http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 08:56:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republicans becoming bored with 2012 election?  (Read 162 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2012, 01:42:50 AM »

looks like it.

Six in 10 Republicans say the presidential campaign is “dull” — up 18 percentage points from March and surpassing Democrats for the first time this cycle. By contrast, Democrats are becoming more interested as the general election campaign unfolds, with just as many now saying the race is “interesting” as say it’s dull. Independents continue to be the least engaged with nearly two-thirds calling the race dull.

Republicans' newfound listlessness stands in contrast to their increasingly positive views of their nominee. The percent of Republicans with a favorable impression of former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney grew from 62 percent in late March to 78 percent in early June, according to Washington Post-ABC News polls.

could boredom ultimately lead to Romney's defeat?  maybe they should spice things up:  Have Mitt jump the Grand Canyon on a motorcycle.  Start a reality show to choose the Veep.  random dance numbers in the middle of stump speeches.  the sky is the limit!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:06:39 AM »

The presidential race has been pretty dull so far, probably because we have a contest between two milquetoast moderates that's being defined by one issue (it's the economy, stupid). It's not surprising that independents are most bored of all, since the partisans on both sides at least have their overheated rhetoric to glom onto.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »

it's basically generic Republican vs Conservative incumbent black Democrat.

Romney is bland. Obama is not, but the whole republican premise for for years has been anyone/anything but Obama.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: