http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 02:32:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RNC  (Read 1758 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
RNC
« on: August 30, 2012, 02:53:51 AM »

Condi and Ryan both have knocked it completely out of the park tonight!

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:07:22 AM »

Sure did!

Quote from: The Washington Post
In his acceptance speech, GOP Vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan appeared to suggest that President Obama was responsible for the closing of a GM plant in Ryan’s hometown of Janesville, Wisc.

That’s not true.  The plant was closed in December, 2008, before Obama was sworn in.

Completely out of the park!

Note: Article truncated in honor of pr0ner's request.  Click the link for the full version!

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:47:58 PM by Autistic Angel » Logged
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 03:20:14 AM »

Nice job copying and pasting an article wholesale from WaPo.

thumbsdown

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 03:28:00 AM »

"After watching Paul Ryan's speech, Joe Biden has just voluntarily entered the Federal Witness Relocation Program. #paul ryan #" Dennis Miller

LOL - the VP debate is going to be an epic SLAUGHTER.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 03:30:09 AM »

Reeks of desperation Autistic. 

The fools on MSNBC were hysterical tonight as well.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 03:39:15 AM »

Anyone watching MSNBC?  Holy hell!

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 03:42:54 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on August 30, 2012, 03:20:14 AM

thumbsdown

The Republican vice-presidential candidate told a bald-faced lie to make his case for why his ticket should be elected.  It isn't even a new lie -- he's been trotting it out on the campaign trail for a couple weeks now, and it's already been thoroughly discredited.  

But please, by all means, continue homing in on the really important issues.

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 03:51:33 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 30, 2012, 03:42:54 AM

yeah, seriously.

like we all know Obama has a better six pack than Ryan:

ELECTION.OVER.

biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 04:26:42 AM »

thumbsdown

The Republican vice-presidential candidate told a bald-faced lie to make his case for why his ticket should be elected.  It isn't even a new lie -- he's been trotting it out on the campaign trail for a couple weeks now, and it's already been thoroughly discredited.  

-Autistic Angel

It's nice to see that the ever condescending Autistic Angel finds copyright infringement to be fine and dandy.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 04:27:42 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 30, 2012, 03:51:33 AM

yeah, seriously.

like we all know Obama has a better six pack than Ryan:

ELECTION.OVER.

biggrin

As funny as this stuff is... Holy fuck shit! Our politics in this county are absolutely Ill inducing. Watching these debates are not worth ANYONE'S time..."hi I'm bobby cocksucker, I'll tell you what u want to hear, and vocally shit on my opponent!"

Wow, I sound pissed;).
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 06:27:26 AM »

I tuned in around 7:30, when some wild-eyed fellow named Paul was talking. He invoked God within 30 seconds. Two minutes later he was praising St. Reagan. 2-1/2 minutes was all I could take. I'll read the text of the big speeches in tomorrow's paper.

(edit) A scorecard of lies and facts

Will be interested to see if the Democrats do any better.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:34:26 AM by Ironrod » Logged

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 08:01:35 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 30, 2012, 03:07:22 AM

Sure did!

In his acceptance speech, GOP Vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan appeared to suggest that President Obama was responsible for the closing of a GM plant in Ryan’s hometown of Janesville, Wisc.

That’s not true.  The plant was closed in December, 2008, before Obama was sworn in. But look how Ryan came close to the line in his speech:

“Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: ‘I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.’ That’s what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day.”

Obama gave his speech in February, 2008, and he did say those words. But Ryan’s phrasing, referring to the fact the plant did not last another year, certainly suggests it closed in 2009, when Obama was president.

-Autistic Angel

Sounds an awful lot like one of Obama's BAIN attack ads on Romney..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 11:25:04 AM »

I find it amusing and telling that the timing of a GM plants closure became the dems focus after the speech.

🍻

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:11 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 30, 2012, 11:25:04 AM

I find it amusing and telling that the timing of a GM plants closure became the dems focus after the speech.

🍻

Yeah, how dare they refute bald-faced lies by the GOP. HOW DARE THEY!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:49:43 AM by Gratch » Logged

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 12:36:57 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on August 30, 2012, 08:01:35 AM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 30, 2012, 03:07:22 AM

Sure did!

That’s not true.  The plant was closed in December, 2008, before Obama was sworn in. But look how Ryan came close to the line in his speech:

“Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: ‘I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.’ That’s what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day.”

Obama gave his speech in February, 2008, and he did say those words. But Ryan’s phrasing, referring to the fact the plant did not last another year, certainly suggests it closed in 2009, when Obama was president.

-Autistic Angel

Sounds an awful lot like one of Obama's BAIN attack ads on Romney..

With an important distinction: Mitt Romney currently claims he left Bain in 1999 despite continuing to draw a regular salary for three additional years, continuing to be listed as the company's managing director, and his own strenuous arguments to the contrary when he needed to prove his primary residence was in Massachusetts.  The State Ballot Commission accepted his employment at Bain, headquartered in Boston, as evidence that Romney had maintained sufficient financial ties to the state while living in Utah.

That said, if you would like to argue that Romney was lying to the commission about his employment, there is a precedent to back you up.  He also swore that he'd continued to list Massachusetts as his primary residence while out of state, but when asked for the tax returns to prove it, he then admitted he was retroactively amending his returns to achieve his goal.

Barack Obama was not president in 2008.  He was not free to pass whatever legislation he desired with Republicans invoking a record number of filibusters in the senate.  He has not removed the work requirement for welfare.  He is not raiding $700 billion in Medicare benefits to pay for the Affordable Healthcare Act.  And no matter how many times Conservatives repeat it, no matter how many signs they put up, he never claimed that government should get the credit for small business success.  

This is how comfortable Republicans are about running against the Obama administration's record.  Offered a national stage to make their case, they courageously offer an alternative to something they've made up.

-Autistic Angel
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 30, 2012, 03:30:09 AM

Reeks of desperation Autistic.  

The fools on MSNBC were hysterical tonight as well.

Dude, you're delusional. Five Thirty Eight, which is widely held as an excellent statistical analysis of the polling data, firmly shows Obama as having an excellent change at winning (70/30). Ryan's announcement bump hasn't just vanished but been eliminated and Obama has started gaining again. The more people are finding out about Ryan the less they want to elect Romney. The average voter doesn't want someone so far to the right and the no exception pro-life stance is going to continue to cost them votes... Especially considering that ads with the Akin quote and Ryan's stance haven't aired yet.

Unless you're saying that the GOP reeks of desperation, then I think you can find some logic to it... I mean, for a party of half-truths and lies that emphasizes selfishness over all else and run on a platform of fiscal conservatism but consistently increases the deficit (thanks 8 years of GWB!), I don't see why the electorate has problems with their platform...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:57:10 PM by Calavera » Logged
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on August 30, 2012, 04:26:42 AM

thumbsdown

-Autistic Angel

It's nice to see that the ever condescending Autistic Angel finds copyright infringement to be fine and dandy.

pr0ner, as a general rule, I do not respond to Eco-Logic's posts.  He's not here to discuss, just to lean in, drop a few 1 - 2 sentence posts, and ignore direct questions on his way back out.  He's even acknowledged this behavior and promised to stop, entirely of his own accord.  This thread is him keeping his word.

On the occasion that anyone does respond to Eco-Logic's open trolling, I recommend they invest as little effort as required to highlight his silliness.  There's no point in crafting a careful response to someone who isn't going to read it.  This post right here, for example, will take far more time than I would dedicate to him because you have not yet sacrificed your right to be addressed as an adult.

I quoted The Washington Post's quickfire debunk of Paul Ryan's weeks-old lie in full because anything less removes the context.  However, I take so much less pride in my laziness than you do in your completely credible outrage, I'll go back right now and adjust the post to address your concern.

With that crisis out of the way, surely you'll be ready to find some constructive ways to participate.  Right?

-Autistic Angel
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on August 30, 2012, 06:27:26 AM

I tuned in around 7:30, when some wild-eyed fellow named Paul was talking. He invoked God within 30 seconds. Two minutes later he was praising St. Reagan. 2-1/2 minutes was all I could take. I'll read the text of the big speeches in tomorrow's paper.

Thanks for the scorecard link. Considering this is basically a pep rally, it's not really all that surprising. The surprising part is that people buy it.

(Note: the preceding statement will likely be repeated for the impending DNC thread)

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »

I did promise to stop, but the speeches and liberal outrage just got me fired up.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 30, 2012, 01:53:52 PM

Quote from: Ironrod on August 30, 2012, 06:27:26 AM

Thanks for the scorecard link. Considering this is basically a pep rally, it's not really all that surprising. The surprising part is that people buy it.

(Note: the preceding statement will likely be repeated for the impending DNC thread)

5 misleading statements from Ryan's speech.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 30, 2012, 02:02:49 PM

I did promise to stop, but the speeches and liberal outrage just got me fired up.

Fire up the base with a bunch of spinning, half truths and outright fibs. It apparently works. Karl Rove would be proud.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 04:45:57 PM »

We could do this all day long...

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/08/30/obama_camp_melts_down_over_ryans_speech

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 05:22:43 PM »

Can't we just all get along... Wait. No we can't! Just look at the people that "represent" us! Roll Eyes
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 05:31:27 PM »

Even CNN has admitted they were wrong about the GM plant... 

The plant isn't even the issue though, not surprising that they (libs) can't even get that right though.

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »

Someone at Fox News (of all fucking places) nails my take on Ryan's speech, which is nice since now I don't have to write it.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 07:37:32 PM »

I have to admit, the fucking meltdown Eco-Logic and similar Republicans will have if Obama wins again is enough to get me to vote Obama.  Seriously.  You people care way, way too much about something that is ultimately 90% inconsequential to your every day life. 

IB4WHATDOYOUMEANYOUPEOPLE.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 07:39:49 PM »

Not 90% inconsequential to my everyday life.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 30, 2012, 07:39:49 PM

Not 90% inconsequential to my everyday life.

Emotionally it probably takes up 90% of your every day life.  Logically... There is near zero argument to be made that your actual well being is affected by the POTUS.  Mine sure as fuck isn't.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 07:45:45 PM »

Obama stops by every now and then to share recipes, and some of them are damn fine.  DAMN FINE.  what's Mitt gonna do?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 07:50:38 PM »

For 1 I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old, and $5 trillion isn't inconsequential.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »

$5 trillion is new debt that is.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »

And I assure you it doesn't take 90% of my emotionally.

I do however work as an investment advisor and feel with confidence that if he is reelected they global markets will not react in a positive manner.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 08:13:03 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 30, 2012, 07:50:38 PM

For 1 I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old, and $5 trillion isn't inconsequential.

So what about Romney/Ryan's plan appeals to you other than the fact that it isn't Blue?  

The Ryan budget doesn't decrease the debt to any level of 'good'.  The Ryan plan still shows significant deficit.  The Romney plan shows EVEN MORE since it doesn't take into account some of the patently insane (and completely unrealistic) cuts the Ryan plan shows.  In fact the very opposite is the case - Ryan wants $700B in cuts to a program (Medicare) that Romney actually said would not change.  The Ryan plan also assumes that the economy *grows* at an increased rate due to his plan, which is not actually founded in any sort of reality.

I actually think President Obama is relatively clueless about the economy itself.  I think Romney is a fundamentally smart guy when it comes to the economy, but his actions in past lives don't bring any level of confidence that he can do the right thing as POTUS.  Couple that with a plan that literally *does not make any sense* and I can't fathom how anyone could take your specific stance other than on a hope and a prayer.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:17:56 PM by gellar » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 30, 2012, 07:54:27 PM

I do however work as an investment advisor and feel with confidence that if he is reelected they global markets will not react in a positive manner.

The markets are fucked regardless of who is elected.  Shit's gonna go awesomebad come late November, that much is near certain.
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »

BS, global markets right now care more about Europe's economy way more than ours. In the scheme of things we're in recovery, while bank failures and political turmoil are serious problems in some areas of Europe. The highest tax brackets here have fully recovered, it's the average guy that hasn't. And based on the Republicans platform, they couldn't care less about them. Electing Romney/Ryan and pushing through a bunch of austerity measures right now would make us more like Greece than Germany.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:16:03 PM by Calavera » Logged
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 09:22:45 PM »

So you're not a very successful investment adviser?   icon_wink

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 10:18:56 PM »

Ohhh zinger👍

Plenty successful (around $50m under management for what its worth) just stating my opinion.  If steps are not taken to decrease the debt problem in our country we will not be far behind Europe.  That is basic math and if you don't get it I can't help you.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:44 PM »

No, it's not basic math.  It's economics.  Try employing it to back up your assertions instead of just screaming "you'll be sorry if my guy doesn't win!"

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 11:19:04 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 30, 2012, 10:18:56 PM

Ohhh zinger👍

Plenty successful (around $50m under management for what its worth) just stating my opinion.  If steps are not taken to decrease the debt problem in our country we will not be far behind Europe.  That is basic math and if you don't get it I can't help you.

$50mm is a single large commercial account, perhaps a couple of smaller commercial accounts or a handful of individuals. Portfolio size doesn't equate to success, either. Portfolio managers misread the market all the time, even ones at large institutions.

Long term, yes, we need to address the debt problem. At some point, if we do nothing, interest payments will become a problem. Raising revenues (by tax increases via some method) and working on cutting waste is a good idea. Slashing programs and moving them to vouchers is not. You'll cause the unemployment rate to skyrocket because you've got to layoff so many public sector workers. This is part of the problem we have now with the unemployment rate. Tax revenues are down so municipalities are having to layoff workers. The private sector isn't adding enough jobs to counteract the job losses in the public sector.

Consider this as well, we've spent the last 70 years telling businesses that it was okay to get rid of their pension plans because of Social Security and Medicare. Pretty much all of them have eliminated their pensions. Now we're saying we need to make the guaranteed benefits of Social Security into a non-guaranteed 401K style program and we need to change Medicare from a guaranteed benefit to a voucher program that isn't guaranteed to cover a basic plan. As a society, do we honestly think this is a good plan?
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2012, 12:17:00 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 30, 2012, 10:18:56 PM

Ohhh zinger

And this is my main problem with Romney, his plan (If you can call it that since he isn't offering specifics) calls for three things at this time. Reduce taxes, reduce spending on social programs, INCREASE spending on defense.

This plan is exactly like our previous Republican president and look how that turned out.

Let me know when a Repulican is serious about cutting spending and not just towing the party line and I will vote for them.

In short I don't think Romney is really conservative, at least not in a pre-Nixon kind of way.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: