http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 02:41:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican National Committee chairman: Romney would win if election were today  (Read 344 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2012, 09:43:44 PM »

Mitt Romney would be elected president if the election were held today, the Republican National Committee's chairman boldly predicted Monday.

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus predicted a Romney victory based on projected wins in several swing states (polls of which are less definitively optimistic for Romney).

"I feel real good that if the election was held today, we’d be winning today. If the election is tied, we’re going to win the election," Priebus said during a press conference today kicking off the GOP’s "rapid response" effort during the Democratic National Convention.

"Independents are not going to suddenly have an epiphany," Priebus continued, "and decide that everything is great."

Pressed by a reporter on which states Romney would win if the election were held today, Priebus doubled down.

"For one, I think we win Wisconsin today," Priebus said of his home state, adding: "I think we win Florida today. I think we win Virginia. I think that we win Iowa."

Priebus said Romney would be close in Ohio, a state he called a "toss-up."

Yet demonstrating the GOP’s not-so easy electoral map in November, Romney winning Wisconsin, Florida, Virginia, and Iowa would still leave him short of the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency, especially if Romney doesn’t carry Ohio.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/03/13640615-rnc-chairman-romney-would-win-if-election-were-today?lite

fortunately for them the election isn't today, so Mitt has plenty of time to craft himself a fashionable noose biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »

They are in a statistical dead heat at the moment for the national popular vote, but (a) that's not how elections are decided, and (b) Romney is still enjoying a small boost from the RNC, while Obama has not yet gotten his bump from the DNC. Anyway, the election was not today. By the end of this week we should see Obama back in the lead by very thin margins (unless the Dems unexpectedly flub their convention in some major way).

That status quo will persist right up until election day unless some random event (such as an Israeli attack on Iran, or even a major gaffe in one of the debates) changes the game in the next two months. It's going to be a nail-biter, and it's going to come down to FL and OH. If I were a betting man I'd put money on FL going Dem, based on the Paul Ryan/Medicare card.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:48:33 PM »

Not according to Five Thirty Eight. Obama would end up with 51.8% of the popular vote, and there has never been a point on any of his graphs where the two lines have crossed, let alone touched. Nice try, though, Reince.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »

Romney has a lot of catching up to do, but I think a lot of people who voted Obama in 08 aren't ready to give him another 4 years. (Myself included.)

With our debt passing 16 Trillion (so much for him cutting the deficit in half) and no end in sight, we can't afford to keep going down this road of spending money we don't have.

That's not to say I'm going to vote for Romney, but someone like Gary Johnson is a definite possibility.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: