http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 12:26:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pleased?  (Read 1496 times)
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 12:22:41 AM »

How many investigations do we need?

The FBI opened its investigation soon after the attack and it remains ongoing. No arrests have been made. On May 2, 2013, the FBi released photos of three men from the Benghazi attack site, asking for help from the public in identifying the individuals.
The [State Department] investigation report was released December 20, 2012. It was seen as a sharp criticism of State Department officials in Washington for ignoring requests for more guards and safety upgrades, and for failing to adapt security procedures to a deteriorating security environment. "Systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels within two bureaus of the State Department ... resulted in a special mission security posture that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place," said the unclassified version of the report.
Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Joe Lieberman (ID-CT) and Ranking Member Susan Collins (R-MA) opened an investigation in mid October 2012. Their final report was delivered December 31, 2012.  According to the report, "there was a high risk of a 'significant' terrorist attack on U.S. employees and facilities in Benghazi in the months before the September 11, 2012, assault on the Mission, and the State Department failed to take adequate steps to reduce the Mission’s vulnerability."

At what point is it just more politicians just bouncing the rubble in trying to make their own political hay about the issues?

Oh, and for anyone that's interested, WaPo live blogged the hearings.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2013, 12:31:15 AM »

No one said your opinions were wrong, they're perfectly valid even if we disagree with them.  It was the lack of any context to your comment that amused me.  We (well, those of us not named Eco) generally try to back up our opinions with some info as to why we feel that way.  Hell, I completely disagree with nearly everything MSD says, but I enjoy when he comes into conversations and explains why he feels as he does.  I want to hear both sides of a story, even if I personally think one is absurd.

Oh, and my "LSM" (left stream media?  lame stream media? liberal shit media?  lemur stuffing mongoose?) sources covered the Benghazi hearing quite well, thank you.   My stance hasn't changed much.  Massive missteps were made both before and after the attacks, and they were made by both sides.  I also find it interesting that the 10 embassy attacks (under a GOP President) that preceded this one were no big deal, but this one...boy this one demands accountability.

Whether it is or not, the reaction (and previous lack of reaction) makes this whole thing look like an entirely political move (which it is) rather than honest politicians actually looking for a solution and accountability.

EDIT:  Case in point.  If they were actually interested in getting to the truth about what happened, don't you think they would have let the co-chairman of the State Department’s committee investigating of the Benghazi attack testify today?  Seems to me that you would, I dunno, shift around the schedule to make some room for that guy.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:24:59 AM by Gratch » Logged

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 01:25:53 AM »

Quote from: snoleopard on May 08, 2013, 11:53:25 PM

I've been around for a long time, both here and at OO. Don't post much anymore, but my opinion is as valid as any of yours. BTW, how many of you 'oh so fair minded people' bothered to watch any of the Benghazi hearings today? Or do you only watch the LSM and didn't even know about it. In case any of you forgot, 4 Americans died in that attack, and it was blamed on a stupid video no one had ever heard of. Now, I'm going to make my husband dinner, so just blast away as most of you usually do if someone doesn't fit your 'mold', or doesn't agree with your 'talking points'.

this crap about a hive mind that attacks everyone that doesn't agree with your opinions got old about the ninth time people like you and Eco attacked everyone for not agreeing with them.  Give it a rest.

As for the "trials" being held about the embassy deaths, it's the most repugnant kind of political grandstanding there is.  I think public opinion will surprise a lot of folks in the near future.  the average citizen is smarter than they think and they can see through this sham for what it really is.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:20:28 AM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2013, 02:23:55 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 08, 2013, 11:17:14 PM

Support

The Dow Jones industrial average closed above 15,000 for the first time ever Tuesday, but fewer Americans than ever are benefiting from the stock market boom.

According to Gallup, only 52 percent of Americans own any stock. That is down from a high of 65 percent in 2007 and the lowest number ever reported by Gallup. Meanwhile the richest 5 percent of Americans own 82 percent of all the stock.

Do you know if that includes stock "owned" through retirement account mutual funds? I would think that the number of people who benefit from rising markets is higher than just those who own stock outright.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
snoleopard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2013, 04:29:06 AM »

I feel I need to apologize for taking my bad mood out on the people here. I happened to be browsing GT when my husband brought a letter from our health insurance in for me to read, and I just got  rather shocked, and yes, angry, so I typed what I did when I usually just read and get on with things.

The quiet one.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 04:40:14 AM »

Quote from: snoleopard on May 09, 2013, 04:29:06 AM

I feel I need to apologize for taking my bad mood out on the people here. I happened to be browsing GT when my husband brought a letter from our health insurance in for me to read, and I just got  rather shocked, and yes, angry, so I typed what I did when I usually just read and get on with things.

Appreciate that.  smile   

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on May 09, 2013, 02:23:55 AM

Support

The Dow Jones industrial average closed above 15,000 for the first time ever Tuesday, but fewer Americans than ever are benefiting from the stock market boom.

According to Gallup, only 52 percent of Americans own any stock. That is down from a high of 65 percent in 2007 and the lowest number ever reported by Gallup. Meanwhile the richest 5 percent of Americans own 82 percent of all the stock.

Do you know if that includes stock "owned" through retirement account mutual funds? I would think that the number of people who benefit from rising markets is higher than just those who own stock outright.

I don't have anything to back that up, but mutual funds are stocks, so yes it should include owners of mutual funds. With all the different good and bad mutual funds out there, they probably have the same success rate as the average individual buyer has.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 11:52:33 AM »

As someone who is also currently living through insurance billing hell, you have my utmost sympathies.  frown

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 12:14:22 PM »

I've been around for a long time, both here and at OO. Don't post much anymore, but my opinion is as valid as any of yours. BTW, how many of you 'oh so fair minded people' bothered to watch any of the Benghazi hearings today? Or do you only watch the LSM and didn't even know about it. In case any of you forgot, 4 Americans died in that attack, and it was blamed on a stupid video no one had ever heard of. Now, I'm going to make my husband dinner, so just blast away as most of you usually do if someone doesn't fit your 'mold', or doesn't agree with your 'talking points'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0tkKrMs8Gs&sns=em
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 09, 2013, 04:40:14 AM

Appreciate that.  smile   

Ditto...although I'm still waiting to find out what was for dinner. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 01:20:13 PM »

I'll ditto Ron here and thank you for keeping it classy. When I read your first post I imagined you as a pissed off fire breathing dragon bashing away at her comp, now I see a nice person typing at their computer.  nod

Back on topic: I am not pleased, but probably for different reasons and when I imagine what the alternative option for President would have done instead I don't think they would have done things all that differently.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 02:54:41 PM »

I knew I liked you. 
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 03:47:07 PM »

Liking people who agree with you is such a fantastic way to populate your social circle.  I wish I could limit mine like that.   icon_frown

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 09, 2013, 03:47:07 PM

Liking people who agree with you is such a fantastic way to populate your social circle.  I wish I could limit mine like that.   icon_frown

Don't think that just because I don't like you I don't have people like you in my circles... they're just funny and original.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 04:38:10 PM »

Helpful hint: if you every use the term "LSM" in conversation with me, I will stop listening.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 04:42:29 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 09, 2013, 04:08:41 PM

Liking people who agree with you is such a fantastic way to populate your social circle.  I wish I could limit mine like that.   icon_frown

Don't think that just because I don't like you I don't have people like you in my circles... they're just funny and original.

You're just saying that because you didn't get your full 11 hours of sleep.  I know you like me. 

snoleopard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »

Thank you all for being gracious in accepting my apology.  icon_redface
Hepcat, we had homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes with gravy, and biscuits.

Now I'll go back to the gaming forum and  ninja

The quiet one.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2013, 07:57:47 PM »

Quote from: Lee on May 09, 2013, 11:04:06 AM

Quote from: Ironrod on May 09, 2013, 02:23:55 AM

Support

I don't have anything to back that up, but mutual funds are stocks, so yes it should include owners of mutual funds. With all the different good and bad mutual funds out there, they probably have the same success rate as the average individual buyer has.

If that is true, then I'm surprised that only 52% of us have even a little skin in the game.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2013, 08:13:04 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 09, 2013, 04:42:29 PM

Quote from: ATB on May 09, 2013, 04:08:41 PM

You're just saying that because you didn't get your full 11 hours of sleep.  I know you like me. 

It's true.  icon_smile
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 11:06:58 PM »

Quote from: snoleopard on May 09, 2013, 07:32:16 PM

Hepcat, we had homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes with gravy, and biscuits.

Leave leftovers outside.  I'll swing by around 8.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: