http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 11:03:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Palin supporters rewriting Wikipedia entries  (Read 743 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »

After her recent interpretation of Paul Revere's famous ride, her supporters are working to make her version the wiki version,

Honestly, I didn't think her gaffe was that newsworthy, but if you have to edit a page on a subject that hasn't endured any content edits for quite some time, doesn't that tell you that perhaps your version isn't really the accepted one?

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:24:46 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:33:27 PM »

Sarah Palin. Fostering the dumbification of America since 2008.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 06, 2011, 05:20:16 PM

After her recent interpretation of Paul Revere's famous ride, her supporters are working to make her version the wiki version,

Honestly, I didn't think her gaffe was that newsworthy, but if you have to edit a page on a subject that hasn't endured any content edits for quite some time, doesn't that tell you that perhaps your version isn't really the accepted one?

Apparently it was a "gotcha" question. She just needs to learn how to dodge questions better, like most politicians do.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 05:39:50 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on June 06, 2011, 07:41:26 PM

Apparently it was a "gotcha" question. She just needs to learn how to dodge questions better, like most politicians do.

You did hear what the question was, right?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:53:57 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 09, 2011, 05:39:50 AM

wasn't it 'what is your favorite color?'

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 09, 2011, 05:39:50 AM

Yeah I heard it. Then I heard her in a follow up interview call it a "gotcha question". The woman is an idiot, with a legion of idiot followers. I hope she runs for President and gets the Republican nomination. That would provide an endless amount of comedy for late night TV.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 02:24:31 PM »

I was discussing politics with some friends and their irrational hatred of obama came up.  One said, pretty much anyone would be better than what we got now.

I said, Even sarah palin?

3 of them said yes and that she did a great job as governor and would do a great job as president.

I was left speechless.

While I don't think she's the idiot that the press portrays her to be, I can't see her being a good president.  And you're right. If she wins the nomination, that sews up Obama's second term.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 02:35:23 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 09, 2011, 02:24:31 PM

3 of them said yes and that she did a great job as governor

retard

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »

I don't believe she's an idiot.  I do believe she's in this for the fame and the money to the point of almost being mercenary.  Very few politicians become politicians due to some sense of civic duty.  Altruism and politics rarely occupy the same bed.  That being said, at least some of them will occasionally do the right thing.  I get the feeling that Palin will only do the right thing if the right thing also results in more cash or fame for herself.  I'm not so sure that she wouldn't sell her power under the table to the highest bidder were she to become president.  I truly feel she's that dishonest and that morally corrupt.  She gave up her post as governor when the offer for reality tv shows and book deals came to her.  How can anyone possibly trust her after that?  She's proven my fears right already in that little debacle.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »

I became a Sarah Palin fan when I stopped thinking of her as a politician and started thinking of her as a comedic performance artist. Think of her as Andy Kaufman without self-awareness and her antics become unintentionally brilliant.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 04:29:02 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 09, 2011, 02:43:28 PM

Very few politicians become politicians due to some sense of civic duty

In my experience, most politicians, regardless of party or ideology, become politicians due to a sense of civic duty and the desire to address something, usually one specific thing, or be the voice of one specific group. Many to most of them lose their way once in office, and grow to believe their own PR, but I've encountered very, very few who start out that way.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 01:32:11 AM »

maybe they can update the upcoming documentary:

look, it's the little dipper next to the big dipper!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 07:47:39 PM »

Quote from: Fireball1244 on June 11, 2011, 04:29:02 AM

Very few politicians become politicians due to some sense of civic duty

In my experience, most politicians, regardless of party or ideology, become politicians due to a sense of civic duty and the desire to address something, usually one specific thing, or be the voice of one specific group. Many to most of them lose their way once in office, and grow to believe their own PR, but I've encountered very, very few who start out that way.

I wish I had your optimism.   icon_cry

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 07:16:40 PM »

She gave up her post as governor when the offer for reality tv shows and book deals came to her.  How can anyone possibly trust her after that?  She's proven my fears right already in that little debacle.

this is why i don't trust her and would never vote for her.  i actually hold trump in higher regard for saying that money is why he wouldn't run for prez as at least that shows a bit of honesty. 

they still rate low on my list of people who i would want for president.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: