http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:09:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reid: Mitt Romney Olympics Gaffe 'Insulted Everybody'  (Read 241 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:51:56 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/26/mitt-romney-olympics-gaffe-harry-reid_n_1707996.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Mitt Romney embarrassed the United States, and himself, by going to London and insulting the British in advance of the Olympics, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Thursday evening.

"It's not good for us as a country -- it's not good for him -- but as a country to have somebody that's nominated by one of the principal parties to go over and insult everybody," Reid said.

Romney, who takes great pride in heading the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, caused a media sensation Thursday when he said there were "disconcerting" signals that the British might not be prepared for the coming games.

Reid, in an interview with The Huffington Post, said he didn't understand how Romney could have made such a blunder, and had advice for the GOP hopeful the next time he visits an Olympic Games.

"I think I would have thought up this on my own and not [have to rely] on the staff," said Reid. "I would go there and I would say, 'They have done a remarkably good job. I know how they have been hurt with the economy. But they have done this. I have done it myself. It's so hard to do, and they have done a remarkably good job.' That's what they should have done. He would have been cheered and not have the mayor, before 60,000 people, belittle one of our major party nominees. And that's what the mayor did."

A Romney spokeswoman did not return a request for comment.

but hey, it's only the British, so it's not like he's insulting someone important  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 11:24:21 AM »

HaHa

Yeah as i said in the other thread,it was all over our news,especially when he back tracked after talking to David Cameron

and again,it gave the British Public a little push to get behind the Olympics a little more(we can complain about ourselves it seems but we can't take it when someone else says the same)

I know its a delicate time in The States with the November elections coming up,so i wont say too much about Romney,i have only been following the election run up with what has been said in our news(which is quite a bit actually)

The Daily Show has just started in Britain,it seems we are a few days behind you guys but its been good and i have been laughing,so looking forward to hearing what Jon Stewart has to say about this(first show he took the time to lay into us already Tongue)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: