how about trying to post with an objective bent for a while and drop the inflammatory rhetoric.  Then we can reevaluate your pleas for an unbiased discussion with serious intent.

LOLZ

Funniest. Shit. Ever.

Dude (are you a dude?), you don't even realize you just described yourself to a T

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2014, 07:53:13 PM »

That's one of the funniest things about most on the left.......they're so tied up in themselves that they fail to see what their end-game would even look like.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2014, 07:57:12 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 01, 2014, 12:38:29 PM

You got that right, ATB.  Good thing we're independents!  We can laugh at everyone no matter what happens!   icon_razz

Convenient, yes.

And also cowardly.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 09:31:55 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on July 01, 2014, 07:57:12 PM

Convenient, yes.

And also cowardly.

Explain how being an independent is either of those things please.  Preferably in a coherent manner free of ranting.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2014, 11:02:39 PM »

Quote from: ATB on July 01, 2014, 09:31:55 PM

Quote from: Zekester on July 01, 2014, 07:57:12 PM

Convenient, yes.

And also cowardly.

Explain how being an independent is either of those things please.  Preferably in a coherent manner free of ranting.

That's directed at hepcat, who instead of actually admitting that the opposite side has a good point, claims he's "independant" instead.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2014, 01:14:18 AM »

My god, is there ANYTHING better than a Zeke post?  Especially when he's not quite sure what's going on?  I love the internet!  This almost makes up for the US loss against Belgium earlier.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:27:16 AM by hepcat » Logged

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2014, 01:01:36 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 02, 2014, 01:14:18 AM

My god, is there ANYTHING better than a Zeke post?  Especially when he's not quite sure what's going on?  I love the internet!  This almost makes up for the US loss against Belgium earlier.

I admit, I got a chuckle out of it. While I miss verbose Zeke I actually find laconic Zeke still pretty funny.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »

I wish he had a newsletter.  I would create multiple gmail accounts just so I could be assured of not missing even one of them.   The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2014, 02:58:27 PM »

I honestly have no idea what the fuck is happening in this thread. WHAT IS EVEN BEING DISCUSSED?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »

Quote from: gellar on July 02, 2014, 02:58:27 PM

I honestly have no idea what the fuck is happening in this thread. WHAT IS EVEN BEING DISCUSSED?

I think hep is trying to figure out if Zeke is a natural blonde
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »

If ONLY there was a newsletter for all things Zeke!!!

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2014, 04:36:49 PM »

Quote from: gellar on July 02, 2014, 02:58:27 PM

I just re-read the 2nd page of this thread to see if I could figure out what's being discussed and I can't figure it out either. I think Zeke wants HepC to admit that a decision that was counter to Hep's stance was the correct decision. But what that decision was and what stance HepC has is beyond me. I think at this point HepC and Zeke just like to argue for the sake of arguing, kind of like brothers or an old married couple.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2014, 04:38:40 PM »

The independent thing is an ongoing joke with ATB.  But you're right on the money with everything else!  The Zeke and I were married in a civil union years ago.  Thankfully this country has opened its mind since then and we're planning a Fall wedding!

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2014, 04:53:59 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 02, 2014, 04:38:40 PM

The independent thing is an ongoing joke with ATB.  But you're right on the money with everything else!  The Zeke and I were married in a civil union years ago.  Thankfully this country has opened its mind since then and we're planning a Fall wedding!

Let me guess, Zeke will be the one wearing the leather tuxedo with the ass-less chaps at the wedding ceremony?  finger

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2014, 05:02:01 PM »

but aren't ALL chaps ass-less by definition?

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2014, 01:02:17 PM »

Off topic True story:

I was playing Watch Dogs last night  randomly scanning the NPCs and a guy named Zeke came up. His description was "Likes to troll political message boards". I just about lost it. Too perfect. I took a screen shot with my PS4 but I'm not sure how to transfer that to this board.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2014, 04:16:11 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on July 03, 2014, 01:02:17 PM

Off topic True story:

I was playing Watch Dogs last night  randomly scanning the NPCs and a guy named Zeke came up. His description was "Likes to troll political message boards". I just about lost it. Too perfect. I took a screen shot with my PS4 but I'm not sure how to transfer that to this board.

What other message boards do I participate in again?  retard Pretty sure i've been absent from even this particular one for a very long time til recently. Ya, I can see where i'd be easily mistaken for a troll   retard retard

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2014, 05:26:17 PM »

Again:   The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: