http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 06:00:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Cabinet  (Read 1400 times)
Blackadar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2008, 06:47:50 PM »

First up, Obama's Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel.

Comment: It's amazing - the Muslim picked a Jew - it must be a sign of the apocalypse!  slywink  "Rahmbo" will be the blunt stick of the Obama administration, giving Obama to play the role of peacemaker.  Of course, the Repub machine has already come out and called Emanuel "hyperpartisan", but cooler heads (like Lindsey Graham) know better.  He is more of a centrist and is part of the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) rather than the more liberal groups.  I think this is a good pick and, if my hunch is correct, Republicans should be encouraged by this choice.  Why?  Because I think he'll be tasked to keep the more liberal sect of the Democratic party (Pelosi's group) in line.  And Obama will need someone to do that - and do it in a blunt manner since Pelosi doesn't understand subtlety - in order to prevent liberal Dems from going off the deep end.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:54:25 PM »

For full disclosure, Emanuel was on the board of Freddie Mac for 13 months during the time when Freddie cooked the books for billions of dollars.

Linky.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on November 10, 2008, 07:54:25 PM

For full disclosure, Emanuel was on the board of Freddie Mac for 13 months during the time when Freddie cooked the books for billions of dollars.

Linky.

Yes he was.  These accounting misrepresentations occured before, during and after his tenure on the board.  Emanuel was not named in any complaint, nor were most of the other members of the 18 person board.  The SEC named David W. Glenn (president, chief operating officer, and vice chairman of the board); Vaughn A. Clarke (chief financial officer); and former senior vice presidents Robert C. Dean and Nazir G. Dossani as the source of these misreportings. 

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:20:02 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on November 10, 2008, 08:09:44 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on November 10, 2008, 07:54:25 PM

Linky.

Yes he was.  These accounting misrepresentations occured before, during and after his tenure on the board.  Emanuel was not named in any complaint, nor were most of the other members of the 18 person board.  The SEC named David W. Glenn (president, chief operating officer, and vice chairman of the board); Vaughn A. Clarke (chief financial officer); and former senior vice presidents Robert C. Dean and Nazir G. Dossani as the source of these misreportings. 

I was just pointing it out, without comment.  Tongue

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 12:16:13 AM »

THe thing that concerns me most about the cabinet right now are the rumors that he will make RFK Jr. the head of the EPA.  Making that junk-science charlatan the head of anything scientific is ludicrous and exactly the wrong signal for Obama to send.  He ought to be making a huge point of bringing scientific rigor back into government after the shameful politicization of science on the last administration.  He might as well appoint someone who thinks that Jesus and the apostles rode dinosaurs.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 12:22:01 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on November 13, 2008, 12:16:13 AM

THe thing that concerns me most about the cabinet right now are the rumors that he will make RFK Jr. the head of the EPA.  Making that junk-science charlatan the head of anything scientific is ludicrous and exactly the wrong signal for Obama to send.  He ought to be making a huge point of bringing scientific rigor back into government after the shameful politicization of science on the last administration.  He might as well appoint someone who thinks that Jesus and the apostles rode dinosaurs.

I would be disappointed if RFK Jr. is head of the EPA as well, but since he hasn't and that's just a rumor, I'm not going to worry about it yet.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 02:17:41 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on November 10, 2008, 06:47:50 PM

First up, Obama's Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel.

Comment: It's amazing - the Muslim picked a Jew - it must be a sign of the apocalypse!  slywink  "Rahmbo" will be the blunt stick of the Obama administration, giving Obama to play the role of peacemaker.  Of course, the Repub machine has already come out and called Emanuel "hyperpartisan", but cooler heads (like Lindsey Graham) know better.  He is more of a centrist and is part of the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) rather than the more liberal groups.  I think this is a good pick and, if my hunch is correct, Republicans should be encouraged by this choice.  Why?  Because I think he'll be tasked to keep the more liberal sect of the Democratic party (Pelosi's group) in line.  And Obama will need someone to do that - and do it in a blunt manner since Pelosi doesn't understand subtlety - in order to prevent liberal Dems from going off the deep end.

My initial reaction to Rahm was extremely negative based on some of his past comments.    The more I read about him, the more it appears that he has a 'hyperpartisan style' but ideologically is closer to the center.     This is certainly encouraging since logic would lead me to believe that he might beat some of the hard left activists into submission and move the administration more toward the ideological center. (hopefully).
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 07:07:38 PM »

up next, clinton in as sec of state, and what's this, mccain?

this could be an interesting 4 years people.

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 08:56:29 PM »

He might as well appoint someone who thinks that Jesus and the apostles rode dinosaurs.

Sarah Palin for head of NIH!
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 09:21:10 PM »

He might as well appoint someone who thinks that Jesus and the apostles rode dinosaurs.

He didn't?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: