http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 07:06:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santorum Wins IA - KS - AL - MS - Louisiana  (Read 535 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/19/politics/iowa-caucus/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Rick Santorum finished the Iowa Republican caucuses 34 votes ahead of Mitt Romney, but results from several precincts are missing and the full actual results may never be known, according to a final certified tally released Thursday by the Iowa GOP.

The new numbers show 29,839 votes for Santorum and 29,805 votes for Romney, according to the party.

The initial returns from Iowa gave Romney a razor-thin 8-vote margin of victory over Santorum, reinforcing the former Massachusetts governor's frontrunner status and giving him a major momentum boost heading into the New Hampshire primaries. Romney went on to win New Hampshire easily, allegedly making him the first non-incumbent Republican in modern history to win the first two contests of the cycle.

Now history is being rewritten, casting a shadow over the first-in-the-nation caucuses and potentially shaking up the GOP race two days before the critical South Carolina primary.

interesting.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:25:52 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM »

Kansas is his: http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/10/10634057-santorum-wins-kansas-caucuses

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 12:44:51 AM »

Everyone from those states that voted for him should be cast off into the sun.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 02:16:02 AM »

It's not surprising that he can win states where the majority of Republicans are evangelicals. It's a little surprising that Catholics are going for Romney by a big margin when both Santorum and Gingrich are Catholic.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:42:40 AM »

Rick is projected to win Alabama right now: http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/13/10670824-santorum-wins-alabama-mississippi-too-close-to-call

[edit]  now they're saying he won Mississippi too.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:53:52 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »

I still don't think there's a chance he can win the nomination, but he's got to be making Romney and the Republican establishment nervous.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 12:37:54 AM »

It's official Republicans are insane. The fact that Santorum is still in this election is just pathetic. The guy is a religious fanatic and has no business running the free world. It amazes me that the people voting for him can't see that he is really no different than the "Mooslim" extremists they despise.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
VictorGrunn
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 07:54:13 AM »

<I>The guy is a religious fanatic and has no business running the free world. It amazes me that the people voting for him can't see that he is really no different than the "Mooslim" extremists they despise.</I>

I dunno, man. I'm pretty sure the "mooslim extremists" are at least suspected of chopping off people's heads, female circumcision, forced conversions and sharia law. You can argue "well most muslims reject those things", but that's the perception of them. I'm pretty sure that those liberals who think that summarizes Islam are no fans of it either.

Santorum, meanwhile, is against abortion and contraception. I doubt most people would say the former stance is fanatical in and of itself, even if they disagree. Even if you grant that the latter is, that seems pretty far away from the comparison being made here.

As for Catholics backing Romney over Santorum or Gingrich - Gingrich's catholicism is recent and not exactly trumpeted. Santorum's catholicism isn't trumpeted very much either (take a drink whenever someone refers to Santorum as "fundamentalist" in an article, though the contracpetion dustup probably brought his catholicism more to the fore).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 02:26:32 AM »

looks like Rick has won Louisiana: http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/24/10844546-santorum-wins-la-primary-by-significant-margin

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: