http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 09:01:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Palin endorses.. Ron Paul?  (Read 505 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 12:02:25 PM »

In the wake of the killing of Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi, the anti-militarism sentiments of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul appear to be gaining ground with the GOP establishment, as Sarah Palin openly backed Paul's position.

The controversial killing of Libya's Colonel Gaddafi has brought with it a wave of international scorn and scrutiny at the United Nations and has bred further distrust of Western governments among some strategically important nations.

In the United States, many in the Republican Party are heaping blame squarely on the doorstep of the Obama White House.

For his part, President Obama used Gaddafi's murder as a hawkish platform to warn other authoritarian governments that their model of governing "inevitably comes to an end," as Reuters reported on Thursday.

President Obama's militaristic warning stands in stark contrast to the long-held desire of Libertarian-leaning Republican presidential candidate Congressman Ron Paul to dial back the over-stretched and under-funded American empire. Paul's position has largely been rejected by mainstream Republicans, as it flies in the face of the GOP's view that a strong America is built on an interventionist and militaristic foreign policy.

However, as Paul's Libertarian ideas have been gaining ground among the Republican Party, particularly with the advent of the Tea Party movement, certain voices among the GOP now appear to be welcoming Paul's staunch criticisms of a cavalier and war-mongering White House. In an appearance on Fox News, Sarah Palin openly endorsed Ron Paul's position.

“You’ve got to give it to Ron Paul," Palin said. "Whether you agree with everything he says or not, at least he is one there in Congress trying to make our President stick to the law and understand that Congress does have a role to play in these foreign policy decisions that are made and Ron Paul, I think hit the nail on the head, when he came out and said Obama had better be careful when he interjects himself and our country in other nations’ business.”

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/313217

I was really liking Ron Paul up until this point..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 04:07:32 PM »

The controversial killing of Libya's Colonel Gaddafi has brought with it a wave of international scorn and scrutiny

icon_lol

Seriously?

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »

Palin's been fairly quiet the last month or so.  Anyone else starting to get scared?  It's like the calm at the center of a tornado...you just know something really awful is going to happen soon.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 06:52:29 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on December 08, 2011, 06:38:18 PM

Palin's been fairly quiet the last month or so.  Anyone else starting to get scared?  It's like the calm at the center of a tornado...you just know something really awful is going to happen soon.

Like her busting out of CeeKay's basement and telling the world she was kidnapped by some love struck stalker?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 09:03:20 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on December 08, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Like her busting out of CeeKay's basement and telling the world she was kidnapped by some love struck stalker?

I said awful, not hilarious.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 01:49:09 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on December 08, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

I hope he at least has some home videos of them in action before she busted out. I would have to cover my eyes while watching it, but I'm sure it would still be hilarious that way.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: