http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 07:56:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romney Mocks Obama For Wanting More Firemen, Policemen and Teachers  (Read 262 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2012, 06:44:40 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/08/mitt-romney-mocks-obama_n_1582045.html

After saying President Barack Obama does not care about the private sector, Mitt Romney on Friday dismissed unemployment in the public sector, saying the country does not need more firemen, policemen or teachers.

"He wants another stimulus, he wants to hire more government workers," Romney said at a press conference. "He says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people."

personally I think more of those would be a good thing.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 07:15:45 PM »

"Cutting back on employing the American people so we can help the American people."  Riiiight.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 08:47:31 AM »

Right, because if there's one thing that would hurt America, it's more teachers to make our kids smarter, or more police officers and firemen to make our cities safer.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 01:11:45 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 09, 2012, 06:44:40 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/08/mitt-romney-mocks-obama_n_1582045.html

After saying President Barack Obama does not care about the private sector, Mitt Romney on Friday dismissed unemployment in the public sector, saying the country does not need more firemen, policemen or teachers.

"He wants another stimulus, he wants to hire more government workers," Romney said at a press conference. "He says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people."

personally I think more of those would be a good thing.

Apparently Obama did get the message from Ohio, when we over ruled our own Governor's Anti-public Union law. And lets face it Ohio is a bigger state this election cycle than Wisconsin.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 02:46:51 PM »

Ohio is more swing than Brian Setzer.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 12:45:09 AM »

And Wisconsin was in a different place than Ohio. Most voters had forgotten about the union issue when it came time to vote, and many people were of the opinion that "I may not agree with Walker, but I'm not going to recall him for that." You'll notice that Barrett didn't campaign on unions, but jobs (which bit him when the Walker administration released numbers saying that the job outlook improved in Wisconsin).

So yeah, the Wisconsin recall was a lot less important than you would think on this issue.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 03:06:21 AM »

Scott Walker stepped into a state with a balanced budget, intentionally precipitated a financial crisis by passing a big tax cut for the wealthiest Wisconsinites, and told everyone that public employee unions were to blame.  Not all of them, mind you -- just the ones that hadn't endorsed his candidacy.  Even after the unions offered every single financial concession he demanded, Walker insisted that organized labor was simply too dangerous to exist and rammed through legislation stripping away their bargaining rights.

Walker is on tape boasting to a wealthy contributor about how his "budget adjustment bill" would be the first step in eliminating unions altogether.  He's also on tape chatting to a man he believed to be Charles Koch about discarded plans to seed troublemakers in among the subsequent protestors.  Tapes of the sessions where the measures were passed show Republicans wantonly breaking their own legislative rules to silence Democratic dissent.

At the time of recall, Walker was -- and is today -- the target of a federal criminal investigation that has already indicted five senior staff members from his time as Milwaukee County Executive.  Thirteen more have been granted immunity in exchange for their testimony.  Walker maintains that he knew nothing about the tornado of illegal fundraising operations ripping through his office all day long, but e-mails from the period show a very different story.

Maybe Scott Walker won his recall election by convincing people that the recall process is inherently unfair.  Maybe he did it by weaving colorful tales about the patrician lifestyles of teachers, nurses, cops, and firefighters.  Maybe voters just forgot why the recall was happening in the first place. 

But any way you slice it, Wisconsin was a *massive* victory for the Conservative movement.

-Autistic Angel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: