http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 05:59:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Korea threatens final destruction of South Korea (now with Uncle killing!)  (Read 4978 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:36:26 PM »

North Korea threatened South Korea with "final destruction" during a debate at the U.N Conference on Disarmament on Tuesday, saying it could take "second and third steps" after a nuclear test last week.

"As the saying goes, a newborn puppy knows no fear of a tiger. South Korea's erratic behavior would only herald its final destruction," North Korean diplomat Jon Yong Ryong told the meeting.

Without specifically referring to the nuclear test, Jon said North Korea had recently taken a "resolute step for self-defense," which he described as "strong counteractions to a foreign aggressor."

"If the U.S. takes a hostile approach toward the DPRK to the last, rendering the situation complicated, it (North Korea) will be left with no option but to take the second and third stronger steps in succession," he added without elaborating.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/19/17016501-north-korea-threatens-final-destruction-of-south-korea-in-un-debate?lite

well it was about time for their annual temper tantrum.  I'm guessing that's step two.  will step three be sulking in the corner?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:02:27 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:36:03 PM »

Sadly they certainly seem unstable enough to do some real damage before they get put down
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:39:18 AM »

Ambassador Susan Rice tells reporters at the United Nations that North Korea's latest, "highly-provocative" and "regrettable" act of testing a nuclear weapon "directly violates" security council resolution and threatens international peace, "vowing a swift, credible and strong response."

I'll believe it when i see it,isn't the UN's response usually the line "we Condemn their actions" like it has been for how many years this shit has been going on now with North Korea?

That reminded me to look up Susan Rice,to see if she was related to Condoleezza Rice,after i saw Susan Rice being interviewed on The Daily Show the other night

she isn't

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:45:11 AM »

Despite all their hatred of the US and SK, NK is China's problem. The Chinese keep NK's regime alive to avoid an epic refugee migration and as a buffer, but they aren't happy about it.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 05:34:25 PM »

NK really don't like you guys do they?

I am pissed off that they used The Elder Scrolls:Oblivion music....the twats!!...2 weeks ago they released a Video showing New York under a Missile attack that was from Call of Duty(I never saw that one)
New North Korea Video Shows Obama in Flames

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9ANyidRvwY

Both videos were uploaded by the North's official website, Uriminzokkiri, which distributes news and propaganda from the state media.

The earlier video posted by Uriminzokkiri had to be withdrawn, after it emerged that the footage of a burning New York was taken from the Call of Duty video game.

The makers of the game, California-based Activision, filed a copyright complaint

Hopefully Bethesda will also file a copyright complaint

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on February 20, 2013, 07:45:11 AM

Despite all their hatred of the US and SK, NK is China's problem. The Chinese keep NK's regime alive to avoid an epic refugee migration and as a buffer, but they aren't happy about it.

This.. China has basically propped up this regime and will be held responsible if NK decides to cross south.  Highly likely as this would give Nato carte blanche reason for a regime change which China  can't let happen

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 04:03:57 AM »

If they really were committed to their agenda of destruction, they should spend all their defense budget on mmo development featuring horrific level and item grinds, and turn the youth of SK into a nation of mmo zombie addicts.  They don't need to resort to violence and bravado.  MMOs should be their weapon of mass destruction.     
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on March 01, 2013, 04:03:57 AM

If they really were committed to their agenda of destruction, they should spend all their defense budget on mmo development featuring horrific level and item grinds, and turn the youth of SK into a nation of mmo zombie addicts.  They don't need to resort to violence and bravado.  MMOs should be their weapon of mass destruction.     

Judging by the quality of their missile attack video that would be one REALLY bad MMO. Worse than WarZ bad.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 07:21:19 PM »

Dennis Rodman wants Obama to call NK:

It’s a real-life scenario so bizarre and outlandish it seems like it was dreamed up by the writers of “South Park” or “30 Rock”: Retired NBA player turned C-list reality star Dennis Rodman travels to North Korea, becomes the first American known to publicly meet with dictator Kim Jong Un, then returns to the U.S. proclaiming his admiration for the leader on ABC's  “Meet the Press.”

Rodman sat down for an interview with George Stephanopoulos on Sunday, a situation that would have been mind-bogglingly weird even if the  “All-Star Celebrity Apprentice” cast member hadn’t just returned from one of the world’s most isolated and oppressive countries.

Oh, but he had. Throughout his conversation, Rodman brimmed with praise for the young leader – voted Sexiest Man Alive by the satirical website the Onion last year – calling Kim a “great guy” and delivering a message to President Obama on his behalf:

“He wants Obama to do one thing: Call him. He said, ‘If you can, Dennis, I don’t want [to] do war. I don’t want to do war.’ He said that to me.”

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-dennis-rodman-kim-jong-un-north-korea-20130304,0,756685.story

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 08:45:34 PM »

North Korea threaten to forget about the armistice:

North Korea threatened on Tuesday to scrap an armistice that ended the 1950-53 civil war and sever a military "hotline" with the United States if South Korea and Washington pressed on with two-month-long war games.

It was a notable sharpening in the North's often bellicose rhetoric and followed word from U.N. diplomats that the United States and China had struck a tentative deal on a draft U.N. Security Council sanctions resolution that would punish North Korea for its third nuclear test, which it conducted last month.

"We will completely nullify the Korean armistice," the North's KCNA news agency said, quoting the Korean People's Army (KPA) Supreme Command spokesman.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/05/17194138-report-north-korea-threatens-to-scrap-truce-with-south?lite

in other news, stocks in companies that produce larger than necessary saber sheaths have skyrocketed.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 04:06:27 AM »

North Korea says it is scrapping all non-aggression pacts with South Korea, closing its hotline with Seoul and shutting their shared border point.

The announcement follows a fresh round of UN sanctions punishing Pyongyang for its nuclear test last month.

Earlier, Pyongyang said it reserved the right to a pre-emptive nuclear strike against its "aggressors".

The US said it took the threats seriously, but that "extreme rhetoric" was not unusual for Pyongyang.

The North Korean announcement, carried on the KCNA state news agency, said the North was cancelling all non-aggression pacts with the South and closing the main Panmunjom border crossing inside the Demilitarized Zone.

It also said it was notifying the South that it was "immediately" cutting off the North-South hotline.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21709917

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 04:10:46 AM »

If you're ever in the mood for some good comedy, I highly recommend the Korean Central News Agency of the DPRK

Second Korean War Is Unavoidable: DPRK FM Spokesman

A spokesman for the DPRK Foreign Ministry Thursday issued the following statement:

The U.S. is now working hard to ignite a nuclear war to stifle the DPRK.

Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises kicked off by the U.S., putting the situation on the Korean Peninsula to the brink of war, are maneuvers for a nuclear war aimed to mount a preemptive strike on the DPRK from A to Z.

The U.S. is massively deploying armed forces for aggression, including nuclear carrier task force and strategic bombers, enough to fight a nuclear war under the smokescreen of "annual drills."

What should not be overlooked is that the war maneuvers are timed to coincide with the moves to fabricate a new "resolution" of the UN Security Council against the DPRK, pursuant to a war scenario of the U.S. to ignite a nuclear war under the pretext of "nuclear nonproliferation".

It is a trite war method of the U.S. to cook up "a resolution" at the UNSC to justify its war of aggression and then unleash it under the berets of "UN forces."

That is why the U.S. is hurling into the war maneuvers even armed forces of its satellite countries which participated in the past Korean War as "UN forces".

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 05:42:09 AM »

This is a good time to dig up the critically reviled box office flop (yet, stupidly entertaining  icon_cool) direct-to-video sequel "Behind Enemy Lines 2," now playing occasionally on AMC and I think available on Netflix...
After reconnaissance satellites detect a large, three-stage Topol intercontinental ballistic missile carrying a nuclear weapon in North Korea, which can strike anywhere in the continental United States, a fictional United States President Adair T. Manning (Peter Coyote) orders a team of U.S. Navy SEALs to destroy the missile and the launch site. The team led by Lieutenant Robert James (Nicholas Gonzalez).
Is it time for reality to match fiction? ninja2

Actually, imho, Samsung can quell all the rage in North Korea by simply air dropping in millions of Galaxies, Notes and Tabs. All the soldiers will be lost in their new gizmos and unable to function...

Another option would be to ask Iran to export a few million 11-pound rats into North Korea:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/world/meast/iran-rats-snipers/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

I bet that would take Pyongyang's mind off all this saber-rattling, right?  icon_razz
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:49:25 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 08, 2013, 05:42:09 AM

I believe the North Koreans think so. Unfortunately for them they think they can emulate this invasion

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 05:30:30 PM »

Quote from: raydude on March 08, 2013, 08:21:30 PM

I believe the North Koreans think so. Unfortunately for them they think they can emulate this invasion

Man. That trailer is terrible. I hope they're not planning they're military strategy based on it....actually I hope they are.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 11, 2013, 05:30:30 PM

Quote from: raydude on March 08, 2013, 08:21:30 PM

Man. That trailer is terrible. I hope they're not planning they're military strategy based on it....actually I hope they are.

I guess we'd better dust off Chris Hemsworth.

Because I can,
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »

The escalations continue.

North Korea says it is scrapping all non-aggression pacts with South Korea, closing its hotline with Seoul and shutting their shared border point.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 07:36:11 PM »

C'mon North Korea, don't make me come back from retirement slywink

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 08:51:47 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on March 12, 2013, 02:34:45 PM

Wow - today's escalations seem exactly like the escalations from 4 days ago!

Quote from: CeeKay on March 08, 2013, 04:06:27 AM

Tongue
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 03:28:07 PM »

This was posted on QT3 and had me laughing the entire video.  We're just a bunch of snow coffee drinking, bird eating, nomads who live in broken houses and tents.  We also like to sit around drinking snow coffee with our dead friends in body bags.

North Korea exposes life in Modern America:http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/north-korea-exposes-life-in-the-usa/8c70qcty?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 04:00:57 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on March 12, 2013, 08:51:47 PM

Quote from: Moliere on March 12, 2013, 02:34:45 PM

Wow - today's escalations seem exactly like the escalations from 4 days ago!

Quote from: CeeKay on March 08, 2013, 04:06:27 AM

Tongue

I know.  I need to stop bringing news from the future  icon_wink

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 04:21:31 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on March 15, 2013, 03:28:07 PM

This was posted on QT3 and had me laughing the entire video.  We're just a bunch of snow coffee drinking, bird eating, nomads who live in broken houses and tents.  We also like to sit around drinking snow coffee with our dead friends in body bags.

North Korea exposes life in Modern America:http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/north-korea-exposes-life-in-the-usa/8c70qcty?

Ever wonder if maybe this is what our media is doing to us about NK? Maybe they're not broke and foodless. Maybe it's a lie just like this video is about us?   META!
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 06:04:30 PM »

This was posted on QT3 and had me laughing the entire video.  We're just a bunch of snow coffee drinking, bird eating, nomads who live in broken houses and tents.  We also like to sit around drinking snow coffee with our dead friends in body bags.

Is it Tuesday yet? I could sure use some yummy bird for dinner.

Top YouTube quote: "To be fair, this is a pretty accurate representation of Detroit."

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 06:37:10 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on March 15, 2013, 06:04:30 PM

This was posted on QT3 and had me laughing the entire video.  We're just a bunch of snow coffee drinking, bird eating, nomads who live in broken houses and tents.  We also like to sit around drinking snow coffee with our dead friends in body bags.

Top YouTube quote: "To be fair, this is a pretty accurate representation of Detroit."

I saw somewhere else that, according to somebody who could understand the underlying narration, the translation is...shall we say, a little fanciful. The original narration is about the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Yeah, you're getting it third-hand through me, but a dose of skepticism is in order. The English translation is propaganda.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:07 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 15, 2013, 06:37:10 PM

I saw somewhere else that, according to somebody who could understand the underlying narration, the translation is...shall we say, a little fanciful. The original narration is about the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Yeah, you're getting it third-hand through me, but a dose of skepticism is in order. The English translation is propaganda.

Are you saying I can't trust the Internet? At least it is a funny hoax.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 02:16:50 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on March 15, 2013, 08:26:07 PM

'Tis that.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 05:09:42 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 16, 2013, 02:16:50 AM

Quote from: Moliere on March 15, 2013, 08:26:07 PM

'Tis that.
I don't know how he could narrate that without cracking up, especially the part about drinking snow coffee sitting on the blue body bags of their friends...good friends through adversity.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 03:36:19 PM »

Wow...

South Korea blamed the North for the attack, accusations that Pyongyang has repeatedly denied.

"The present South Korean puppet authorities tried to link the Cheonan sinking case with the DPRK and shift the blame for the Yeonpyeong Island shelling on to the DPRK," the statement said, using the shortened version of the North's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/world/asia/north-korea-us-threats/index.html?c=world&page=0

So they're not to blame for their army shelling that island? saywhat

Because I can,
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »

I freely admit that I don't come from a military family nor do I think I could join up BUT I would really like to see NK smacked like the petulant child they are.
Just a big enough smack that they would think twice next time. 

I support and admire our troops and don't wish for an invasion just a couple rockets etc to shut the NK up.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »

Yeahhh, that's a hornet's nest you don't want to poke. The whole country is a paranoid armed camp. They could roll over Seoul in a matter of hours.

I understand the sentiment, though.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 10:03:22 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 26, 2013, 09:30:06 PM

Yeahhh, that's a hornet's nest you don't want to poke. The whole country is a paranoid armed camp. They could roll over Seoul in a matter of hours.

Please. They will not risk Canada's wrath.  

But in all seriousness, don't take away from SK's military capability. It's far more advanced and capable than NKs...but sheer numbers? Yeah you may be right.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 26, 2013, 10:03:22 PM

don't take away from SK's military capability. It's far more advanced and capable than NKs...but sheer numbers? Yeah you may be right.

That's why Starcraft is so popular in S.K.: Zerg vs. Protoss!

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 10:31:07 PM »

The South Korean marines are badass. Every time I did cold weather training up there I came away impressed and humbled.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 12:48:14 AM »

I have read reports that NK don't have enough food nor fuel for anything prolonged.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 01:04:42 AM »

Quote from: Roman on March 27, 2013, 12:48:14 AM

I have read reports that NK don't have enough food nor fuel for anything prolonged.

Couldn't they feed the army with the food stored in the president's cheeks? Ought to be at least a weeks worth in there.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 01:32:42 AM »

There's no question that SK would roll them back quickly, or at least as quickly as the US military can lend full assistance. But Seoul is 30 miles from the DMZ. NK could cause a world of hurt before it's erased from the map.

Then there's the little matter of the Chinese. I do not think they would look the other way.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 02:18:59 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 27, 2013, 01:32:42 AM

Then there's the little matter of the Chinese. I do not think they would look the other way.

I think you're wrong. NK invades SK and China is turning it's back on them immediately. Won't be like the 50s.  If China supports NK militarily, their  economy would crash like a meteor.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 05:37:05 AM »

Quote from: ATB on March 27, 2013, 02:18:59 AM

Quote from: Ironrod on March 27, 2013, 01:32:42 AM

I think you're wrong. NK invades SK and China is turning it's back on them immediately. Won't be like the 50s.  If China supports NK militarily, their  economy would crash like a meteor.

Ah, but Roman's premise is that we start it by lobbing some spite missiles their way just to take them down a peg. You have to imagine the US (or SK) as the aggressor.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 10:18:13 AM »

Photoshopped

when i first saw it,i actually thought it was a painting icon_lol

The Communist dictatorship has issued daily warnings that it is preparing for an offensive that would break the armistice that ended the Korean war 70 years ago this year.

Its latest beligerent declaration was that conditions exist for a "nuclear war" between it and the hostile US-backed alliance it faces.

But amid footage of rocket attacks, army manoeuvres, and on-the-spot inspections by its leadership, it stretched credulity by publishing a sun-drenched scene of nine landing craft carrying marines to storm the beaches. At least half the boats were throwing up the same spray of water and the weather was suspiciously mild compared with other images from the exercises.

But as Winston Churchill once noted the lie was half way around the world before the truth caught up.

Several international news outlets published the photograph before the AFPs newsagency pulled the shot, which it had relayed from the KCNA news agency, claiming "excessive digital alteration" had taken place.

The debacle occured as Pyongyang cut the last channel of communications with the South because war could break out at "any moment".
The move is the latest in a series of bellicose threats from North Korea in response to new U.N. sanctions imposed after its third nuclear test in February and to "hostile" military drills under way joining the United States and South Korea.

The North has already stopped responding to calls on the hotline to the US military that supervises the heavily armed Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and the Red Cross line that has been used by the governments of both sides.

"Under the situation where a war may break out at any moment, there is no need to keep north-south military communications which were laid between the militaries of both sides," the North's KCNA news agency quoted a military spokesman as saying.
"There do not exist any dialogue channel and communications means between the DPRK and the U.S. and between the north and the south."

Despite the shrill rhetoric, few believe North Korea, formally known as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), will risk starting a full-out war.
North and South Korea are still technically at war anyway after their 1950-53 civil conflict ended with an armistice, not a treaty, which the North says it has since torn to pieces.

The Sky News footage i saw on this story,said that this news story about the picture being photoshopped will not reach North Korea,and the people of North Korea will only have the story of the picture of the might of the North Korean army

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »

Because I can,
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: