http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 11:57:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rand Paul Filibuster  (Read 415 times)
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:39:35 PM »

over 5 hours  icon_smile
All the President has to do is say that noncombatants won't be targeted by drones on U.S. soil.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:57:21 AM »

How is it that there isn't total outrage about the drone policy here?  I'm happy Paul is taking a stand against it.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:17:36 AM »

I know your primary form of interaction with others is through hyperbole, but if you look a few threads down you'll actually see a post about this and numerous people saying they don't agree with it (myself included).

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:22:16 AM »

and it ends:

After holding forth on the Senate floor for almost 13 hours, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul has ended a lengthy filibuster of the president's nominee to lead the CIA.

Paul, who cited objections over the administration's policy regarding potential drone attacks on U.S. citizens, relinquished the Senate floor at nearly 1 a.m. ET early Thursday morning.

In the end, it was nature that called.

"I've discovered that there are some limits to filibustering, and I am going to have to take care of one of those in a few minutes here," he said to laughter after thanking his supporters and staff.

Forcing the question of civil liberties and U.S. drone policy into the spotlight, what began as a one-man stand increasingly gained steam - and supporters - both in the Senate chamber and in social media throughout the day.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/06/17210879-after-almost-13-hours-paul-ends-filibuster-that-thrust-drones-into-spotlight?lite

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »

FBI Fesses Up: We’ve Used Domestic Drones 10 Times

In none of these cases, the bureau says, did it apply for a warrant to conduct the drone surveillance. The letter states that the FBI will seek a warrant when using a drone only if it is attempting "to acquire information in which individuals have reasonable expectations of privacy under the Fourth Amendment." But it does not clarify exactly what kind of information it believes individuals have a reasonable expectation of privacy over. Paul has requested that the FBI provide more details, saying he is concerned that the bureau may be adopting an “overbroad” interpretation of the rules in order to conduct warrantless surveillance.

But don't worry, the FBI promises they weren't armed.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: