http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 09:14:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Korea is #1 in the world  (Read 998 times)
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »

at being the least free. Congratz to the Dear Leader on your accomplishment.

All the rest of the usual suspects are there like various African and Middle Eastern countries along with a few former Soviet satellite territories.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 05:53:43 PM »

So...are cyber attacks considered an act of war? I mean if it's show to have originated in NK...not that I'm guessing it could ever be directly tied back to the government.  But if it could. Act of war or no?
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on July 08, 2009, 05:53:43 PM

So...are cyber attacks considered an act of war? I mean if it's show to have originated in NK...not that I'm guessing it could ever be directly tied back to the government.  But if it could. Act of war or no?

I wouldn't think so. It probably does mean we pick up are cyber efforts on them though, if that's possible.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 06:56:21 PM »

Anything can be considered an act of war, and with how important computers are to everything I think cyber attack most certainly should be considered an act of war.   Of course the question would then turn to whether or not our own dear leader would have the guts to respond to a direct attack like that.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:07:47 PM »

Yeah, anything can be considered an act of war. NK has repeatedly said stuff like "If you do X, we'll consider it an act of war and react accordingly!" (not that they ever do, but that's a different discussion). The real question is whether or not the rest of the world will agree that it was an appropriate act of war. NK would never get such approval, and the US wouldn't get it either for something like cyber-terrorism. Even a government-sanctioned killing of another nation's people may in some situations not be considered a real act of war. It's complex.
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 09:47:12 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on July 08, 2009, 06:56:21 PM

...whether or not our own dear leader would have the guts to respond to a direct attack like that.

Of course there would be a response of some sort, but I doubt it will be along the lines of killing everyone in North Korea.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 11:45:22 PM »

Quote from: VynlSol on July 08, 2009, 09:47:12 PM

Quote from: brettmcd on July 08, 2009, 06:56:21 PM

...whether or not our own dear leader would have the guts to respond to a direct attack like that.

Of course there would be a response of some sort, but I doubt it will be along the lines of killing everyone in North Korea.

Yes it will be something like his apologizing for all of Americas failures in the area over history.   Then it will be a talk to see what we can give them so they wont do it again.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 12:04:05 AM »

Wired is reporting it as a lazy hacker using 5 year old technology to conduct a simple DDoS attack.

In the recent attack, experts say the malware used no sophisticated techniques to evade detection by anti-virus software and doesnít appear to have been written by someone experienced in coding malware. The authorís use of a pre-written worm to deliver the code also suggests the attacker probably wasnít thinking of a long-term attack.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: